Best Streets Intro/Snippet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if they made the call to go short because the rain/slick stage was making Bono so tentative.

u2 aren't really good at this sorta thing lately...

case in point, rock hall of fame concerts. bruce is given thursday's headline spot, u2 is given friday's headline spot.

bruce's set...
1. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
2. Hold On I’m Comin w/ Sam Moore
3. Soul Man w/ Sam Moore
4. The Ghost of Tom Joad w/ Tom Morello
5. Fortunate Son w/ John Fogerty
6. Proud Mary w/ John Fogerty
7. Oh. Pretty Woman w/ John Fogerty
8. Jungleland
9. A Fine, Fine Boy w/ Darlene Love
10. Da Doo Ron Ron w/ Darlene Love
11. London Calling w/ Tom Morello
12. Badlands w/ Tom Morello
13. You May Be Right w/ Billy Joel
14. Only the Good Die Young w/ Billy Joel
15. New York State of Mind w/ Billy Joel
16. Born To Run w/ Billy Joel
17. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher w/ Darlene Love, John Fogerty, Tom Morello, Billy Joel, Jackson Browne & Peter Wolf

and then we have U2's set...
1. Vertigo
2. Magnificent
3. Because the Night w/ Bruce Springsteen & Patti Smith
4. Because the Night w/ Bruce Springsteen & Patti Smith ('cause they fucked it up the first time)
5. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For w/ Bruce Springsteen & Roy Brittan
6. Mysterious Ways/Where Is the Love/One w/ The Black Eyed Peas
7. Gimme Shelter w/ Mick Jagger, Fergie & Will.I.Am
8. Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of w/ Mick Jagger
9. Beautiful Day

For the record...Patti Smith made the mistake in Because the night. I guess this set is from a time when U2 still believed in their new material live.

If more than 50% of the set being covers makes your day. :up:

a few here assumed they would just play a shorter set, and I'm embarrassed to say many of us replied with pretty much "noooo, how many times?? ALL headliners play a full set" :lol:

but only because it's sort of unwritten and assumed by most people that bands have an official time slot but always just play their full set more or less. encores etc. I've never seen a band stick strictly to their slot (maybe 5-10 minutes over) like U2 did at glasto. Eavis even said they were fine to play "a few encores" in the weeks running up to it.

yet they just kept to their 1 hour 45 minutes, so a few of us were left a bit a) disappointed b) red faced after INSISTING they'd play the whole 360 set on here!

.....bastards. :wink:

I assumed they were playing a shorter set compared to their usual 360 set. It was official they'd have a shorter set before the show.

For the record...Patti Smith made the mistake in Because the night. I guess this set is from a time when U2 still believed in their new material live.

If more than 50% of the set being covers makes your day. :up:

for the record, i was at the concert. they could not get on the same page. smith did "screw up," because she wasn't aware of when she was supposed to come in. overall it was a giant clusterfuck and was very embarrassing, no matter who was to blame.

and the point, which shockingly enough you miss once again, was the length of the sets, not the material. u2 stuck to the curfew. springsteen said screw the curfew and played till 1:30 in the morning.

The fact that they played relatively short compared to Springsteen was the least of their problems that night.

Black Eyed Peas? Jesus...

Back
Top Bottom