Brandon Flowers takes credit for U2 album delay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything the Killers have done amounts to turd. 1 singular lonely turd.

except for that one song where he goes "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier doo doo doo doopity doop doop doo!"

that one has a cool(ish) guitar part.

Day & Age is the best album of the year. The only album I can see topping that next is NLOTH :up:
Have a listen to "This Is Your Life". U2 written all over it.

for all the killers bashing going on in this thread: if you can't see why the killers are one the biggest bands in Europe right now, then you're hopeless. Hot Fuss is one of the top 5 albums of the past decade, and Day & Age kicks the shit out of everything else. but if you're going to leave posts like this, save it. it's a lost cause. you'll never hear what the rest of us do

p.s. if you're too busy writing up stupid blue crack posts to notice, the killers have the best drummer in the game nowadays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkLxs3D3vA

YouTube - the killers jenny was a friend of mine live

for all the killers bashing going on in this thread: if you can't see why the killers are one the biggest bands in Europe right now, then you're hopeless. Hot Fuss is one of the top 5 albums of the past decade, and Day & Age kicks the shit out of everything else. but if you're going to leave posts like this, save it. it's a lost cause. you'll never hear what the rest of us do

p.s. if you're too busy writing up stupid blue crack posts to notice, the killers have the best drummer in the game nowadays

YouTube - The Killers "On Top" Eurockeennes Festival

YouTube - the killers jenny was a friend of mine live

so because somebody doesn't like the killers, that makes them hopeless? maybe not liking the killers based on flowers' comments is a bit much, but because somebody doesn't like their music? really? this post is even worse than the other posts bashing the killers in this thread. overly pompous and condescending for absolutely no reason. oh well. that's typically how most of the posts are on this forum anyway so I guess that's par for the course.

The problem with the Killers is they don't really excel at anything except catchiness(and maybe 80'sness :wink:)...

They write great hooks, but musically they are OK but not great, tolerable singer, shitty shitty awful lyricist. If this band just one more thing going for it a good singer, good lyrics, something they might be worth buying, but as it is not worth it...

so because somebody doesn't like the killers, that makes them hopeless? maybe not liking the killers based on flowers' comments is a bit much, but because somebody doesn't like their music? really? this post is even worse than the other posts bashing the killers in this thread. overly pompous and condescending for absolutely no reason. oh well. that's typically how most of the posts are on this forum anyway so I guess that's par for the course.

if you don't like the killers' music, fine. but you can't deny the shockwaves that Hot Fuss sent through modern rock. if, after hearing all the killers have to offer, you can't see how important their music is, then you're hopeless in the sense that you will never understand why they're so great. all u2 fans are used to people hating on their favourite band based only on the lead singer. but if you can't see the talent and charisma that the killers bring to the table, then you probably never will.

The problem with the Killers is they don't really excel at anything except catchiness(and maybe 80'sness :wink:)...

They write great hooks, but musically they are OK but not great...

Ronnie Vannuci, Jr.

YouTube - the killers under the gun READING 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtDlMIwnxOo

its like watching a rock n' roll drumming highlight reel. the expression, musicianship, and unabashed style: ronnie's got it all. he's the new keith moon. if you can't hear how original and fresh those drums are, then i have nothing to say.

except for that one song where he goes "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier doo doo doo doopity doop doop doo!"

that one has a cool(ish) guitar part.

Now you are probably a lot smarter then you are sounding right here, but this is such a stupid comment.

The Killers are a great band, and although many might argue about "how good" they really are...their music is in no way reminiscent of a "turd".

Everytime I hear the Killers I think of early U2. I don't know why, but it just seems like they are at a similar point in their career to early U2. They have that freshness and somewhat unique sound that can really break it to the next level...much more than Coldplay has for that matter. I feel that Coldplay has already kind of painted themselves into a musical corner whereas the Killers have so much potential.

There latest release might be a bit strange for some, but its still really good and needs a few listens before being written off. If you get turned off by the chorus: "Are we Human or are we dancer" the same way people were turned off by a Village People-esque Bono singing "oh no...let go...Discotheque" then go ahead and write off the rest of the music and the band. But in the same way that alot of people really missed out on POP because they wrote it off due to its first single, they will write off a Killers album that might really grow on them.

...but in the end thats your perogative, right?

Ronnie Vannuci, Jr.

its like watching a rock n' roll drumming highlight reel. the expression, musicianship, and unabashed style: ronnie's got it all. he's the new keith moon. if you can't hear how original and fresh those drums are, then i have nothing to say.

