Bonus track for Australian NLOTH CD: alternate version of NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand that. I just don't understand why people make a big deal about it. The bonus track will more than likely be on the super deluxe editions that we hardcore fans get anyway, we won't be deprived of anything. The only time it's annoying for me is if the bonus track is a track that I think is superior to other songs on the record.

I understand that...

You Can't Give Away Your Heart

(This might fit in another thread but since I couldn't find anything about it, and maybe not everyone wants to read all posts in all threads, so I decided to start a new one for it.)

Dutch music store Free Record Shop lists this song called "You Can't Give Away Your Heart" as #12 on all versions of NLOTH.

Have we heard/read something about this one before?

We don't usually get bonus tracks here, but who knows? Or mayby just on the special editions and FRS mixed it up for the standard version :)

No Line On The Horizon (Box + Dvd) - U2 - Free Record Shop

Oh and they also give 2 books with each album: a pocket version of U2 by U2 and a Dutch book about U2 & NL. The former is a FRS exclusive but the latter comes with the frst pressing only, and seemingly in all Dutch shops.
(Sorry if I've mentioned this before, can't remember.)

This was mentioned some time ago, and the thought was that they just pulled it off of a list (possibly from atu2.com) of old potential tracks. This song was mentioned in Spin a long time ago as a possible track for Bomb, but it never made it through. No sign that its inclusion as the bonus track is official yet...

Yes this is already being discussed in another thread.. will go find it.

So it had been posted already. Thanks.

FYI: The search function didn't return that post when I tried with the name of the song as keywords.
FYI 2: FRS and Van Leest are 2 Dutch music chains but have the same owner and it's usual for them to have the same information/selection of CD's.

Looking deeper, the bonus track situation is everything that is wrong with record companies. They look to provide the absolute minimum. In some countries their guilt is so great that even they feel the need to add in an extra song. It is indicative of them knowing that their business model is a con.

Bands themselves, including U2, are to blame as well. 11 songs, 50 odd minutes at the most. Even this harks back to the limitations of vinyl.

That said, I still purchase CD's but to a large extent the world has moved on. Bonus tracks; seems very old fashioned to me.

PJ Harvey's latest album is like 30 minutes :|

Back
Top Bottom