Bono: our most complete and radical album yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2search

War Child
This is supposed to be on the Rolling Stone website, but that particular link on their homepage is broken. The headline is "Exclusive: Bono Remembers U2's "Boy""
Home : Rolling Stone

According to other sources, Bono has responded to a review of Boy in Rolling Stone and made this remark on a sideline. The text doesn't really look like it was ment for publishing.

Exclusive: Bono Remembers U2’s “Boy”
MusicRatty: Exclusive: Bono Remembers U2s Boy

Added: here is the link to the original letter:
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/04/exclusive-bono-remembers-u2s-boy/

Last edited:
That would make LP12 their best album, and resembles Lillyhite's gushing over this album. Either they're doing the hype of their lives or we really are getting something special.

That would make LP12 their best album, and resembles Lillyhite's gushing over this album. Either they're doing the hype of their lives or we really are getting something special.

I hope it's the latter, but Bono said that Bomb might be "our best" at one point...

Has there ever been a band, with that kind of back catologue, that made their best album almost 30 years into their career and almost at the big 5-0 age ?

"Anyway, as my band mates and I attempt to finish our most complete and radical album yet".

I cannot open the original link but I've read the letter and found it very interesting, funny and touching. I'm surprised he hasn't listened to the album for 20 years.

Btw, I think this topic doesn't belong in this forum, because this isn't really news about the new album, it should be in the main forum.

if ninetynine percent of rock and roll is about sex this one percenter is about virginity and not wanting to lose it…maleneÿss is more elusive here and I can see now why the album had such a connection in the gay community with songs like TWILIGHT and STORIES FOR BOYS.

told y'all.

I cannot open the original link but I've read the letter and found it very interesting, funny and touching. I'm surprised he hasn't listened to the album for 20 years.

Btw, I think this topic doesn't belong in this forum, because this isn't really news about the new album, it should be in the main forum.

The quote is about the new album. That doesn't belong here?

What are the last 2 albums duds in comparison to?

I know as well as anybody else if somebody such as Coldplay put those albums out that they would be considered great albums on this forum and to be honest the double standard is a bunch of crap.

It started long before the last 2 albums, its happened on every album since the Internet was publically available on a world wide basis. People were saying the same bullshit about Zooropa, Passengers and POP, it hasnt changed any. I guess it is a good sign if people are critical about the music but still keep coming back for more though.

I challenge anybody that doesnt like the new album and didnt like the last 2 albums to go away and never listen to U2 again. I know that wont happen though. Youlle just come back and say more of the same without giving the new album a fair listen.

Yes lets get this straight....U2 does sound like U2....is this a bad thing? Some people make it sound like it is on this forum.

Bobo is full of shit. he said the same about the last two albums and all we got was duds. thanks.

False. Bono never called either of them radical, and only called HTDAAB their most complete.

And besides, we could get fucking Achtung Baby II with Slash guest starring and you'd still post this BS from that bathtub of yours.

Wow, that's a really exciting thing to say! I'm not making expectations on how it will sound just yet, but you can't really deny that EVERYBODY seems to be quite pleased with this record. That there is worth a :hyper:

I am still trying not to get too overly excited as it seems they are always excited about whatever new album is coming out. I do think there is a bit of a different tone this time around, but we have no reason to get too excited yet. The only thing we know for sure is that new U2 is on the way. I AM excited about that.

But the star of the show is THE EDGE some guitar credit must be shared with the groups that helped shape us, people like PINK FLOYD, PIL and TELEVISION…

THE TEARDROP EXPLODES and ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN…they were better than us no doubt about it…with ECHOs CROCODILES a better debut on pretty much every level… that and their next album HEAVEN UP HERE having the same effect on their moment as RADIOHEADS BENDS AND OK COMPUTER.

It feels so good to have your opinions (particulary those that you spend time arguing about online) confirmed by Bono himself. :)

Anyway, his comments regarding the new album are quite exciting. I'd normally pass it off as typical Bono hyperbole, but everyone else involved seems to be heaping praise on it as well. The fact that he is labelling it their "most complete" album is definitely a good sign. I would take a "complete" album over a random hodge-podge of singles any day.

...only called HTDAAB their most complete.

Did he? :scratch: I remember him claiming that HTDAAB was their best collection of songs, but I can't recall him ever saying it was their most complete album. I could be wrong, though; my long-term memory is awful. :lol:

Most complete and radical eh? :hmm: I need to hear this. :drool:

We could all be in for a surprise the way this is shaping up.

I mean Lillywhite said it's their best....he's never said anything like that before on any of their previous records. :hmm:

Did he? :scratch: I remember him claiming that HTDAAB was their best collection of songs, but I can't recall him ever saying it was their most complete album. I could be wrong, though; my long-term memory is awful. :lol:

I'm no good with quotes, so I could definitely be wrong, but that's what I recall. :shrug:

I'm no good with quotes, so I could definitely be wrong, but that's what I recall. :shrug:

I thought Bono said of HTDAAB that it had a lot of good songs, but it didn't flow properly for some reason... and therefore was not complete in that aspect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom