Billboard says new U2 album in 2007!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2freakboy

War Child
Billboard has this review of Window in the Skies ... most interesting is the last sentence!

"Hot on the heels of the punk anthem "The Saints Are Coming" recorded with Green Day, U2 spins off a second new track from "U218 Singles," its hits collection for the holidays. "Window in the Skies" is an epic ballad that echoes "City of Blinding Lights" and climaxes with the heart-warming couplet "Can't you see what love has done/And what it's doing to me." It's a jolly, light-filled and somewhat diluted arena gospel with a big falsetto chorus and Bono's trademark "oo-ee-oos," but the biggest rock band sounds indecisive, perhaps already distracted by the Christmas lights. One of U2's poppiest ever, this huggable tune should gain momentum with the first snowfall and keep fans warm until the next studio album, which drops in 2007. —Sven Philipp

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/reviews/index.jsp

This information isn't any different than if someone on this forum posted it. Guesswork.

Listen to what the band is saying, they've said everything short of "not anytime soon" well, actually they may have said just that.

That's pretty much what's been expected, but if anything takes longer in sessions...we won't see it until November 2008 :huh:

I think they mean the single Window In The Skies, since that's what they're talking about in the review...

One of U2's poppiest ever, this huggable tune should gain momentum with the first snowfall and keep fans warm until the next studio album, which drops in 2007.

the subject of the whole sentence is still WITS, and NOT the new studio album...

Galeongirl said:
I think they mean the single Window In The Skies, since that's what they're talking about in the review...

One of U2's poppiest ever, this huggable tune should gain momentum with the first snowfall and keep fans warm until the next studio album, which drops in 2007.

the subject of the whole sentence is still WITS, and NOT the new studio album...

I'm no English expert, but I thought if you take out the part between the commas, it should still form a sentence:

"One of U2's poppiest ever which drops in 2007."

That's not a sentence.

2861U2 said:

I'm no English expert, but I thought if you take out the part between the commas, it should still form a sentence:

"One of U2's poppiest ever which drops in 2007."

That's not a sentence.

add a comma after ever, and it's a sentence :wink:

Galeongirl said:

Uhh...no. :huh: They're definitely talking about the new album there. :ohmy:

And how would they know when the new album is dropping U2 themselves dont even know that yet.

So some random editor for a reputable website reads a U2 interview, reads into nebulous comments, and puts something down to bookend a story, and all of a sudden here comes new album 2007?

And of course the story will be repeated across several music news sites in the next week so we'll see 5 or 6 more threads about this ;)

They filmed the video for WITS in Melborne. How long does it take to put said video on the market?
Not impossible to say they aren't talking about a new album.
How would any of the naysayers know it's not.
No one here has anymore insight (or not) than the reviewer has.
I remain positive, even if it's a bit :crazy:

U2: Sorry UK, we just realized that I Will Follow makes 19, so here's your copy of 18 tracks

They probably are talking about the new album. But like a few others in this thread said. WHY would Billboard have this info and no one else? They wouldnt, speculation, pure and simple. Larry's tech Sam said they havent started on the new album and said not to expect it soon, over 12 months. That could mean next December, but think about how U2 works. I dont think that fits. U2 is still on tour obviously. I dont think they head straight back into the studio immediately when its done. I guess we will know in a year. But I wouldnt get my hopes up on a blurb in Billboard magazine.

Rick Rubin and Kanye West to co-produce an album that is held in the the same esteem as Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree.....

...that would be glorious

Niceman said:
The song dropped in 2006 (On the album today). Logic therefore suggests that they mean something besides Window.....

the SINGLE for WITS will be dropped january 1st 2007.... so your logic isn't very logical at all...

I think a new album in late 2007 is very possible. With the three remaining beach clips they have three songs that sound very near complete. Two of which most of us think could be big hits. Given the small amount of time they were able to make "Saints" and "WITS" in, I'm sure they could finish up an album over the next 12 months.

Galeongirl said:

the SINGLE for WITS will be dropped january 1st 2007.... so your logic isn't very logical at all...

But radio play is just as important as a material single being released, and WITS has been on radio for weeks. :|

yea but I guess they released it early since it was already leaked... I can't find another reason for playing it on the radio so early.... well, in Europe it's not played yet...except for hamburg... Saints is still on here, so I guess it'll air later in december here or so? :shrug:

The new album in 2007 will be Bono playing one fingered piano tunes now his kids and he have had 4 or 5 piano lessons.

You can hear it in Window in the Skies.

U2 and Billy Joel (The Piano Man) to do a compelation soon.

Or maybe Elton John.

Bono always thought of himself as a bit of a Rocket Man!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom