Beach clip #1 - Moment of Surrender or NLOTH? *Discuss Clip 1 Here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok... so recently. Good. So what we hear must be or close to the finish product.

Someone was saying in another thread that there are multiple basslines/guitars being played (sorry if I am not too sure of the technical terms) so that it must have been being played from a cd?

I think some of you are confusing clips...

the 3:15 clip is what some people are saying is "For Your Love" or "Surface of Your Love" (we still don't know for sure if he is saying "I am coming to the surface of your love" or "I am coming to the surface for your love"....a completely different song to any of the four ben clips that we have, and completely different to the 3:43 clip....

the 3:43 clip was recorded a few months ago, and that was believed to have been NLOTH, but we are not certain...

ben clip # 1 is either NLOTH or a song we have never heard before, but it contains the same outro as the 3:43 clip, and a similar "whoa whoa blah blah..." chanting chorus that we hear in the Lanois film clip (what we are hearing in ben clip # 1)...I originally thought the melody in the 3:43 clip at about 19 seconds was the same exact chanting melody as ben clip # 1, but Niceman seems pretty confident that they are just similar, but not the same....I'm still not sure, the quality is simply too poor

I think some of you are confusing clips...

the 3:15 clip is what some people are saying is "For Your Love" or "Surface of Your Love" (we still don't know for sure if he is saying "I am coming to the surface of your love" or "I am coming to the surface for your love"....a completely different song to any of the four ben clips that we have, and completely different to the 3:43 clip....

What do you hear at 39/40 seconds on the 3.15 clip, I agree this is not one of the new 4 clips?

I'm outta here folks it's getting late here in the middle of the Emerald Isle, all will become crystal clear in the coming weeks (Remember - everything you know is wrong!!!!!):wave:

Someone send mgokelly the tweaked version I made.

I don't know where it is or I would upload it myself.

The title is U2 HQ May 17 (tweaked)
I sent it to about 20 people, so maybe someone will hook you up.

That or I'll find my copy and get it to you later on.

Someone posted them online, just do a search in Google for the bit in bold.

I've made a new edited clip with a comparison between the two.
Lanois Movie Chant vs the 3:43 NLOTH Garbledshizz

3:43 sounds like "There is no...line on the horizon"
the chant is obviously "Oh oh oh"
They do sound similar though, I have them in stereo comparisons.
I almost wish I had never heard that 3:43 clip, it bugs the shit out of me.

I forgot to put the fucking solo in this clip but I've already encoded and uploaded. :down: Let's just assume it's the exact same thing, huh? :wink:

Oh yeah, if you want to hear this, PM me for the link.

If you still haven't heard NLOTH in the 3:43 clip, you should get this one.

:hmm:

well I went to those spots and I can hear that...but it's not clear enough...

basically, some think that clip 1 is NLOTH, others think it's MOS...and others think it isn't any of these :lol:

we really aren't getting anywhere....we're fumbling over possible lyrics when we really no nothing for certain...the 3:43 clip really through me off course...I'm not sure what to think anymore :shrug:

basically, some think that clip 1 is NLOTH, others think it's MOS...and others think it isn't any of these :lol:

we really aren't getting anywhere....we're fumbling over possible lyrics when we really no nothing for certain...the 3:43 clip really through me off course...I'm not sure what to think anymore :shrug:

Can you email that 3:43 clip? I haven't heard it.

mr.mcphisto93@gmail.com

The good news is that no matter which songs turn out to be what, they are all absolutely cracking tunes!

What instrument is that at 2:36? Strings, horns, guitar? Whatever it is that little ascending note sequence is stunning and quite moving. I have it stuck in my head. And then of course the solo. Do I even need to comment on that?

Basically from 2:27 on is U2 taking it to a level that few if any other bands can do. This is what I've been missing.

Got it, thanks rob!

just gonna listen to it...

your welcome :)

it's incredibly hard to make anything out in it.....but what we can make out more clearly is the guitar solo outro thing, and clip # 1 appears to have the same outro....but the songs are different...so they might've moved the outro to another song...or something, I dunno :shrug:

your welcome :)

it's incredibly hard to make anything out in it.....but what we can make out more clearly is the guitar solo outro thing, and clip # 1 appears to have the same outro....but the songs are different...so they might've moved the outro to another song...or something, I dunno :shrug:

well i downloaded it, but it isnt playing.......... i downloaded it twice and its not working :S

Yeah its a very Eno type sound - kinda synthetic but emotional at the same time... It'll probably get hammered for not being a "real" instrument when the real version comes out... Remember the hammering "Stuck..." got from many on here for daring to use synth horns at the climax of the song!!

Back
Top Bottom