Bono With Eyeliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't understand the desire of some to want their rock stars to look normal or average...:shrug:

It could be worse though:

32genesimmons.jpg

506236_356x237.jpg

marilyn_manson-band.jpg

boygeorge.jpg

bowie-david-photo-david-bowie-6205125.jpg

bono-macphisto.jpg

i look at it like this:

if he wears eye liner, he wears eye liner.

if he doesn't, he doesn't.

he's had wack outfits before. I don't care if he wears eyeliner so long as the music is good. and i suspect it will be. so whatever.

Bono is looking veerrry similar to the Pop era..that was right after ZooTV...so I don't understand why people are saying he's too old for eyeliner...who cares about the number...he looks much younger!

Whatever gets his glasses off.

I like the eyeliner. Looks good on him and the ubiquitous shades have always made me cringe.

How about he ditches the shades and eyeliner, and just walks around looking like a normal human being?

When has Bono ever really looked "normal"? In his teens, he had the shaggy hair, puffy shirts and leather pants. And have you see the video for "Celebration"?

Then he has the mullet, but with blond streaks.

Then a cowboy with long stringy hair and shaggy clothes.

Then a full leather wrap-up with fly shaped glasses.

Then a "muscle" shirt and bubble pants.

Then a jacket with the U.S. flag in it and ubiquitous yellow shades.

Normal is not part of who he is, in terms of appearance. The eyeliner can work - especially with this bowler hat. If that "Clockwork Orange" look suits the album, then I'm all for it. Anything other than that horrid Cuban cap or straw cowboy hat. And yellow shades? Blah.

When has Bono ever really looked "normal"?

Which is precisely why it would be such an interesting change of pace, you see.

I don't find the eyeliner particularly shocking. In fact, I think he should go further with it. Right now, he just looks like he's trying to jump on board with what's fashionable, and looking pretty poor in doing so. The frightening part is how bad it looks, not that it's some unbelievable about-face.

He can wear pink eyeliner for all I care. I'm just relieved he's dropped the mullet-esque roadkill hairdo this time round.

people are saying he's too old for eyeliner

You can never be too old for anything. :wink:

a99_Iggy.jpg
This guy's the Godfather of Punk...
alice_cooper.jpg
This guy's the reason goth rock even exists...
anthony20kiedis.jpg
This guy's worn makeup & bad outfits, but is still kicking ass...

Granted, Iggy Pop & Alice Cooper can't hold a match to Bono in the looks department like Anthony Kiedis can, but my point is this: have these three guys (more contemporary to Bono than Marilyn Manson, Billy Joe Armstrong, etc., etc.) ever looked ridiculous during their careers? Absolutely. Did looking ridiculous upset their fans? Maybe on occasion. Did it kill their careers? Obviously not. :eyebrow:

Look, I cringed when I first saw B with the guyliner - because my first reaction was to think of the tragically hip fashion victims you see wearing it everywhere who are obviously just trying to piss off Mommy & Daddy. :slant: But then I remembered, oh yeah - Bono's a rock star - they aren't. And that makes all the difference. :yes: Anyway, the more I see these Q photos, the more it's beginning to grow on me. It is slightly uncomfortable to see a nearly 50 year old man wearing eye makeup but the truth is, if the album's good & band is at the top of their game when they hit the road they could spend the entire tour in evening gowns & tiaras and it wouldn't matter. :p :rockon:

I heard Bono was seen wearing a kilt recently. :up:

Not THAT is something I would love to see as part of his new image.

Bono legs. :drool:

Personally I think it's trying too hard

Is that part of appealing to the "younger" fans?

He can do whatever he wants with his appearance of course, but I just think it's unnecessary :shrug: I have a sense that this will become his new thing..

Back
Top Bottom