Bono responsible for leaked songs / Interference made the news - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
just thinking while listening to these new beach clips, that u2 has to very well aware of the other clips (bomb and '06), and this blaring of the new songs by bono is very much a intentional leak.

its a way to creat some buzz, and get some of the songs out there in a way that isn't compromising anything they are tryin to do in terms of album sales. the quality is so bad its not going to turn up on the radio are anything like that, but still gives you and idea where they are going.

so, with the inevitable people taping the new songs from the beach when bono plays- is this a calculated way for promotion now? they have to know its going to happen.

i completely agree with everything you said. the band is definitely aware that these recordings are being shared, and they're at no risk. it's not like people are going to not buy the album because they have these clips, and i would say 99% of the people that have these clips will end up buying the album out of respect of the band anyway.

and i would say 99% of the people that have these clips will end up buying the album out of respect of the band anyway.

Haha...1% of the people who were going to buy the album will hear these clips and change their mind? :lol:

just thinking while listening to these new beach clips, that u2 has to very well aware of the other clips (bomb and '06), and this blaring of the new songs by bono is very much a intentional leak.

its a way to creat some buzz, and get some of the songs out there in a way that isn't compromising anything they are tryin to do in terms of album sales. the quality is so bad its not going to turn up on the radio are anything like that, but still gives you and idea where they are going.

so, with the inevitable people taping the new songs from the beach when bono plays- is this a calculated way for promotion now? they have to know its going to happen.

Spot on - they know we are listening ! The sand has ears !!!!!!! Mike

I think they are aware, but I'm not sure how calculated it is...

But the majority of people listening to the "beach clips" are pretty die hard anyways.

I think they are aware, but I'm not sure how calculated it is...

But the majority of people listening to the "beach clips" are pretty die hard anyways.

Yeah, I'm not really sure this could be counted as "promotion". Everyone (except those loved ones who we force to listen against their will) who will hear these clips was destined to buy the record.

But on the other hand, by making the die hards excited by the new sound...you could perhaps start getting good vibes flowing (if the music press picks up on it).

But on the other hand, by making the die hards excited by the new sound...you could perhaps start getting good vibes flowing (if the music press picks up on it).

And I think that's happening right now. People are excited by what they're hearing from the band member's own mouths, and they're excited about the clips we're getting...just look at the most recent beach clip thread; virtually everyone is digging the new songs.

And I think that's happening right now. People are excited by what they're hearing from the band member's own mouths, and they're excited about the clips we're getting...just look at the most recent beach clip thread; virtually everyone is digging the new songs.

Agreed. I just responded to your post in the other thread, and you are SPOT ON.

How great would it be if everyone loved the new songs and no one complained about them :love:

I know, wishful thinking :lol:

Spot on - they know we are listening ! The sand has ears !!!!!!! Mike

That made me spit out my cup of tea laughing :applaud:

The guys know exactly what they are doing, they know, (as aformentioned) it is a low risk release and they know we are gagging for material. Win win situation I say!

And yes The Edge IS on fire! :up: Very melodic tunes :flirt:

How great would it be if everyone loved the new songs and no one complained about them :love:

Sorry to say but some people have started bashing it as not radical enough of a change from HTDAAB. It's a good way to be elitist by not agreeing with the general vibe.

I guess I'm an elitist too because I love the hated HTDAAB.:up:

Iz163017.jpg

Something like that ?

Sorry to say but some people have started bashing it as not radical enough of a change from HTDAAB. It's a good way to be elitist by not agreeing with the general vibe.

Agreed on everything, loving HTDAAB included.

reading this site, makes me think i am not critical enough. i have liked every album u2 has released, which is not true for most the music i listen to. there are lots of bands i used to love, that newer material really missed for me- but not with u2. atyclb, and bomb both were great to me. maybe i am just getting old with the band and the mellow phase has worked perfectly for me. i got married around the time of atyclb and then started having kids right after bomb- so maybe that has something to do with it.

I think that they are playing these for the fans, but not for promotional purposes. I think they know we are gagging to hear it, and it's so far away. The know the beach clips will happen, and possibly prevent people from trying to steal the music and leak it out.

Well it will keep me going for another week or so... need something more to get me to November though!

I think that they are playing these for the fans, but not for promotional purposes. I think they know we are gagging to hear it, and it's so far away. The know the beach clips will happen, and possibly prevent people from trying to steal the music and leak it out.

Well it will keep me going for another week or so... need something more to get me to November though!

I know! I already want to hear the rest of the album.:hyper: The other 7 or 8 songs will probably include some other gems like hinted on the last U2.com funky clip.

Jphelmet-
I hear you. Don't get caught up in others opinions... I also find it hard to be too critical of many of the bands works. For me they've literally been a soundtrack to my life...from grade school and Boy all the way through college and kids to today. Bottom line is you don't have to criticize to have credibility, everyone likes different things. Enjoy the beach clips and the new stuff! cheers

Jphelmet-
I hear you. Don't get caught up in others opinions... I also find it hard to be too critical of many of the bands works. For me they've literally been a soundtrack to my life...from grade school and Boy all the way through college and kids to today. Bottom line is you don't have to criticize to have credibility, everyone likes different things. Enjoy the beach clips and the new stuff! cheers

agreed. everyone likes different things. In there end, there is more nobility in enjpoying something, than there is credibility in critisising it

I completely agree with you. There are always people out there who go against the general feeling of the majority for different reasons. I get the feeling that usually its a blatant attempt to gain notoriority.

I'm loving these new songs, and i definetly think the band are doing this on purpose ;)

much love
chris

they are not intentional. the band doesnt really care too much as they know that if someone if keen enough to record standing outside their homes on a dodgy phone or mic that they are only true fans anyway...and those true fans will still buy their music and it will only be shared with a limited number of die hards that can put up (and are interested) with listening to beach clips...

it would be like if Twin Peaks came back! :drool:

Haha. Brilliant...but how long could they keep the series going? I think it was kinda perfect where it ended.

Btw, do you take your Twin Peaks with or without the green? :sexywink: I must say it "enhances" the experience.

I doubt U2 are doing it intentionally as promotion, but surely they're aware this stuff gets out, and they must not mind.

I doubt U2 are doing it intentionally as promotion, but surely they're aware this stuff gets out, and they must not mind.

Surely if there was any intent in it, they’d blast them from their studio with the windows open or something, not their private holiday homes. I’m sure they’re aware and don’t mind that this stuff gets out, but I would have thought they’d be trying to minimize the fan loitering outside their private properties, not doing things that encourage it.

Back
Top Bottom