Are you going to buy The Definitive...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe. It depends on what is on the DVD. Not interested in the actual best of, can get the new song by other means, and my interest in the live stuff will depend on the tracklist. If it's Bomb heavy, not happening.

When you buy the Definitive, just remember it's going to a good cause. U2's new tower in Ireland has got a high overhead. We gotta help keep it runnin.
Now we can let all of this tracklisting speculation die down until the CD actually comes out in November. Or until we find out what the Hell is on the damn thing.

Yes. When? I don't know. maybe the day it comes out, maybe later. I guess I'll have to buy it soon though to make sure I get the delux version with the Milan material.

Last edited:
hells yeah. i am pumped. i don't care that i have all the hits. 2 new studio songs + a live disc = major between album U2 bonus. I'm all over it.

i buy singles for 2 new songs for more money. so yeah, i'll spend the moolah for 12 songs i don't have already. that's the bargain of the year by comparison.

This will be the first time since I've been a U2 fan that I havent got the CD on its first day of release.(The Joshua Tree was the first). I will probably buy it eventually though as I dont have a PC at home and can't download the new song. I'll probably buy the deluxe to get the live CD, but it wont be a priority. I'm short of cash, about to get a mortgage and although I would have made an exception for the brand new U2 album I'd been hoping for, but I'll certainly not spend my money on 16 songs I already own two or three times over until I can truly afford to.

Think of it more like buying a Milan DVD.

With U2 best known tracks + 2 new singles as extras. That helps

I'm not buying it. I refuse to buy any more reissued shit and support this cash-grab.

I actually hope this thing goes down faster than a lead balloon ( :wink: ) simply to show U2 that they can't just take a dump on a CD, smear it around, and try to sell it back to us at $20 a pop. They need to make actual music - I don't care if we get one album every four years, but for God's sake put some effort into it and make it worth listening to!

*waits for "you're not a real fan, fuck off" responses*

coach said:
Think of it more like buying a Milan DVD.

With U2 best known tracks + 2 new singles as extras. That helps

Yeah, that's how I see it too. Can't wait for Milan DVD, I regard the CD just as a little nice bonus.

I'm not going to pay $23-25 for half of a DVD(or less), which is about the same price I paid for other DVDs(deluxe). So, no.

Back
Top Bottom