Book Of Your Heart (U2 saved the best for last)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlpanic

Babyface
Book Of Your Heart is another main course after desert on this album. What a haunting beautiful song!:drool:

My favourite so far! It's spacious, epic, melancholic. Bono full-voice in the end. Simply wonderfull!:heart:

Sounds like they took the feel and atmosphere of Ultraviolet, Ground Beaneath, and Mercy into 2017!

Those who are still yearning for that dark AB-feel will get served here...

Only problem: song is too short (probably because I want it to go on for 20 minutes..)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you this year's Crystal Ballroom...Book of Your Heart. Interference's newest obsession, begun with Mercy, with a song that probably won't even make the set list.

This is a great song but does sound like a b-side. Hopefully there’s a “Songs of Experience +” like the last album with this song and maybe another bonus track or two. No doubt there is other stuff from these sessions that’s just begging to be released!

This is a great song but does sound like a b-side. Hopefully there’s a “Songs of Experience +” like the last album with this song and maybe another bonus track or two. No doubt there is other stuff from these sessions that’s just begging to be released!

Ummmm... this is a bonus track from the deluxe issue.

Definitely dig it, but I'm glad it isn't on the album proper. Doesn't seem to fit. Does give me some strong old school vibes like Iris did.

Ummmm... this is a bonus track from the deluxe issue.

I know. I’m talking more about a possible release like “Songs of Innocence +” thats on iTunes which has Crystal Ballroom, Lucifers Hands and the acoustic/alternate versions of songs from that album. Maybe we’ll get something like that with SOE as well.

I know. I’m talking more about a possible release like “Songs of Innocence +” thats on iTunes which has Crystal Ballroom, Lucifers Hands and the acoustic/alternate versions of songs from that album. Maybe we’ll get something like that with SOE as well.

But what I’m saying is that I doubt we’re getting any more versions. That was the super deluxe version you’re talking about, this is the deluxe. Normally all versions are released at once. SOI was a little unique due to its release, so they had to beef up their deluxe version to get folks to buy the physical version.

The outro is truly wonderful, just out of this world, but the rest of it is not so great. It’s a shame the last minute or so isn’t part of a better song overall.

I really like this one. Good to hear a solo from Edge. I agree with those who said it sounds like a Joshua Tree b-side. A bit unpolished and abstract. For that reason, it doesn't really fit on the album, where everything else is super refined.

Last edited:
For those who think this song sounds like a b-side, try putting it behind American Soul. It sounds like a freaking classic in contrast. It also sounds great behind Love is All We Have Left, (but for entirely different reasons). Actually Book of Your Heart is really the only song that sonically ties Love Is All We Have Left to the rest of the album.

My favourite track sequence for this album:

1. Love Is All We Have Left
2. Get Out of Your Own Way
3. American Soul
4. Book of Your Heart
5. Lights of Home (String)
6. You're the Best Thing About Me
7. Summer of Love
8. Red Flag Day
9. The Showman
10. Little Things
11. Landlady
12. The Blackout
13. 13 There is a Light

Really good vocals from Bono! Very Joshua tree era.. the only thing that really bothers me is the guitar solo and the rest of the guitar parts from then on. Is literally a rip off of Hotel California :sad:

I think that The Edge is, sadly, the weakest part of the last two albums

For me the best song on the collection. SOL and LIAWHL not far behind...

When Bono sings "it's the contract of the heart" it literally gave me deja vu back to Joshua Tree-era Bono. Something about the way that line is delivered sounds like it's ripped right from Luminous Times or something.

This is a great B-side.

Absolutely should have been on the album over any of the terrible early singles. Really nice to hear Bono use the lower end of his range again.

Last edited:
I hate it when they do this - release non-album tracks which should be on the album. Exactly the same thing happened with SOI, three times - Invisible, TCB, and LH.

Why couldn't they have just had two 14 track albums for SOI and SOE?

I hate it when they do this - release non-album tracks which should be on the album. Exactly the same thing happened with SOI, three times - Invisible, TCB, and LH.

Why couldn't they have just had two 14 track albums for SOI and SOE?

Because they lost a bet and had to put American Soul on

Back
Top Bottom