Best Of 2000-2010 Tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Miracle is basically the tenth lock from the above list. First single from the new album and it means a lot to the band given its subject matter. It's a rocker and will likely appear at every show on the next tour.

Nah, there's nothing positive to say about that track. U2 on autopilot and I doubt anybody here considers it to be particularly creative.

Nah, there's nothing positive to say about that track. U2 on autopilot and I doubt anybody here considers it to be particularly creative.

That's more like it. I thought you were getting soft on us for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"The Miracle" ended up meeting with a lackluster reception among fans and didn't turn out to be much of a hit either whereas "Every Breaking Wave" has been the most acclaimed track overall (see the recent Pazz & Jop poll results) and has also done surprisingly well on certain radio formats that U2 doesn't usually excel on.

Therefore, "Every Breaking Wave" now replaces "The Miracle" as the ninth track that is guaranteed to be on a future U2 compilation that covers this period.

1. Walk On - likely the single mix
2. Elevation - likely the single mix
3. Vertigo
4. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. Moment of Surrender

7. second selection from NLOTH - either Boots or Magnificent
8. Ordinary Love - possibly the Epworth remix
9. Invisible - likely the single edit
10. Every Breaking Wave
11. second selection from SOI

Other Probables:

All That You Can't Leave Behind - In A Little While, Kite
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - All Because Of You (Single Mix?), Original of the Species (Single Mix?)
18Singles - Window In The Skies
Brothers Soundtrack - Winter
No Line On The Horizon - Breathe, Get On Your Boots, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Magnificent, No Line On The Horizon
Songs Of Innocence - any of the remaining 10 tracks from that LP
Previously Unreleased - Mercy

If I had to guess I would say something along the lines of....
1 Ordinary Love
2 Beautiful Day
3 Magnificent
4 Stuck In A Moment
5 City Of Blinding Lights
6 Vertigo
7 Elevation
8 The Miracle
9 Every Breaking Wave
10 (new song)
11 Sometimes You Can't Make It
12 Walk On
13 Get On Your Boots
14 Invisible
15 Original Of The Species
16 Moment Of Surrender

Again, "Beautiful Day" and "Stuck In A Moment" were on the previous compilation. It's easy to forget that given how moronic the decision happened to be. Both The Best of 1990-2000 and any future compilation would have been a lot better had those two songs been saved for the next round-up.

Otherwise, you put together a very plausible list.

As it stands, I'm starting to think they would triple and quadruple dip into ATYCLB and HTDAAB respectively (really, it would mean five selections from ATYCLB because of the two Best Of compilations it spanned). Those were two much bigger albums than what followed and the casual audience will get a lot more out of "In A Little While" or "All Because Of You" then they would out of a third song from the last two releases.

ATYLCB: 3 (Walk On/Elevation/In A Little While) + 2 on previous Best Of compilation (Beautiful Day/Stuck In A Moment)
HTDAAB: 4 (Vertigo/Sometimes/City of Blinding Lights and one of All Because Of Your/Original Of The Species)
NLOTH: 2 (Moment Of Surrender and one of Magnificent/Get On Your Boots)
SOI: 2 (Every Breaking Wave and one other selection)
SOE: 2
SOA: 2

That's 15 tracks right there and we haven't even got around to some non-album tracks (such as Window In The Skies or Invisible). I could see "Invisible" being the second selection from the SOI-era and them just foregoing including WITS as it's a reason to buy 18Singles.

I've also ignored the chances of "Kite" lately given that "In A Little While" got brought back to life more often on their recent tours and because there would already be a song about Bono's father included on this very set.

I am willing to bet anyone literally any sum of money that, if there is a best of released covering the year 2000, Beautiful Day will be on it.

The fact that it was on 1990-2000 does not in any way imply that it won't be on a future release.

I am willing to bet anyone literally any sum of money that, if there is a best of released covering the year 2000, Beautiful Day will be on it.

