Bono With Eyeliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moshepop

The Fly
As seen on the Q video photoshoot,
what do you think of Bono with Eyeliners?
do you like it?
hate it?
or it is irrelevant to you?

Is it the first time he does this?

Is it a hint of the darkness in the new album?

spill it...

It's cool, I'm excited to see that he's trying for more of a "personality" on this record like The Fly or MacPhisto, maybe it's the shape of things to come.

:drool:

I am a full supporter of shaking things up and surprising people, whether with eyeliner or otherwise. Change has always been a vital ingredient to the success of this band. The fact that so many already hate it can be nothing but a good thing.

I think people are making too big a deal of it, it's just eyeliner

He kind of pulls it off though I think

It's a step up from other things he's worn...

hi frank. :wave:

I don't honestly care myself as long as it doesn't become "a thing" for the whole album, like the fly or Coldplay and their rags-er I mean clothes...

If it was for one video/photo shoot, whatever :shrug:

Had I flipped the sentence and put "frankly" at the beginning, there would have been cracks about cheese doodles. You can't win in a white man's world.

In any case, I agree. One photo shoot means nothing to me either way. Like Adam said, they're just experimenting with looks at this point. If it sticks, hey, it looks terrible, but we were all getting tired of the shades.

It's almost completely irrelevant, I'm suprised it's causing such a stir...

Now it has it's own thread? We must be really lacking of anything new from U2...

And no, it's not the first time:

1813221669_a5f7397308.jpg

Doesn't really matter as long as the music is solid, but I don't know if multi-millionaires can pull off eyeliner.

As long as he ditches those tired shades once and for all, then I'm all for the eyeliner.

What does money have to do with it?

Just seems - to me - like a rich man playing with trashy heroin chic, which I thought we went through around the turn of the century. Maybe it's back as some sort of secret-double-irony.

Nothing wrong with it. Just seems a little forced.

How about he ditches the shades and eyeliner, and just walks around looking like a normal human being?

Just seems - to me - like a rich man playing with trashy heroin chic, which I thought we went through around the turn of the century. Maybe it's back as some sort of secret-double-irony.

Nothing wrong with it. Just seems a little forced.

you need to get over the money thing. Its an image thing. Its all forced. From everyone. The clothes (if any) you are wearing right now are forced. The whole concept of make-up is forced.

Being multi-millionaires has fuck all to do with it, other than the fact that it would be slightly more expensive make-up.

If anything, the eyeliner is a nice little throwback to his Lypton Village days. I wonder if he will get out his old high-heeled boots too.

How about he ditches the shades and eyeliner, and just walks around looking like a normal human being?

For the love of God! Isn't that what they've all been doing for the last two albums/tours? PLUS, in the time since the last tour, we've mostly seen Bono in his suits, etc. for political stuff and he looked like just a normal, sophisticated guy. And everyone whined, "Where's Bono the rockstar gone? I want him back! :scream: :sad: ".

Poor Bono..can't do anything right. :hug::wink:

Normal is overrated. We want our rock stars to be batshit insane.

This. :lol:

I don't hate it, but I also don't like it. Maybe I just have to get used to seeing him with it on. Who knows maybe I can give him advice about applying it.

It's almost completely irrelevant, I'm suprised it's causing such a stir...

Now it has it's own thread? We must be really lacking of anything new from U2...

And no, it's not the first time:

1813221669_a5f7397308.jpg

You see, that pic is cool...Bono was what, 32, 33? Nothing to lose.

Now he just looks, ah...kind of ridiculous

For the love of God! Isn't that what they've all been doing for the last two albums/tours? PLUS, in the time since the last tour, we've mostly seen Bono in his suits, etc. for political stuff and he looked like just a normal, sophisticated guy. And everyone whined, "Where's Bono the rockstar gone? I want him back! :scream: :sad: ".

Poor Bono..can't do anything right. :hug::wink:

There has to be NO SHADES. NONE. Average people with the gift of sight do not walk around wearing shades indoors.

But then again, this is Bono. His idea of "normal" and ours differ greatly. Talk about pushing the envelope...

Back
Top Bottom