BONO Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono did surprise me on this album. A vast improvement lyrically from the last record. The actual vocal deliveries are the best since POP, especially on Being Born, White As Snow and Cedars.

The fact is that Bono always surprises me, as someone before said, he is my favourite person in the world who I don't know personally, and one of the few I would like to have a chat with. As for this album, can only say: well done!:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I like all the lyrics, and his singing is incredible and consistent throughout the album and i love some of the lower register (like the way he used to do in AB and Zooropa)

except... i am not such a huge fan of his voice on the title track.. just sounds kinda weird to me :reject:

bono's voice is arguably u2s greatest instrument once again - listen to white as snow such mood and depth and power - sleeeeeeeeeep theeeee niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight part - lets hear Chris martin or b flowers attempt something like that

o yea and there is no reason to even mention B's age - seriously he can compete and is better than 99.9% of singers half his age and this album realy shows it

He fuckin' rocks through the whole damn album.

yes, I felt this immediately upon first hearing these songs that Bono's voice is the best I have heard since POP and AB. Wow is the word that comes to mind to me. It was an instant impact I felt from the first notes he sang on GOYB. Such overall strength in his voice, power, passion all wrapped up. A truly beautiful instrument he has and something to treasure for years to come.:applaud::heart::hyper:

This is the best I have heard him since before Pop, imo. I didn't like his voice on it, and it was just terrible some nights on Popmart. I have no clue how he re-built it. Honestly some of White As Snow sounds almost like a take during the AB/Zooropa days.

Huge :bow: to him! Great job Bono! Take care of those pipes, we're gonna need them for the tour.

Did I mention I love his voice on Moment of Surrender? He completely owns that song. it's up there with his classics like With or Without You, Red Hill Mining Town, etc. Who woulda thought he'd be able to match his 80's stuff at age 48. Fantastic lyrics too. I even love the ATM machine line despite the redundancy.

Cedars of Lebanon - I just love it the way he sings it!
Also, the line "squeeze a complicated life in to a simple headline" :drool:

There are probably many other moments but I just happen to be listening to that song now :D

I know what you are saying. :up:

It's good to hear him using his voice as an instrument again.

On Moment of Surrender I get the same hopelessness feeling, not that I am mind you -but it's what he invokes, as I do when I listen to WOWY, Exit and So Cruel, etc. He's just phenomenal.

Bono's vocals and lyrics add so much weight to this album
he is the brightest star

Oh my god, yes. :heart:

He fuckin' rocks through the whole damn album.

I knowww. My heart is breaking, joyous and just pounding all at the same time. :hyper:

Did I say HOW f'ing Phenomenal I think you are Bono.:drool:

Bono looks and sounds great at 48!

I bet he'll look and sound great at 59.

Bono is great at any age. Not perfect (except in MOS), but almost.

Back
Top Bottom