The fact that it was on 1990-2000 does not in any way imply that it won't be on a future release.

Agreed. I will go a step further and bet that the next U2 compilation will be a 2 Disc career spanning set of approx 32-34 songs. IMO this is how they will incorporate 2000-2010 into it, by throwing in the "classics" along with newer material to hook the casual listeners.

U2 are not going to release a best of 2000-2010 compilation without beautiful day and stuck in a moment, their biggest and 3rd biggest hit from this millennium (vertigo being #2.). The fact that it was on 90-00 is irrelevant. However, with u218 out there covering everything up to HTDAAB, it's unlikely another best of will be released. It's entirely unnecessary. NLOTH and SOI have nothing on them that will ever be considered a hit, or an essential U2 song by the general public.

Agreed. I will go a step further and bet that the next U2 compilation will be a 2 Disc career spanning set of approx 32-34 songs. IMO this is how they will incorporate 2000-2010 into it, by throwing in the "classics" along with newer material to hook the casual listeners.

i could see this happening... especially if they don't actually get Songs of Experience finished and still want to do stadium gigs next year. It would be a sorta "The Essential U2" double album, complete with a new song or two, perhaps that were meant for Songs of Experience, perhaps a song that was left off a previous album like (sigh) Mercy or something of that ilk.

I always like to hypothesize about The Essential U2...but it likely would have next to no deep cuts. Let's face it, the amount of memorable songs/hits that they've had through the years would manage to fill up both discs pretty damn quick.

At most, you could cut "When Love Comes To Town" from the package among The Best of 1980-1990 tracks, but you would likely have to add in "Gloria"...so the 80s is already represented by over an hour of material which means there's a whopping 100 minutes left for the rest of their discography.

All four singles from All That You Can't Leave Behind would have to be there...so now you've got a full disc's worth.

Achtung Baby would have to be represented by the four tracks from The Best of 1990-2000 at the least. "Stay" would need to be there..."Vertigo/City/Sometimes" would all need to be there. That's close to half a disc right there.

"Discotheque", "Miss Sarejevo", "Every Breaking Wave" and "Moment of Surrender" would practically all be guaranteed to make an appearance (you figure every album will get at least one bit of representation). "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" is one of their biggest hits from 1990-onward, so it would practically have to be there even if people forget about it from time to time.

1. I Will Follow
2. Gloria
3. New Year's Day (Full Length LP Version?)
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Bad
8. With Or Without You
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. Where The Streets Have No Name (Single Mix? Full Length LP Mix?)
11. Desire
12. Angel of Harlem
13. All I Want Is You
14. Mysterious Ways
15. One
16. Even Better Than The Real Thing
17. Until The End Of The World

1. Zooropa (Single Edit)
2. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
3. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
4. Miss Sarajevo
5. Discotheque
6. Staring At The Sun
7. Beautiful Day
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. Elevation (Single Mix?)
10. Walk On (Single Mix?)
11. Vertigo
12. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
13. City Of Blinding Lights
14. Moment of Surrender
15. Ordinary Love (Paul Epworth Mix?)
16. Invisible (Single Edit?)
17. Every Breaking Wave

1 Out Of Control
2 I Will Follow
3 Gloria
4 TUF
5 New Year's Day
6 Pride
7 Streets
8 Bad
9 SBS
10 Bullet
11 Running To Stand Still
12 WOWY
13 The Fly
14 UTEOTW
15 Mysterious Ways
16 One
17 All I Want Is You
18 One Tree Hill

1 Beautiful Day
2 Ordinary Love (Epworth Mix)
3 Moment Of Surrender
4 Invisible
5 Gone (Best of 1990-2000 mix)
6 Stay
7 Lemon
8 EBTTRT
9 Discotheque
10 Every Breaking Wave
11 Magnificent
12 Miss Sarajevo
13 Zooropa (single edit)
14 COBL
15 Vertigo
16 Please
17 Walk On

U218 covers the material up to and including HTDAAB.

