BONO Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
You know we just have to do this ... we have an appreciation thread for each and every single song, be have a thank you thread for Eno and Lanois, but we don't have any threads for the individual band members.

First let me say: THANK YOU, U2 :heart:

Now let's appreciate the B-Man for whatever there is to appreciate. Name your favourite Bono moments on the new albums, lyrics, singing, wailing, whatever.

Be nice :D

Yes Bono has stepped up on this record and made it the great awesome fantastic 4 piece that we have always loved but this album makes being a fan all worthwile and the years of waiting worthwhile.

:up:

Some of his most poetic and sincere lyrics are bled out and stained onto this album.

Voice has strengthened again! Celebrate! And some of his falsetto is just a welcome surprise.

Cedars of Lebanon - I just love it the way he sings it!

Also, the line "squeeze a complicated life in to a simple headline" :drool:

There are probably many other moments but I just happen to be listening to that song now :D

:drool:

His voice is in top form and a lot of great lyrics. Especially Cedars.

Best vocals = Moment of Surrender (seriously one of his best vocal takes ever, absolutely incredible) and Cedars of Lebanon. The low voice is :drool:

great melodies too, Breathe is one of U2's best choruses.

Vocals and Lyrics on MOS are amazing.

Vocals on Snow and Cedars are given me shivers, he's best in a long time, also two songs with great lyrics.

I'm so happy to see him go back to a more poetic style of writing, also love the storytelling.

Overall, great great lyrics on the album, very versatile singing, I even like the wailing and oooooh-ing, even though I had my doubts about that first.

Here to help with the post count, I will be making my final comment of this first day with NLOTH.

The biggest jump in quality from Bomb is Bono.

Bomb Bono was the worst of all Bonos (I'm talking lyrics, not looks btw)

NLOTH Bono is up there with Pop Bono (the best lyric-Bono there is)

I love Bono.

In fact, Bono is my favourite person that I don't personally know in the whole world. Really.

Some brilliant lyrics on this album, he is totally back in form. Great signing all the way through too, he is so amazingly versatile :drool:

:heart:Bono:heart:

(in a totally non-sexual kind of way, sorry PLEBANS :lol:)

He's doing some really impressive stuff. I just wish he would calm down a little (okay, a lot) in some of the verses and sing more in his lower register. Hell, he sounds like Bobcat Goldthwait in places.

YouTube - Best Of Zed, Police Academy

Also he should never, ever attempt to pull off a falsetto again. Sorry, Bono, but that bird has flown.

Overall: very good job.

A man who is almost 50 has no right to be hitting some of the high notes in IGCIIDGCT.
Oh, well, he seems to be pulling it off rather well...:applaud:

Bono is the greatest frontman in the history of modern music. We have so much to be thankful for with his as lead singer and main lyricist.

I absolutely love how he managed to try new lyrical ideas on this album; honestly, if his lyrics had sounded like UF, JT, or AB (all three of which I agree have incredible lyrics), I wouldn't be too terribly impressed. Bomb proved that the basic lyrical concept he had been sticking with wasn't going to last forever, so he innovated without ditching 'classical Bono' entirely. The results I can't judge yet fully, after having the album for less than 24 hours, but I'm more and more impressed every time I hear the album.

Not to mention, he has an awesome voice, and this is his best album since at least Passengers where vocals are concerned. The fact that he's playing around with his voice on this album instead of just droning and using double-tracked vocals... :drool:

Bono's almost fifty! Why is he so amazing? It's kinda hard to believe.

:heart: Appreciate :up:

Always have, U2 and Bono never disappoint me.

Oh and appreciation for the way he squeals right after he sings "then she put her tongue in my ear." :drool:

I'm gonna go bed,my last words being the ones I wanna dream of...

I'm a traffic cop...rue de marais...the sirens wailing but it's me that wants to get away!

Regards from England at 2AM,
ADY!!!!!

"...get away" :drool::drool: He sounds like hes 27 again there.

Bono's pretty cool by me. I had no idea where to express such a thought until this thread appeared.

Bono's pretty cool by me. I had no idea where to express such a thought until this thread appeared.

:lol:

Yeah I really like U2, maybe I should start a U2 Appreciation thread ... :wink:

srsly tho, Bono deserves to be appreciated for his work on No Line. well done sir, well done. Wouldn't have guessed you're almost 50.

I don't like the falsetto much, I've never liked it, not even back in the 90s. But kudos to him for trying. :up:

Everything else is brilliant. This is certainly a Bono album.

Back
Top Bottom