He's good, but no Keith Moon, and not all that original...

[/url]

But one of the worst singers singing some of the worst lyrics

Ronnie is great though, he's that band's saving grace

But one of the worst singers singing some of the worst lyrics

Ronnie is great though, he's that band's saving grace

i can't defend a lot of Brandon's lyrics, but he's gotten better (i think the lyrics on Losing Touch and Spaceman are great). and i do like his voice. he's not blessed with an amazing one, and his technique isn't that great, but it's got character. and i think he sounds marvelous on the new album.

He's good, but no Keith Moon, and not all that original...

really? who do you think he sounds like? i'd like to listen to anybody who plays drums like Ronnie.

i can't defend a lot of Brandon's lyrics, but he's gotten better (i think the lyrics on Losing Touch and Spaceman are great). and i do like his voice. he's not blessed with an amazing one, and his technique isn't that great, but it's got character. QUOTE]

Plenty of successful singers didn't have/don't have great voices...I'm listening to one right now: Kurt Cobain.

Dylan was another one that comes to mind. BTW, Bono didn't exactly have a great voice in the beginning either, so don't write Flowers off just yet, he's realitively at the beginning of his singing career. Hopefully he has a long one.

really? who do you think he sounds like? i'd like to listen to anybody who plays drums like Ronnie.

Don't get me wrong, he's good. In a way he reminds me of when Larry used to be an interesting drummer. i.e. Bad

The thing about drummers is there are some that are amazing and will go off on drum solos and what not and can really take away from the song, then there are those that just provide a beat (kinda like Larry these days) but then there are those that really add to a song without taking away from the song, this guy is one of those drummers.

This guy reminds me of a cross between Copeland(Police) and Perkins(Jane's Addiciton).

Since there is pointless fighting going on I'll just settle this. Yes, the Killers are a very good band and one of the better ones to emerge this decade.

BUT

They are not the reason U2 is not releasing an album in 2008.

I think he has a good voice, better than most 00s band singers.

YouTube - U2 & The Killers, Brandon Flowers ( In A Little While)

Agreed.

I think the main problem here is that people are comparing Flowers' voice to the voice of guys like Bono. Lets not forget that early Bono's voice was mediocre at BEST. Flowers' voice destroys early Bono's voice. The test will be what happens to his voice over time? Only time will tell.

To get back on topic....

..Mr. Millenium puts it best: They are not the reason U2 is not releasing an album in 2008.

The Killers have made 3 good albums; but nothing that great. Still they don't deserve the bashing they get from people; compared to people like Rihanna and Katy Perry they're top-class pop

The Killers have made 3 good albums; but nothing that great. Still they don't deserve the bashing they get from people; compared to people like Rihanna and Katy Perry they're top-class pop

People easily forget that the same thing was said about U2. As a matter of fact had U2 existed TODAY, and they had released their album October today the dissapointing sales might have kicked them off of the map and they would have gone away for ever. Even Bono makes this claim, so people need to give the Killers and a bunch of other bands some time....they are relatively new in the grand scheme of things.

No, they are indeed not U2, but neither was U2 when they were young. They had a long way to go...if that makes any sense.

Killers Album = No U2 Release

Seriously strong album for the Killers. Sounds so like ATYCLB in parts but edgier. Great record and has to have been a reason why the 2 didn't release a record in 2008.

The man who wrote the chorus "Are we human or are we dancers?" thinks he is responsible for the U2 delay. wow.

Hot Fuss is one of my favourite albums, don't get me wrong, but their new album sounds like watery house meets watery Coldplay.

I'm hoping he was joking ...

but neither was U2 when they were young.

haha pun!

I don't really understand this. I mean, just because the Killers album is good, why would that make U2 not release their album? It makes no difference, U2 fans will still buy the U2 album. Besides we have heard now that U2 were short a couple of songs and that's why they delayed. But then, who knows?

The Killers are a mainstream rock band.

Rihanna and Katy Perry are mainstream pop female solo acts.

For the type of music they do, I'd say Rihanna at the very least does a better job than the Killers. This is objective!

The man who wrote the chorus "Are we human or are we dancers?" thinks he is responsible for the U2 delay. wow.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not very much into the Killers' music, but I don't "hate" them either. Some songs are ok, but their latest one is really freaking me out for that line alone. WTF does it mean? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom