Best of album Nov 20th discussion Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
Um, how about that once the moaning itself stops the moaning about the moaning will too? I suppose it's easier to focuse on one side alone though.

Oh and BINGO. Let's let that apply to all complaints.

That logic is flawed. The moaning about the moaning comes after the moaning itself, so the original moaners need to get their acts together. :wink:

We won't let you moan without some moaning of our own. :drool: :lol:

Utoo said:

Once again, for the umpteenth time: Wait until U2 are dead and gone before you go wanting a Box Set. If they put out a box set in 2006, everyone would bitch and moan that the one they put out when they retire is as redundant as this disc--only worse, because they'd have spent $60 on the first box set. :huh:
:up:

more moaning :drool:

Well I have just checked in and havent looked on here for a week or so and I am astounded at this news. U2 sink even lower by releasing ANOTHER best of. Whats going on with this band? From never releasing a best of up until 1998 they now have another coming out which makes it 3 in 8 years. How to squeeze the fans out of more money by re-releasing old music. What has happened to the U2 that was the coolest band in the world? What have they become? Just a hit making, selling machine. The U2 of 1991 would be turning in their graves if they could see themselves now. From cool to crap in 9 years. U2 rest in peace!:huh:

rjhbonovox said:
Well I have just checked in and havent looked on here for a week or so and I am astounded at this news. U2 sink even lower by releasing ANOTHER best of. Whats going on with this band? From never releasing a best of up until 1998 they now have another coming out which makes it 3 in 8 years. How to squeeze the fans out of more money by re-releasing old music. What has happened to the U2 that was the coolest band in the world? What have they become? Just a hit making, selling machine. The U2 of 1991 would be turning in their graves if they could see themselves now. From cool to crap in 9 years. U2 rest in peace!:huh:

: oldnews:

martha said:

: oldnews:

Old news if you log in everyday. Some people have lives outside of U2 and there ever growing catalogue of best of releases. I reckon I have a good idea for their next album. An album of cover versions of Robbie Williams songs!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:
It's ironic that you mention 1998 yet say it is finally NOW that they have become crap. For it was 1998 that they signed the massive record deal with Island Records that included the 3 Best Of albums. Accordingly, shouldn't they have become crap in 1998?

Secondly, they obviously don't care about being "cool" anymore. I'm not sure if they ever did.

rjhbonovox said:

It's JUST a Best Of CD...:|

rjhbonovox said:
Some people have lives outside of U2 and there ever growing catalogue of best of releases.

This would actually mean something as a dig if you hadn't ranted about the best ofs meaning the end of U2. To some people, the band releasing another best of doesn't mean enough to wad up our panties.

martha said:

To some people, the band releasing another best of doesn't mean enough to wad up our panties.

Nicely put. You have an interesting way of putting things!:wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:

:yawn: is right.

some people just don't get it.

I say leave the complainers in peace. Who cares what they think?

Yup, they really don't.

I say leave those who don't feel like reading the umpteenth reason why ATYCLB and Bomb suck alone. What do you care what they think?

LemonMelon: :yes: that is what I'm saying.

Fresh air :drool:

pont04.jpg

Jesus ............. and I thought I was being too much radical bout not seeing with good eyes the release ..........

But some people come here ............ Jesus , Sometimes I think the so - called casual fans are even better than some so called here ......... Coz at least , the casual fans may only know the hits , but they find something they like in 83 , 87 , 97 different eras , while some people here it's all about

After ZOOTV they are crap ..... After war they sold out , this sort of stuff ......

Damn those - So called U2 fans - , These who are nothin more than ERA FANS ........ What would be the fun of these threads without them :drool: :drool: :drool:

I think it's amazing how worked up people are getting. For us diehards who actually spend time on a message board devoted to U2...yeah, the idea of a Best Of probably won't be that appealing to us, as we most likely already own all of the songs that will be included (unless there is a new song or two or some alternate versions). However...to people like my parents and my sister who enjoy U2, but not enough to go out and buy a bunch of different albums to get the hits they love...an album like this is great.

