Breathe (Beach Sessions) Vs (Album Version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you simply can't hear enough from the beach clips to efficiently compare both versions.

ok, just did. i like the album version better because the waves and people talking are taken out of the mix.

I like the beach clip better. It has more atmosphere. The album version just sounds like it was made in a studio. The beach clip really evokes the feeling of being on a beach.

I like the beach clip better. It has more atmosphere. The album version just sounds like it was made in a studio. The beach clip really evokes the feeling of being on a beach.

exactly. i heard that Bono had sand in his.....

....microphone

true. the people talking really add this odd atmosphere. I just wish it was coming in and out of the channels instead of just being in both. It could have been like Fez, but better. In fact, I'm sure U2 just thought of the beach clips when writing Fez, but they can't quite replicate the perfect atmosphere captured on the beach clips.

true. the people talking really add this odd atmosphere. I just wish it was coming in and out of the channels instead of just being in both. It could have been like Fez, but better. In fact, I'm sure U2 just thought of the beach clips when writing Fez, but they can't quite replicate the perfect atmosphere captured on the beach clips.

U2 really played it safe with this one. When I heard the beach clips I assumed the whole album would be like that, but instead they turned them all into radio-friendly bullshit. Fuck U2, I'm gonna listen to ECHOES OF NATURE: The Natural Sounds Of The Wilderness, Part 1 instead.

U2 really played it safe with this one. When I heard the beach clips I assumed the whole album would be like that, but instead they turned them all into radio-friendly bullshit. Fuck U2, I'm gonna listen to ECHOES OF NATURE: The Natural Sounds Of The Wilderness, Part 1 instead.

exactly. i hate how they played it safe on Beach Sequence from Passengers too. where is the talking? WHERE IS THE TALKING?

I agree with most statements made here. U2 really fuc#ed up the recording on this record. Why oh why would they even think of taking out the beautiful waves and dutchman jabbering. That WAS their new sound or so I thought. Jesus this band have cheated me again!:doh:

I agree with most statements made here. U2 really fuc#ed up the recording on this record. Why oh why would they even think of taking out the beautiful waves and dutchman jabbering. That WAS their new sound or so I thought. Jesus this band have cheated me again!:doh:

at least they left in the seagulls on Unknown Caller.

at least they left in the seagulls on Unknown Caller.

Yeah I was actually getting excited about the first few seconds of that song and then they go and ruin it by putting some stupid drums and bass and bloody singing over the top of the seagulls, thats not to mention Mr Edge getting in there with his guitar. Fuc#ing diwmwits!

Yeah I was actually getting excited about the first few seconds of that song and then they go and ruin it by putting some stupid drums and bass and bloody singing over the top of the seagulls, thats not to mention Mr Edge getting in there with his guitar. Fuc#ing diwmwits!

Unknown Caller isn't a song; it's a drum loop.

its not a SOOOOONG it's a DRUM LOOOOOOP

(there was some early pre-release review that really said UC was just a drum loop :huh: )

Unknown Caller isn't a song; it's a drum loop.

its not a SOOOOONG it's a DRUM LOOOOOOP

(there was some early pre-release review that really said UC was just a drum loop :huh: )

Ahhh now yer talking. If it was left as a drum loop and nothing else I could have dug it, or digged it or whatever. Could have been Larrys song without him actually playing or anybody else for that matter. Anyway I have high hopes for Songs for Ascent or whatever its called. Apparently there experimenting with doing songs in the middle of the motorway with all the traffic noise. That will be greaaaaat!

They obviously made a choice based on what they thought the best finished product was. But I do really love the beach clip. It's pretty different especially towards the middle/end.

:up:

Thank you guys for lampooning the obsession with saying the beach clips are better. This thread is awesome.

I never listened to the beach clips myself, but tomorrow I'm going to drive to the beach, crank up Breathe in my car, and then listen to it from 200 yards away just to get the experience.

Get some people to talk to you while you try to listen to it, that should enhance the experience.

The album version for me, arabic cello. :drool:

But I wish they kept the solo the same as on the beach cloip, they seemed to cut it off.

And for those people, NLOTH isn't radio-friendly. :angry:

The beachlip version has much louder background vocals in the final chorus. They were mixed down for the album version.

The beach version has no piano and a more extended solo, different outro.

But it's difficult to say anything more as the sound quality of the beach clip is so bad...

I never listened to the beach clips myself, but tomorrow I'm going to drive to the beach, crank up Breathe in my car, and then listen to it from 200 yards away just to get the experience.

Hey I've tried this and it just doesn't work as all I can hear is the music! I need to get THAT guys mobile who recorded the beach clips cos it had a mystical magical thing going on.

Back
Top Bottom