Breathe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I preferred the grungier guitar sound from the beach-clip, it also contrasted nicely with the anthemic chorus. Maybe I'll be surprised by the full song though.

not to drag this thread down any further...........but wasnt the cello part added when the band was in london? so the beach clip probably didnt have it anyway.

If it's considered 'close-minded' to not like a song based on a 45 sec clip, then it's also close-minded to love a song based on a 45 sec clip.

I would agree with this, but I'd bet those who love this song are the ones who've listened to the 30 second clip, the 45 second clip, and the beach clip. The best parts of this song aren't even heard in the clips.

i love mostly all the clips, but this is my favorite. I loved the beach clip, loved the sample....its just gritty. love the way bono delivers the song, and the guitar sounds great.

"these daayyyys"....

i'm scare of SUC...the guitar is great but the lyrics/singing bother me.

These 45 seconds have more action, intrigue, and lyrical variety than all of HTDAAB combined. The only thing that bothers me is that Bono's voice sounds a little thin on the "These days..." part. That, said... I have heard the (beach) chorus and fully expect this song to be epic. Plus... I have one more word: outro.

I'm actually most excited to hear Breathe based on the lyrics of the 45 second clips! Bono has a cocky swagger about his vocals:

There’s THREE…Things I need you to know,

THREE,
Coming from a long line of traveling sales people on my mother's side,
I wasn’t gunna buy just anyone’s cockatoo,
So why would I invite a complete stranger into my home?
Would you?

These days are better than that,
These days are better than that

I'm predicting the song to get more and more powerful and I can't wait to hear what the other two things are!

I'm pretty sure the bit preceding the "three things" goes like this:

16th of June, 9:05, doorbell rings
man at the door says if I wanna stay alive a bit longer
there's three things I want you to know ...

Those lyrics are dead-cool.

Are you kidding me? The clip was fantastic. That verse reminded me of Nick Cave with the whole quick-talk-sing thing going on.

I thought it was the best out of all the leaked clips.

I like it how Bono just throws lyrics at us quickly, its really something new for U2. :yes:

These 45 seconds have more action, intrigue, and lyrical variety than all of HTDAAB combined. The only thing that bothers me is that Bono's voice sounds a little thin on the "These days..." part. That, said... I have heard the (beach) chorus and fully expect this song to be epic. Plus... I have one more word: outro.

What? His singing is brilliant on the clip. I totally love how he goes from the ranting verses - he's more rapping/talking than singing there - to the awsome "These daaaaayyyyys" part. Can't wait to hear the chorus in good quality, it was my favourite part of the beach clip.

Bono's voice was over produced in the pre-Pop era. They had a lot of echo/reverb going on in most of their songs.

And then listen to the Orbit mix of Electrical Storm. His voice sounds fantastic in that song as well. Again, lots of echo/reverb.

Thats not the only factor though. I know on ATYCLB they purposely left the slightly-rough voice in for Stuck in a Moment & Beautiful Day for example. Wouldn't be surprised if thats what they were going for with Crazy Tonight as Well.

Back
Top Bottom