Oh, and yes, I do know that two Best Ofs were already released. I still don't see what the problem is though. :shrug:

Bonochick said:
I think it's amazing how worked up people are getting. For us diehards who actually spend time on a message board devoted to U2...yeah, the idea of a Best Of probably won't be that appealing to us, as we most likely already own all of the songs that will be included (unless there is a new song or two or some alternate versions). However...to people like my parents and my sister who enjoy U2, but not enough to go out and buy a bunch of different albums to get the hits they love...an album like this is great.

Oh, and yes, I do know that two Best Ofs were already released. I still don't see what the problem is though. :shrug:

Maybe it's exactly coz of that ...... that other people will be enjoying the thing , and we won't , all about the envy .......

WildHoneyAlways said:

Notice: look how easy it is to ignore the the complainers complaining about the complainers. oh wait, i must not get it.

Even easier is ignore the complain about the complainers complaining about the complainers ...... Oh f.... I'm already :huh:

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Then why are you here?

I don't understand this question no matter how many times it's asked in this forum! Why can't people hang around to post about past U2 records? Does everybody have to like the latest albums? :huh:

no, you don't have to like the latest albums

as far as I'm concerned people can come to intererence and be part of everything here without even liking U2
as long as they don't spend all their time moaning about U2

to be honest - there are people here who I hardly even see posting outside this forum
they don't post in threads about albums they do like in EYKIW
they don't post in Lemonade Stand about bands they actually do still like
all they do is bitch here about the last albums and upcoming releases

whatever gets you through the day, I guess
and I can't say I personally suffer from this
but it is weird behaviour at a frickin U2 forum

Zootlesque said:

I don't understand this question no matter how many times it's asked in this forum! Why can't people hang around to post about past U2 records? Does everybody have to like the latest albums? :huh:

I'm not saying he or she shouldn't be here. I just don't understand why anyone who thinks U2 sucked after ZooTV would be here. I come here to hear the latest news etc. If you haven't liked U2 in 13 years or so, what's the point of registering just to bitch?

It's a legitimate question, the last two albums don't have shit to do with it.

Salome said:

as far as I'm concerned people can come to intererence and be part of everything here without even liking U2

to be honest - there are people here who I hardly even see posting outside this forum

:yes:

Where do I sign ?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It's a legitimate question, the last two albums don't have shit to do with it.

The last 2 albums and shit have everything to with it. They belong in the same sentence!:wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:

Notice: look how easy it is to ignore the the complainers complaining about the complainers. oh wait, i must not get it.

You almost made it.

That's the spirit though :up:

rjhbonovox said:

The last 2 albums and shit have everything to with it. They belong in the same sentence!:wink:

The last two albums represent, what, the last 6 years?

Add in Pop, and we're looking at nearly nine years.

That's kind of a long time to be waiting for a return to glory, ain't it?

Maybe it's time to finally move on.

Bonochick said:

The problem is the "pretentious superfan who thinks you have to own X amount of albums to be a real fan"

I hate to kill the vibe going on here..

...and I read haven't read the entire thread and maybe someone has said this already but maybe this best of is four of each of the fours "best of" = 16 + the other new 2 = 18

=

a companion piece to U2 by U2 - with a description of why each member wanted to include their 4 choices in the liner notes.

Last edited:
Salome said:

No freaking kidding. :crack:

People need to put their pipes down already.

What a load of bollocks. Yet another 'best of' containg tracks from already released 'best of's'? Surely the band are having us on. Or perhaps in a cunning move, this compilation will contain all of their really old stuff, which has never made it to CD such as U2-3, 'Another day', '11 o'clock tick tock', 'A celebration', plus a smattering of overlooked early singles like 'A day without me', 'Fire' & 'Gloria', and all topped off with some bootlegged-to-death pre-boy studio demos. And in this model, the new 'Saints' single would fit well seeing as the original Skids version was from the same era.

Well that's my recipe a credible compilation, not just a tacky xmas cash in...

Take That also release a album on the 20th , u2 will probs chart 4th.

Oasis v Take that , who's gonna win ? :wink:

I can't keep up with this thread, and have missed the last few pages :der:

According to the Universal Music Group's site, the deluxe release is a CD/DVD. Don't know if that's already been posted, just thought I'd talk about the actual release, which is what this thread is about, no? :reject:

Back
Top Bottom