Brandon Flowers takes credit for U2 album delay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzzkill27

War Child
Coming of age - Features - Independent.ie

Please...I know the Killers frontman is making this comment somewhat tounge in cheek...but I 've heard the first single "Human" and I don't think it would make an amateur band shudder,much less U2 ...personally I think it sucks..it sounds like bad Queen and I was never fond of Queen.

What I found amusing was a review of their new album"Day and Age" on SFgate.com it said:

"Even worse than their last album if that's technically possible"

LMFAO:D

human is the worst song on the album. It is absolutely amazing. Best album of 08 by a long way.

Much better than viva la vida (start coldplay bashing............. now!)

human is the worst song on the album. It is absolutely amazing. Best album of 08 by a long way.

Much better than viva la vida (start coldplay bashing............. now!)

I do enjoy Day & Age...not sure to what extent just yet, but Human is definitely the worst track on that album. Making Paul McGuinne$$ sweat isn't all that great of a feat.

I hate when Brandon opens his mouth to do anything but sing :doh:

And Day and Age is a fantastic album. By far and away my favorite of the year

I hate when Brandon opens his mouth to do anything but sing :doh:

And Day and Age is a fantastic album. By far and away my favorite of the year

i hate when he opens his mouth AND sings. if The Killers ever stopped making music, i may get sick less often.

I like Human. It's a catchy choon.

There is a good chance, however, that Brandon Flowers is a gigantic douche.

The best records of 2008 are Fleet Foxes and Dear Science. Viva La Vida is solid but laughably pretentious and overblown, while Day & Age has maybe 3 or 4 really good songs on it.

Best records of 2008 are Fleet Foxes and Dear Science. Viva La Vida is solid but laughably pretentious, and Day & Age has maybe 3 or 4 really good songs on it.

LM, i also strongly urge you to check out "Microcastle" by Deerhunter. :)

The best records of 2008 are Fleet Foxes and Dear Science. Viva La Vida is solid but laughably pretentious and overblown, while Day & Age has maybe 3 or 4 really good songs on it.

I would also put Deerhunter's "Microcastle" near the very top.

LM, i also strongly urge you to check out "Microcastle" by Deerhunter. :)

Wow, what a coincidence--I didn't see your post. Good to see that someone else around here is listening to stuff besides Killers, Keane, and Coldplay.

I don't know if it counts for 2008 but Seldom Seen Kid was great.

I'll check those others out.

Last edited:
Wow, what a coincidence--I didn't see your post. Good to see that someone else around here is listening to stuff besides Killers, Keane, and Coldplay.

yes! we posted at the same time because Deerhunter is THAT good! :)

yes! we posted at the same time because Deerhunter is THAT good! :)

They really are. Sometimes I think that I like albums, but I don't end up listening through them much. But I've probably listened to Microcastle 2-3 times as much as any other record this year...and it hasn't even been out very long.

Regarding Elbow: all of their albums are great. My personal fav is Leaders of the Free World. The production on that album is just delicious.

On a random note, my favorite album of the decade is Engineers self-titled debut from 2005. Anyone looking around for something "new" to check out...it's worth it.

the song "Little Kids" does it for me. i agree. i've probably listened to the album at least 50 times in the last month, lol!

the song "Little Kids" does it for me. i agree. i've probably listened to the album at least 50 times in the last month, lol!

Me too! The track before is unbelieable as well. The whole first "suite" of 4 songs is pretty much perfect. And I don't use the term lightly. I don't know if it was intentional, but the album definitely feels like it is set up as 3 suites...very Brian Wilson-esque.

Me too! The track before is unbelieable as well. The whole first "suite" of 4 songs is pretty much perfect. And I don't use the term lightly. I don't know if it was intentional, but the album definitely feels like it is set up as 3 suites...very Brian Wilson-esque.

i look at the album as 3 suites also. songs 5-8 may be the least accessible and require patience, but they really set the stage for songs 9-12 to just kick your ass.

very good album. and don't forget MGMT. just tons of albums better than the Killers...

In all fairness the album hasn't been out all that long. I think it could be an album that will grow on you overtime the more you listen to it. I also don't think its the best album of the year either, but I still think it'll grow on you over time.

Yeah that Day and Age album is one of the worst albums I ever heard and I've heard some bad ones. How can he talk about other bands and their "filler" when thats all is on this album. One listen was enough. :barf:

Back
Top Bottom