Are the guys closer to finishing than we think ? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2008, 12:41 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 11:30 PM
I'd be okay with remixes if they were at least interesting. Like if the Vertigo single had the Banjo-Vertigo version instead of three similar sounding remixes, I'd be good with that.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:54 AM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by eventide
Hi a friend of mine was lucky enough to be at hanover quay yesterday and he met Dallas Shoo who told him that The Edge was taking custody of a brand new ac-30 that very day, strange for a guitarist that uses mainly vintage amps.
I wonder what new toys he has used for the recording of the new album anyone know????

He also met Bono and has confirmed that the album is almost complete and that u2 will begin an 18 months world tour next year!!!!
found that in EBTTRT

Old 02-24-2008, 01:09 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeIsTooSexy

found that in EBTTRT

Interesting...I think the boys will use the following months to clean up the tracks they have finished and either work on existing riffs/snippets or create all new songs to close out the album...maybe the 30 songs will = a galore of original B-sides......but probably not...
Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:30 AM
18 months world tour next year - this I gotta see.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:30 PM
No. It's still the Bongolese era at Hanover Quay.
Fall 2008.
They'll record until Summer. June-July-August.

Think about all this effort in the studio and what it produced over the last 9 years. Maybe 40 finished songs? Almost 4 years in the studio, altogether. You'd have to take a couple of those 40 to add towards this new figure of '30' to start making the reach.

Now here, we have, HTDAAB leftovers, a session at AbbeyRoad, sessions in Eze, session in Morrocco, and I'm supposed to believe they have 30 songs near finished? Nah. It's much easier to think they've got 30 pretty damn good starts, a few maybe in the can but lots of work to do. Are they closer to finishing than we think?
I'll defer to Paul McGuiness and (was it Bono?) who said Fall 2008 (perhaps specifically October).

If they have a mentality for a Fall release as most of us believe, err....as they said, then why on Earth would they rush to hammer out these 30 ideas just so they could hold onto it for almost 6 months? Makes no sense.

I think they are going to record comfortably until the Summer. In fact, I'd bet they have a self-imposed deadline to finish for their target release and are in no hurry to rush it anytime before then. That deadline would likely be no later than July or August. Comfortably, 6 months of hard nosed recording.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:48 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Well, it's not like they spent the last four years in a recording studio. They were on tour most of the time and just got back to serious recording last year, maybe with some in-between stuff in Eze in summer 2006. I do, however, believe that they are getting ready for a fall (october/november) release in 2008. I guess the procedure will include going back to Eze for the summer months to finish of the recordings, decide on which tracks will make the cut, doing some photoshoots for the album and not to forget: lose a demo tape.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #52
Acrobat

Originally posted by eventide

"Hi a friend of mine was lucky enough to be at hanover quay yesterday and he met Dallas Shoo who told him that The Edge was taking custody of a brand new ac-30 that very day, strange for a guitarist that uses mainly vintage amps.
I wonder what new toys he has used for the recording of the new album anyone know????

He also met Bono and has confirmed that the album is almost complete and that u2 will begin an 18 months world tour next year!!!! "

While I have no reason to cast aspersions on what's said, or doubt the honesty of the poster, wouldn't it be nice if such statements actually came straight from the horse's mouth - as it were - rather than 'a friend of mine said this' etc? While everything that Bono says should obviously be taken with a pinch of salt, it's hard to imagine him being so free and easy. Maybe he was having a good day?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Yeah i agree with the good day stuff.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
Some people are wrong.

Wild Honey is throwaway, a good b-side that never should have been on an album. Like Slow Dancing.

Crumbs is better in concept than in execution, but it does rock. Plus Bono does sell it hard, belts out that last chorus, and adds that "hey!" at the end for punctuation. The melody on the verses is a little awkward, but perfection isn't what I expect at this stage.
I thnk you're wrong. I like Wild Honey. Much more than Stuck...
Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #55
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallucination

I thnk you're wrong. I like Wild Honey. Much more than Stuck...
is there anything to like less than stuck...?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jphelmet

is there anything to like less than stuck...?
It's all relevent to the listener.