Billboard adds some extra tidbits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they're mixing things up, or they haven't heard the tracks and are just doing an inaccurate mishmash of previous articles. Crazy Tonight is said to be one of U2's poppiest tunes, and GOYB isn't a "classic rocker" as well.

Well the only thing I would say is Billboard.com is considered the music bible of the record industry here in America...after all it is the mag that lists all the various music charts according to genre and popularity...it's the same mag that had the quote from an inside source last September who said......
"the tracks are really out there,I hope they don't change a thing" when U2 announced it was delaying their album...so that's the last mag that would cut and paste quotes together...they always get featured articles and their sources are insiders in the music biz.

i dont get that idea. Why do people think that?

thats like, if Miami was scrapped from pop, bt we all knew about it, then as ATYCLB was coming out, we said, wow, New York, that must be that song Miami...

they are different cities in different countries...
I think it's more that the descriptions of Tripoli and Fez have been very similar so far (they're both "very experimental".) So I'm hopeful.
And, hey, even if that doesn't pan out, we know we're going to get it as part of the bonus movie's soundtrack. (It's supposedly about a motorcycle cop going AWOL, just like Tripoli.)

"Sources say U2 recorded enough material with producers Lanois,Eno and Lillywhite for an entire seperate album but it is unknown if any of it will see the light of day"

:hyper::hyper::hyper:
:drool::drool::drool:
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

My guess is that many of these "lost tracks" will be used on the aforementioned movie soundtrack, but I wouldn't say no to a new album in November, either. :D

Hey! I'm marrying the woman of my dream this year too. Awesome.

Not to turn this thread into a wedding discussion...trust me...I'D rather discuss the hidden meanings buried within the last Britney Spears album for 8 hours over even one minute of wedding discussion right now...but when are you getting married?

I'm getting hitched on Sept 5th.

"Hey! I'm marrying the woman of my dream this year too. Awesome"

Don't suppose I could talk any sense into you two...:tsk:

hahahahahahaha!

nope. not unless you can get all of my deposits back! :applaud:

Moment of Surrender excites me more than anything else on the album. It excites me more than anything I've heard/read/seen about U2 in years and years. EVERYTHING that's come out about it so far has been fantastic, I hope so much the song itself doesn't let me down, and I feel confident it won't.

Not to turn this thread into a wedding discussion...trust me...I'D rather discuss the hidden meanings buried within the last Britney Spears album for 8 hours over even one minute of wedding discussion right now...but when are you getting married?

I'm getting hitched on Sept 5th.

August 14th. 3 weeks apart--not bad!

hahahahaha!

I better not let my fiance see this or I'm toast :up:

HA!

Cool stuff.

We can share the horror stories leading up to the big events. :wink:

Haha, indeed we can! We already have a wedding website set up with, ahem, Window in the Skies playing in the background :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom