Bonus track for Australian NLOTH CD: alternate version of NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am willing to bet that the bonus track will be Winter.

It gets around the rules for the Oscars as it can be offered as "Bonus track Winter, from the movie 'Brothers'.

Lock it in :up:

I thought the rules were that the soundtrack cd or film has to be released BEFORE any other album containing the track, regardless.

Given that there is almost zero promotion on BROTHERS, my guess is that the February release date for the movie is incorrect, as imdb is prone to do most of the time.

???

^ I think the rules arent that specific. It just staes that the song has to be purposely written for the movie. If there is a note saying that the song is from such and such a movie, it wont disqualify it.

^^The Best Of came before the Gangs soundtrack
But, the version in the Best Of is different than the one in the soundtrack...
I think that what matters is if the song is cleary made for the film, not the order of the releases with the song on it.
Hands was cleary made for Gangs. It was official.

There is no source, right now it's just speculation.

Let me quote what I wrote in another thread:

I'm suprised this is even an issue, it's been happening for years...

BTW, any special edition format will have the same bonus song, so don't fret.
But CDs aren't expensive anymore in the UK - this marketing method seems a little dated to me.

Even if the price is racked up on a new release it doesn't take long for massive discounts to hit through competition e.g. supermarkets and online then more and more people download today which is normally even cheaper (legal downloads I mean...:wink:...)

Doesn't make sense for me in today's music business to offer a bonus track because of the cost of the product which wasn't what it once was.

And Zavvi went bust.

Only HMV left as a big music only retailer so the fanfare is less too for as many people - more people buy CDs at their local supermarket - chart ones anyway.

I for one am very grateful about the extra tracks, living in the UK. In the last two cases the songs they tagged on at the end were as good as or better than anything that were actually on the official album. In my mind they're as much part of the albums as the other 11 songs, even though in my heart I know they're not really.The prospect of HTDAAB without Fast Cars or ATYCLB without TGBHF would not be worth contemplating for me.

I wonder what the bonus track on Achtung Baby or Joshua Tree would have been. I would guess Silver and Gold for JT and maybe Lady with the Spinning Head for AB?

The bonustrack of the australian version of NLOTH CD is an alternative version of NLOTH. Probably a different mix. I could be wrong because the tracklist till yesterday was a guessing game but this could be true

It's okay, laurent37. We've all had a redundant post at one point or another. At least your intentions are better than those of the people posting moronic hoaxes for their own enjoyment! (You know who you are.)
But, since everyone seems to agree that this thread has run its course...
:lock:
(Not in a mean-spirited way, mind you, just don't want the main page cluttered up with redundant topics is all.)

The bonustrack of the australian version of NLOTH CD is an alternative version of NLOTH. Probably a different mix. I could be wrong because the tracklist till yesterday was a guessing game but this could be true

I'm serious: where is the info about this or: where is the other thread about it?

Bonus Track: "No Line on the Horizon (Alternate Version)"

This is the bonus track for Australia/Japan.

Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia

I wonder if the UK bonus track will be the same?

Will specific retailers get bonus tracks? (Best Buy in the US got "Always" for ATYCLB and indie shops got "Big Girls are Best").

This is the bonus track for Australia/Japan.

Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia

I wonder if the UK bonus track will be the same?

Will specific retailers get bonus tracks? (Best Buy in the US got "Always" for ATYCLB and indie shops got "Big Girls are Best").

Who knows, it doesn't seem like anyone is exactly clear yet. We've seen so many conflicting reports.

But I do know that you aren't exactly correct about the ATYCLB bonus tracks. The bonus track for many was Ground Beneath Her Feet.

In the U.S. however there was a seperate disk track which was either 'Always', or 'Summerain', and I don't think it had anything to do with what retailer, it was random. 'Big Girls' was a later bonus disc release.

Thanks for the clarification. Ground Beneath Her Feet was a country-specific bonus track, whereas Always, Summer Rain and Big Girls were assigned to specific stores/chains. It wasn't just random. I know Always was for Best Buy, but I'm not sure who got Summer Rain. And while Big Girls did come later as a bonus disc, it was only for specific stores, wasn't it? It certainly wasn't a widespread thing.

Thanks for the clarification. Ground Beneath Her Feet was a country-specific bonus track, whereas Always, Summer Rain and Big Girls were assigned to specific stores/chains. It wasn't just random. I know Always was for Best Buy, but I'm not sure who got Summer Rain. And while Big Girls did come later as a bonus disc, it was only for specific stores, wasn't it? It certainly wasn't a widespread thing.

Ground came on the actual disc in certain countries.

The other three came out on seperate discs, but I don't remember them being retailer specific, I could have sworn a coworker of mine and I bought the album at the same place on release day and I got 'Always' and he got 'Summer Rain'... Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Here's a little bit of info:

..:: U2 Discography - All That You Can't Leave Behind Album / U2 - U2Wanderer.Org ::..

Ha! Yes, I checked the U2 Wanderer discography before my last post, too. It's a pretty authoritative source.

And yes, I know that Ground Beneath Her Feet was on the actual disc whereas the others were on a separate disc.

The whole point of my post is that Ground Beneath Her Feet was country specific... if you bought the album in that country, you would get the bonus track. Always, Summer Rain and Big Girls were either retail-specific or at least, as you said random. Certainly many stores in the US sold the album without ANY bonus tracks.

And ultimately I'm wondering if this same thing might happen again with NLOTH, or if we'll just have country-specific bonus tracks. We know there won't be an all-encompassing "US Bonus Track" but it's possible that certain stores or regions will get a bonus track or bonus disc like with ATYCLB.

A Dutch online shop shows this as the tracklisting for the boxset.

'You Can't Give Away Your Heart' as the bonus song.

1-1 No Line On The Horizon
1-2 Magnificent
1-3 Moment of Surrender
1-4 Unknown Caller
1-5 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
1-6 Get On Your Boots
1-7 Stand Up Comedy
1-8 Fez � Being Born
1-9 White As Snow
1-10 Breathe
1-11 Cedars Of Lebanon
1-12 You Can't Give Away Your Heart
2-1 Extra's (exclusive movie - Anton Corbijn and more)

A Dutch online shop shows this as the tracklisting for the boxset.

'You Can't Give Away Your Heart' as the bonus song.

1-1 No Line On The Horizon
1-2 Magnificent
1-3 Moment of Surrender
1-4 Unknown Caller
1-5 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
1-6 Get On Your Boots
1-7 Stand Up Comedy
1-8 Fez � Being Born
1-9 White As Snow
1-10 Breathe
1-11 Cedars Of Lebanon
1-12 You Can't Give Away Your Heart
2-1 Extra's (exclusive movie - Anton Corbijn and more)

I don't believe it.

Several dutch websites have had song titles that were speculated to be on the album about two years ago. I think it's just speculation on their part.

Still, will be interesting to see what the bonus tracks on itunes are. I hope Every Breaking Wave surfaces.

Bonus track The Netherlands: "You Can't Give Your Heart Away"?

Both Free Record Shop and Van Leest say "You Can't Give Your Heart Away" will be the bonustrack.

It's on the site of the Free Record Shop. It's Hollands biggest record-store.
But I know that doesn't have to mean anything..
(but they also could be right...)

Here's how it looks:
No Line On The Horizon (Box + Dvd) - U2 - Free Record Shop

Then there's another big record-store who says the same:

vanLeest - No Line On The Horizon (Box + Dvd) - U2

Don't think it'll be a credible source. A few weeks ago Free Record Shop had a tracklist including Mercy, One Bird, You can't give away your heart, Nort Star etc :doh:

Back
Top Bottom