Best Of Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
You know after the kind of success U2 has had over 25 years I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think at this point they have earned my respect in the decisions they make.

Thank You

I would've liked it more if they just released the two new songs on Maxi singles.

I just don't see the point in a yet another Best Of.

If this is the path they're going to take now - album of 'U2 sounding like U2' followed by 'Best Of' followed by album of 'U2 sounding like U2' followed by 'Best Of' etc etc - I think I'd rather they just throw in the towel.

:up: Sounds good to me...

My opnion is that what is said in these forums makes no difference as to what happens...

If you want the new Best Of then buy it, if you dont then don't buy it...

Who really cares if they have "sold out" or not?

Translation:

U2 is a great band so they've earned the right to do stupid things.

Since this is U2 I'll apreciate everything they do.

Now if it was a live album , their 1st full one , anyone doubts it would sell 10 million before a year ?

This new album will struggle to sell 5 million.

A best of live album might not sell to great in the current climate but i'd buy it and i give them credit for it.

I am all for the appreciation thread.

I would have preferred something else (maybe an EP of the few completed Rubin songs) but this is better than nothing. We get two new songs, new artwork, maybe some liner notes, maybe a cool sequencing and who knows about the bonus disc (CD or DVD).

It may not sell a lot but who cares - I will buy it and I am sure people will slowly buy it over the years as an intro. It will not ruin their credibility. The only people that give a shit about greatest hits cds being a sell out are snobs, most of whom don't like U2 anyway.

namkcuR said:
I would've liked it more if they just released the two new songs on Maxi singles.

If this is the path they're going to take now - album of 'U2 sounding like U2' followed by 'Best Of' followed by album of 'U2 sounding like U2' followed by 'Best Of' etc etc - I think I'd rather they just throw in the towel.

It's not allowed to say that in this forum now. Everybody will say that in your opinion, U2 are cashgrabers releasing best of after best of...:shh:

Aygo said:

It's not allowed to say that in this forum now. Everybody will say that in your opinion, U2 are cashgrabers releasing best of after best of...:shh:

How about we just not post crap like this in an appreciation thread? This forum would be great if not for the constant pathetic whining.

J_NP said:
Now if it was a live album , their 1st full one , anyone doubts it would sell 10 million before a year ?

No way. It would maybe hit a million. The climate is not right for live records. At this point in their career, they would not want to fall back toward Pop numbers.

I don't know how many RABID fans U2 has, but concerts are a good indication. People go nuts for Pride and go get beers during An Cat Dubh. A non-DVD live record would be commercial suicide.

They should try to revisit the concept of an EP. I know they used it for a mini compilation sold only at Target stores a few years ago. Oh, the irony there.

MrPryck2U said:
They should try to revisit the concept of an EP. I know they used it for a mini compilation sold only at Target stores a few years ago. Oh, the irony there.

Irony?

Nowadays, I'd see them doing something like that with iTunes over Tarjay.

ahittle said:

No way. It would maybe hit a million. The climate is not right for live records. At this point in their career, they would not want to fall back toward Pop numbers.

Disagree it's not about the mood for somethin , it's somethin about smthin not ever done , just see the numbers of tickets of vertigo , plus the fame of u2 live , includin in a cd , things called :

Zootv , Joshua tree tour , popmart ........... it would sell a lot

I mean all people who went to the concerts , is it hard to imagine at least would be willing to pay 10 dollars for somethin unique like a live compilation ? Don't think so

Irony.
Remember in 1997, when they had their PopMart tour press conference, it was held at K-Mart.
A few years later, they release a "Target stores only" mini compilation cd.
In the US, K-Mart and Target are store chain rivals.
Irony

MrPryck2U said:
Irony.
Remember in 1997, when they had their PopMart tour press conference, it was held at K-Mart.
A few years later, they release a "Target stores only" mini compilation cd.
In the US, K-Mart and Target are store chain rivals.
Irony

It would be irony if U2 and the Target Corp. were sworn enemies who battled each other in parking lots like Highlanders. That's just more of a stretch to me really.

I live in the US, and Target is not a rival to K-Mart, Target pwns K-Mart in every conceivable way.

a best of live while they're already re-releasing all their old tours on dvd?
I'd even prefer a greatest hits that will at least get me 1 song I wouldn't have gotten otherwise

so I appreciate the best of if only for that and because if it will end up getting them 10 new fans it's a good thing
it would also bea good thing if it would mean we would get rid of about 10 people who keep moaning on this forum, but that would be too much to wish for

namkcuR said:

I think I'd rather they just throw in the towel.

They already have! Bono disappeared up his own arse straight after 2000 when they came up with the idea of rehashing old material. What has happened to the greatest band in the world. They ARE The Rolling Stones and a big embarresment to the mega group they once were. Still the new song might get them on CDUK so they can embaress themselves further in front of 10 year old kids who they are so desperate to impress these days.

Salome said:
a best of live while they're already re-releasing all their old tours on dvd?

All the tours ? So far I can only see zoo tv , wheres the others .......... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom