Buying Standard CD Only -- Anyone Else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Right now I think I'm just buying the standard CD of the album. Is there any reason to get the other stuff? I'm trying to fight the urge to OWN everything for no reason other than it exists.

Most curious about iTunes pre order exclusive track, but figure it will show up somewhere on these boards.

Same here. I can't afford the deluxe at this juncture, and the digipack is a waste (if Linear is just a download, why not...I don't know...download it for free? Plus, digipacks suck in general).

I'm just getting the standard CD too.
I just watched Linear and I don't think I would pay all that money for the movie, music, and a booklet. :huh: I also can't afford it right now. I'm waiting until it gets closer to my birthday in May, to decide.
And if I already have the movie, then what's the point?

the other stuff is being put out purely to pad u2's pockets, they lose money on downloads, so they counter this by selling mulitple album release packages to superfans. Personally i dont know why anyone would overpay that much for a little booklet and a few pictures, it's like subscribing to magazines, with the internet it's just pointless because there's so much info out there, and the album pics will show up soon enough. But if you need to pay 68 bones to see see a couple pics sooner, or whatever they charge for that crap than go ahead. Bring the booklet to work even, and view a new picture for every hour you work, cause thats what yer getting for your time.

Basic for me. Linear by accounts of those who have seen it is not worth it and there's no multi-channel soundtrack on it. The packaging is where most of the cost is.

I'll get the standard and then maybe the vinyl in the future.

Ditto!

Same here. Business down the last few months, so I won't be springing for the Digipak or Box Set.

Other than the movie, I haven't heard of anything in either of the fancy-schmancy versions that I see as a must have (extra photos, interviews, etc - enough of those available for free!). I'd like to have the DVD, but from what I've heard so far, it's not a must right away. If they want people to pay upwards of $75 for a box set, it damn well better include some truly incredible stuff!

I'll probably get the CD/magazine format. The $67 box set version is a little expensive. Does anyone know if the magazine and the hardcover book you get with the box set are the same thing?

Im at university so I could not go all out and buy the 'deluxe set'. I bought the CD but unfortunately they only had the Standard CD with NLOTH2 bonus. I didn't want to have to press stop when I have listened through the CD. :sad:

i kinda doubt im even gonna buy anything, i already have it, whats the point

I have to pay my share of rent this weekend :angry: so I'll be really limited on cash.

Hmm, seems many people don't really like the extras on it. I was thinking on buying it just because I wanted to get the best (?) and also because of Linear, but now I hear it's a download?! what's up with that?

If I buy the boxset, that'll have to do until much later in the year for me. I really want those remasters as well!

If I buy the stardard CD, I could get Amazon's Boy/October/War package around almost the same deal I'll be paying for the expensive No Line.

And that would just leave The Joshua Tree remaster for later in the year... maybe for my birthday... lol

I also want U2 by U2. I just HAVE to get my hands on that book!

Decisions must be made.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

The box set will get cheaper as time passes...so those that wait for it will get it at a better price.

I'll stick with the regular CD right now, and watch for the box set down the road. You can snag the Joshua Tree set for $25 or so used nowadays, I got that first week for somewhere around $45 and I don't regret it, but I'll wait this one out. I never picked up the remasters from last year (I might just get the single discs on half), and there's tickets to consider.

Originally was going to get the box set, but I pre-ordered the iTunes and may just settle for that. With a re-up to U2.com and tickets soon, and in-between jobs at the moment, may not be the best time to do anything else... might wait on the box set for a while.

i'm getting the LP definitely, but on the topic of CDs i'm gettingthe standard CD i think...

i hate to say it but that Linear thread put me RIGHT off buying the deluxe version. I bought the standard Atomic Bomb and watched my Dad's copy of the special edition DVD and didn't think I missed out on much.

There are some things I think i really DO need when a band brings out an album (for example the double disc remasters, or 3 disc box in the case of the joshua tree) but with this one I really don't get what I'd be getting extra besides the book and film no-one particularly seems to like.
Though I'll probably end up getting it cheap or on eBay or something at some other time down the line.

So yeah, standard CD for me unless I can find the digipak or whatever the other versions are for cheap.

I will pick up the cd today.It has a special book about U2 in the netherlands (about 80 pages I believe with speial photo's and stories by the band) and the book U2 by U2 for free. all in all it costs 23 euro. not bad I think.:up:

basic cd for me as well (or whatever my local Tesco is selling)- for me watching an Anton Corbin film is like watching a 70 minute Depeche Mode video (ie slightly boring)- will only ever look at the packaging once and that will be it

besides I've just pre-ordered the uber box set for the new Depeche Mode album which contains 3 cd's of music (incl a disc of demo tracks from various albums) and a dvd with almost 2 hours of band footage on it and of course we have the U2 tour coming up

I bought the digi-pack. ( the boxset is not special enough )
It suits great with the Boy , October , War , UABRS and JT remasters-double cd`s:wink:

And I got U2 by U2 book and U2&NL book with the digi for free.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I've bought the basic CD yesterday. Had the boxset in my hands but I resisted. I don't have money for it when I want to leave some bucks to concerts.

I'm going to get one of the deluxe editions assuming they sell them in stores. I don't think I'm gonna go for the craziest one though.

Back
Top Bottom