Bono and Edge perform two (old songs) in O2 Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys,
I just read this article at atu2.com from RTE Bono and Edge mark end of the Point | U2 news article from @U2 .
Look what Bono says in the last sentence:

The Edge said: "This configuration is as good as you'll see anywhere in the world. It's an amazing achievement and we wish Harry the very best of luck with it. I'm sure it will see some fantastic nights to beat anything it's seen up to now."

Bono added: "And we'd better be one of them..or two...or three!"

Does this mean that U2 may play at the O2 Arena on the tour?
Nando

That's what I made of it too. At least Bono wants to :)

I think it would be very reasonable to expect them to play there this tour. Of course it depends on whether they do arenas in Europe at all, but I do think it's very reasonable....

I think it would be very reasonable to expect them to play there this tour. Of course it depends on whether they do arenas in Europe at all, but I do think it's very reasonable....

The problem is though, it's a tiny venue by U2's standards. I mean when you can sell out stadiums five, six, seven times the size in minutes, it doesn't exactly make sense to play a smaller venue, unless they really up ticket prices...

The problem is though, it's a tiny venue by U2's standards. I mean when you can sell out stadiums five, six, seven times the size in minutes, it doesn't exactly make sense to play a smaller venue, unless they really up ticket prices...

It could be a promo concert, i.e. Irving Plaza...

It could be a promo concert, i.e. Irving Plaza...

That would be awesome, a lot of bands are playing there (AC/DC, Coldplay) and then playing larger out door shows in the summer, maybe if U2 get their tour started before the summer it's possible. Or maybe they'll play a couple of weeks there, which would be interesting :wink:

They will be on tonight, and you can watch it live on RTE's website.

h tt p://www .rte.ie/live/

Remove the spaces.

I see - it starts at 11:15 pm in Ireland so that would be 6:15 pm here on the east coast in the U.S. Sweet!!

Thanks for the link. I don't know if I'll be able to stay up, it's after midnight for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing that anyway.

Great, at least something when the big announcement haven't happened yet. No prob for me to stay up until midnight to see it when it's U2 related

I don't think RTE Live works for people who are not in Ireland though...

Or it depends on the show

Edit: The View is Worldwide, sorry

I can't get their player to work at all. It says I need I need a plugin, but firefox says it's "unknown (smil)".

Well I meant if you record it, we would have a file saved for us. If they keep it up, I might be able to record it later too but they are always swf files which I don't like as much and don't know how to convert. Anyways... whatever you decide to do is appreciated! (If you decide to record it when it airs would be nice in case they don't leave it up long)
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Well I meant if you record it, we would have a file saved for us. If they keep it up, I might be able to record it later too but they are always swf files which I don't like as much and don't know how to convert. Anyways... whatever you decide to do is appreciated! (If you decide to record it when it airs would be nice in case they don't leave it up long)
Thanks again!

I'll try to fix it! And if I don't someone else will, I promise.

What if... they postponed the anouncement because they wanted it not to interfere with a surprise appearence at the O2.....? :drool:

What if... they postponed the anouncement because they wanted it not to interfere with a surprise appearence at the O2.....? :drool:

I've thought of that too. It's ridiculous, but somehow fits the situation, so I can't completely deny the possibility.

Yeah, it's the 17th now. I don't expect anything today. Stranger things have happened, but there must be a reason U2Spain chose that date. It seemed arbitrary at the time.

Either way, we're on the verge of something big happening. I think it's kind of cooler that we're not all bundled in a thread expecting something by time X and glued to our blue cracked out monitors. It'll be a nice surprise when I wake up, get back from a final or get back from my shitty part time job and see U2 announces _________________ for Jan/Feb __.

Back
Top Bottom