bit on the next U2 album in Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aygo said:
I have one question: can't an album be melodic and at the same time be dark, obscure and experimental or heavy?

I think people on this board tend to separate too much things and claim that it seems impossible to make.

AB? For the most part.

RademR said:
I love WITS, I just hope the new album doesn't have a bunch of them on it.

Agreed, fun one-off song, but please give us more of a serious rock album.

:wave: boa tarde roy, i am not sad at all believe me, i am here in supersunny brasil on ilha tinhare. life is good to me you know. for the 1001 time: this interference is a discussion forum and not only for the yes sayers, you know... but as i said i like it everytime you are whining....huhu:wink: ate logo roy do brasil!

jacobus said:
:wave: boa tarde roy, i am not sad at all believe me, i am here in supersunny brasil on ilha tinhare. life is good to me you know. for the 1001 time: this interference is a discussion forum and not only for the yes sayers, you know... but as i said i like it everytime you are whining....huhu:wink: ate logo roy do brasil!

I sure you and your like were rubbing your hands at the latest Bee Gees/Eagles melodic quotes from Edge, ample opportunity to indulge your hatred over the next couple of years.

The sad thing is if U2 actually produced the kind of music you were looking for, you would be nowhere to be seen on this site. You and your like thrive off negativity, regardless of how sunny it is where you live.

One life, one love, ah ah ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

Just cause they're looking to late 70's pop for inspiration doesn't mean we're getting this as an album theme. For one thing, as a live band, they know they can't come on tour with 12 Window In The Skies; they remember The Unforgettable Fire.

Eagles are great though. Interesting I would equate those two bands more with harmony than melody. I'd like to see another U2 country song. I always loved Love Rescue Me.

Last edited:
jacobus said:
U2 already are dead in the sense of creativity...they became the fave band for soccer mums.

Hey get a life man and love everything U2 do. I'm a soccer mum myself!:wink:

roy said:

I sure you and your like were rubbing your hands at the latest Bee Gees/Eagles melodic quotes from Edge, ample opportunity to indulge your hatred over the next couple of years.

The sad thing is if U2 actually produced the kind of music you were looking for, you would be nowhere to be seen on this site. You and your like thrive off negativity, regardless of how sunny it is where you live.

I love the Bee Gees and Eagles. Hotel Fever is my most favourite song. I just hope Edge can pull off the solo with Joe Walsh style grimacing.:drool:

soccer mum.... someone here is using words they arent used to so that they fit in. im betting its mum.

Sken said:
Now instead of Pride going

Oh, Oh Oh, Oh! Oh, Oh Oh ,Oh!

We get

Hah, Hah, Hah, Hah

This is Pride
This is Pride

And Edge will probably have to sing the falsetto as Bono can't any more, and to get the high notes in concet Bono will probably have to go and sqeeze Edge's nuts just to take it to that higher octave, which I'm sure will excite a lot of Plebans.

I really hope we don't get a record full of WITS type material.

I like the lyric change. :yes:

But Bono sings falsetto just fine. Am I missing something? I hear his falsetto all over the place.

Oh, maybe on certain concert nights he doesn't have the range he did when he was 24; ergo, he "cannot" sing falsetto at all. Yeah! Logic!

Seriously, if Edge's words ring true, then it does sound more like the third phase to the ATYCLB/HTDAAB aspect. Both of those albums were more about melodies. The initial punk influence of "Boy" held through "War". The airiness of UF rang through to R&H. The "industrial" sounds of AB, mixed with dance elements, remained through "Pop". So I can see the "melodic, single" nature of ATYCLB lasting until the next album.

My prediction is a future "Best Of" broken in these four main groupings. :yes:

I have several different things to say here.

1. This sounds like a promising record as song as they don't make 11 SIAMYCGOO/ OOTS type songs.

@ Sicy, you're criticizing the wrong person for spamming. Jacobus is the real spammer here. :rolleyes:

@ The original spammer: That quote is hilarious! (and yes, it is a real quote) :lmao:

2. Soccer mom = MILF. :drool: :lol:

3. The new name of U2 is the Beagles. :|

doctorwho said:

Seriously, if Edge's words ring true, then it does sound more like the third phase to the ATYCLB/HTDAAB aspect. Both of those albums were more about melodies. The initial punk influence of "Boy" held through "War". The airiness of UF rang through to R&H. The "industrial" sounds of AB, mixed with dance elements, remained through "Pop". So I can see the "melodic, single" nature of ATYCLB lasting until the next album.

It would seem to go along with their album history to make the third song oriented pop/rock album.

ATYCLB: an attempt at pop with a bit of classic U2 (Walk on, Kite) mixed in.

Bomb: retro U2, picks up from all previous eras (except LAPOE).

X: less U2-like, even more melodic than ATYCLB. Looks like the band is inspired by recording at Abbey Road, if WITS is anything to go by.

hey stay cool, get over it. if you like it or not U2000 is dead in a creativity sense (imo). you know its my opinion. you know what? opinions are like assholes...everybody has one:lol:
huhu roy are you still whining? c'mon whipe your tears away and just be happy...you will get what you want...a cheesy uninspired album for soccer mums and couch potatoes, dudel music for supermarkets dentists and plastic surgeons. what a groundbreaking musically development:sexywink: good night rockmusic:(

kind regards
jacobus
(spammer and ???)

Edge also says Rubin is all about stripping the things to essence.

How would that describe U2?????:eyebrow: Do we even know the essence of U2 as a band? Interesting me thinks.:hmm:

There was a time when Bono used to refer to Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, the record was produced by Eno, you knew it was going to be great.

And now, we have an interview of The Edge praising the Bee Gees and describing a future record produced by a guy who was innovative in the 80's.

A duet with Celine Dion soon ?

jacobus said:
hey stay cool, get over it. if you like it or not U2000 is dead in a creativity sense (imo). you know its my opinion. you know what? opinions are like assholes...everybody has one:lol:
huhu roy are you still whining? c'mon whipe your tears away and just be happy...you will get what you want...a cheesy uninspired album for soccer mums and couch potatoes, dudel music for supermarkets dentists and plastic surgeons. what a groundbreaking musically development:sexywink: good night rockmusic:(

kind regards
jacobus
(spammer and ???)

You have already said it many times in this and in other threads. We already know, that is your opinion, no nned to repeat it everytime.

SPAM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom