Bonus track for Australian NLOTH CD: alternate version of NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I posted this already in the other topic about Bonus Track Australia.
Don't know if it's true, but I don't know why they would speculate on this?

Free Record Shop and Van Leest are not two sources, since they both belong to the "Free Record Shop Holding B.V.", which means they are the same company

I posted this already in the other topic about Bonus Track Australia.
Don't know if it's true, but I don't know why they would speculate on this?

Free Record Shop and Van Leest are not two sources, since they both belong to the "Free Record Shop Holding B.V.", which means they are the same company
I don't believe it's true. Like I said, a few weeks ago, they were completely wrong with their tracklist. Working titles from 2005/2006 or so.

Free Record Shop and Van Leest's tracklisting is by no means official. Indeed, two weeks ago they had a tracklisting with speculative titles up... :hmm:

And more importantly, they are posting contradictory statements. For the digipack version, they mention it comes with a bonustrack. The jewelcase edition, however, already features a 12-song tracklisting, including Can't Give Away Your Heart.

The other versions now suddenly feature the 11-song tracklist, with a 12th and 13th song, titled bonustrack
I bet there are FRS people just copying information from iTunes onto their own site...

However, FRS gives away two (!) books with all releases; U2byU2 (in English) and U2&NL. VanLeest gives away merely the latter. I can get a 10% discount at VanLeest, though, which is quite reasonable since I am definitely getting the box on Friday 27th! :rockon:

For Dutch customers:
(U2&NL: Tijdelijk exclusief booklet bij de eerste oplage!

Bij de eerste persing wordt een booklet meegegeven dat de unieke band van U2 met de Nederlandse fan en Nederland door de tijd beschrijft. In U2 & NL volgen we de groep vanaf de allereerste keer in de Hilversumse KRO-studio tot aan de reeks uitverkochte ArenA's een kwart eeuw later. Ooggetuigen en direct betrokkenen vertellen over de eerste clubtours, de doorbraak op Pinkpop '81, het eerste grote hitsucces van I Will Follow (live opgenomen in Hattem!) en de groei naar stadions en wereldfaam. Wat doet een interviewer als Bono zegt dat 'ie naar de sauna wil? Hoe raak je verkleed als verjaardagstaart op het ZOO TV-podium in de Kuip? Waarom stond Bono bij Herman Brood voor de deur met een enorme cactus? En hoe kan het toch dat 's werelds grootste rockgroep elke tournee weer uitgebreid de tijd neemt voor dit hele kleine stukje aarde? 64 pagina's, met voorwoord van U2 manager Paul McGuiness en nooit eerder gepubliceerde foto's van de begintijd van U2.)

It usually has to do with pricing and exchange rates. For instance in Australia it would be cheaper to buy an import from Singapore than a domestic CD, so they add the bonus track to encourage people to buy the Australian version.

I assume it's a similar situation with the UK/European releases.

That is actually exactly why it became common practice in Australia. It began around 2000 (so, for U2, with ATYCLB) as the law was changed then to allow parallel importing. Thing is, it actually never took off. No retail chains stock imports. None ever even really tried. I don't know why it continues to be seen as some threat.

Isn't that track supposed to be the extra NLOTH? They probably just don't know/guessing/etc.

Isn't that track supposed to be the extra NLOTH? They probably just don't know/guessing/etc.

jb hifi is now saying that its only the Aus/Japan limiteds that get it as a bonus, there may be a diff one for europe... though i doubt this is it

absolutely, but what im saying is that no other itunes store has named the track yet, and Jb HiFi says that NLOTH 2 is only for Aus and Japan

Ahh ok, so what we're speculating here is that other countries might have other bonus tracks / record stores are bullshitting?

Ahh ok, so what we're speculating here is that other countries might have other bonus tracks / record stores are bullshitting?

yep.

Free Record Shop have bullshitted a number of times lately, I wouldnt trust them at all. The JB comment, and the lack of announcement of bonus tracks in other areas leads me to believe that europe/uk may get a different one, and that the mega-special itunes edition (with the itunes exclusive, and the bonus track) in the US and Aus, (and whatever other countries have it listed) is both

If a band pushes hard enough, there won't be bonus tracks for other countries. Robert Smith of The Cure really put his foot down in 2008 for "4:13 Dream" when many fans were upset over so many bonus tracks being included on the 2004 album.

If a band pushes hard enough, there won't be bonus tracks for other countries. Robert Smith of The Cure really put his foot down in 2008 for "4:13 Dream" when many fans were upset over so many bonus tracks being included on the 2004 album.

Yay for Robert Smith and him ripping off certain parts of the world...:down:

What does it matter? They'll all be online shortly after the record is released anyway. I'd be more annoyed if it's like ATYCLB and HTDAAB where the bonus track(The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Fast Cars) is better than a lot of the album tracks(imo).

I dunno... I LIKE there being only one version of an album... That said, I like the idea of NLOTH ending with the alternate take of NLOTH..... It should be consistent though!

Extra songs= B-sides!!!

What does it matter?

Because some people still pay for CDs(I know a crazy concept) and the price of CDs in some countries is so ridiculous that artist like to reward them with something extra... of course they know it will be on the internet, but for those who still believe in honesty the artist rewards them.

Except for Robert Smith.

Yeah, I'd rather have the version without the Bonus track because thats how it was intended IMO. I think Fast Cars ended up being a bonus track due to it being a little controversial though.

Even though Ground Beneath Her Feet was a great song, it probably shouldn't have been a Bonus track because it creatively didn't fit with the rest of ATYCLB. The Million Dollar Hotel stuff was it's own beast, and if anything probably fit more on Pop.

Because some people still pay for CDs(I know a crazy concept) and the price of CDs in some countries is so ridiculous that artist like to reward them with something extra... of course they know it will be on the internet, but for those who still believe in honesty the artist rewards them.

Except for Robert Smith.

I understand that. I just don't understand why people make a big deal about it. The bonus track will more than likely be on the super deluxe editions that we hardcore fans get anyway, we won't be deprived of anything. The only time it's annoying for me is if the bonus track is a track that I think is superior to other songs on the record.

Back
Top Bottom