Best of and singles review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

dude, ive already posted photographic evidence

bonoyacht.jpg

Bono needs to catch some rays on his boat race! Hes looking peeky.:wink:

"Purists will undoubtedly bemoan the absence of No.1 hits such as The Fly and Discotheque, but hell U2 could fill three Greatest Hits collection and still not satisfy everybody"
AMEN TO THAT:wink:

Eh, The Saints Are Coming never really did anything for me, anyway... I don't really care, I'm getting the compilation for the videos and Milan :drool:

A good-ish review of WITS from Monsters and Critics:

"Window in the Skies" - U2

Hot on the heels of the punk anthem "The Saints Are Coming" recorded with Green Day, U2 spins off a second new track from 'U218 Singles,' its hits collection for the holidays. "Window in the Skies" is an epic ballad that echoes "City of Blinding Lights" and climaxes with the heart-warming couplet "Can`t you see what love has done/And what it`s doing to me."

It`s a jolly, light-filled and somewhat diluted arena gospel with a big falsetto chorus and Bono`s trademark "oo-ee-oos," but the biggest rock band sounds indecisive, perhaps already distracted by the Christmas lights. One of U2`s poppiest ever, this huggable tune should gain momentum with the first snowfall and keep fans warm until the next studio album, which drops in 2007.

The Milan dvd made up for whatever you all complain! :drool: What a gig! I just watched it and I love it!

and did you guys notice that Bono did NOT use the teleprompter while speaking italian during Elevation? (coulda guessed that mr Bono knows dirty sentences in different languages)

This dvd is amazing :drool:

My friends, you shouldn't be angry at the negative reviews

First of all:

IT ISN'T A U2 SONG. The original song by the Skids (released as single in 1978) was pretty crap as well

Second:

The overall reviews express how badly produced was the song, and that's because of RICK RUBBISH :madspit: not because of U2.

The only one thing they say about U2 (and I agree with the review) is that they performace is rather weak. Just listen to Bono's cracking vocals, it hurts ! :reject:

Bono could have done a much better performance of the song. All the rest is because of songwriting and terrible Rick Rubbish "work" :yuck: ... I still remember when I said he is one of the most terribly overrated and one of the worst producers, and many of you wanted to kill me :reject:

Now critics reviews prove I was right ! Rick Rubin is an untalented corporate mainstream producer, who can't even make a decent arrangement for the songs. He has no ideas, no new musical directions, NOTHING, just the same "simple and untouched" s*** all over the place, a mere excuse for doing nothing and fill his fat pockets (and belly) at the same time

I think you shouldn't be against the critics, you should be against RICK RUBBISH instead :banghead:

Finally, I think you should care about Window In the Sky reviews instead

:wave:

Punk music and rock music in general has "crackling vocals" I dont know what planet you are living on but it certainly isnt planet earth.

The 1980-1997 U2 arguement has got real old real fast. Just because this is when the majority of the fanbase was getting into U2 doesnt mean that the latest material is any less valid then anything from Boy to Pop...I can tell you that I would certainly say that most of your musical tastes are crap...does that make me correct in saying that no it just makes me different. I agree that music critiquing is fun to read but pretty useless because everybody likes different things and as well they should...we shouldnt live in a melting pot but some people here wish that we did. If you dont want the album dont buy it if you do buy it...if you like the songs on it nothing to be ashamed of if you dont...too bad wait for the next album.

Back
Top Bottom