There isn't enough material now. NLOTH, SOI, SOE and SOA and wait until 2020 and then maybe another Best of.

U218 covers the material up to and including HTDAAB.

There isn't enough material now. NLOTH, SOI, SOE and SOA and wait until 2020 and then maybe another Best of.

It's just that U218 is legitimately the worst Greatest Hits album I've ever seen and is a horrible representation of their career.

i could see this happening... especially if they don't actually get Songs of Experience finished and still want to do stadium gigs next year. It would be a sorta "The Essential U2" double album, complete with a new song or two, perhaps that were meant for Songs of Experience, perhaps a song that was left off a previous album like (sigh) Mercy or something of that ilk.

Exactly, that is what I was thinking too. I would prefer Songs Of Experience first though :hyper:

The Fly remains the best and most important song U2 released in the 1990s. Any Best-Of which skips that makes a big mistake.

(And yes, I know BO 1990-2000 made that mistake, along with many others.)

In recent years, track listing, in particular what songs are included are omitted or included on albums has been one of the biggest areas for concern for me with U2 and the 1990-2000 best of is probably the most egregious example (the omission of The Fly was totally ridiculous!).

I agree with those who say that it should be impossible to have a best of 2000-10 without Beautiful Day and Stuck on it, however like it or not as they were put on the previous best of I don’t really think they could be on the next best of if they are to run in sequence like The Beatles Red and Blue compilations:

1. Vertigo
2. Magnificent
3. Sometimes You Can’t make it
4. Elevation (Tomb Raider)
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. Crazy Tonight
7. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
8. Mercy (Single-more or less the original version we heard)
9. Boots
10. Stateless
11. All Because Of You
12. No Line On The Horizon
13. Window In The Skies (I only include it as it U218 wasn’t part of this series of “best ofs”)
14. OOTS
15. Walk On
16. Soon (hidden track, like October on 1980-1990)
17. Moment of Surrender
18. Winter (linear version) bonus track

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Amen!!!!!!!

But it could end up looking like this:

1 - Every Breaking Wave (Single Mix)
2 - Every Breaking Wave (Album Mix)
3 - Every Breaking Wave (Acoustic Mix)
4 - Every Breaking Wave (Oooops, the single mix wasn't popular, so maybe you'll like this mix)
5 - Every Breaking Wave (Cockatoo Mix)
6 - Get On Your Boots
7 - Vertigo
8 - One (with Mary J Blige)
9 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (live with Jay-Z)
10 - Every Breaking Wave (Reprise)
Bonus Track: The Fly (only in Japan)

8EL9IOd.jpg

1. Elevation (new mix)
2. Vertigo
3. Grace (new mix)
4. California (acoustic)
5. The Miracle
6. Crazy Tonight
7. Get On Your Boots
8. Stand Up Comedy (new mix)
9. Wild Honey
10. Neon Lights (new mix)
11. One feat. Mary J. Blige
12. Song for Someone
13. Yahweh
14. All Because of You
15. Mercy (live version) (new mix)
16. Blank Track
17. Blank Track
18. Blank Track
19. Blank Track
20. Blank Track
21. Blank Track
22. Blank Track
23. Blank Track
24. Blank Track
25. Blank Track
26. Blank Track
27. Blank Track
28. Blank Track
29. Blank Track
30. Blank Track
31. Blank Track
32. Blank Track
33. Blank Track
34. Blank Track
35. Blank Track
36. Blank Track
37. Blank Track
38. Blank Track
39. Blank Track
40. Blank Track
41. Blank Track
42. Blank Track
43. Blank Track
44. Blank Track
45. VERTIGO X2 (new mix)

Last edited:
I'd suggest a nice little medley:

4. California (intro only) / Unknown Caller (chorus only)

:happy:

Back
Top Bottom