Anyone notice the guitar riff to NLOTH (the song)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same as the Fly, I thought? Though Ultraviolet/The Fly/Lady With the Spinning Head all sort of have the same riff, I suppose.. so, yeah.

It's also there in Fez - Being Born. Very prominent from about 4:30 onwards.

U2, "sampling" themselves :wink:

OK Ultraviolet!

Been a while since I listened to the best album of all time ;]

:coocoo:

Did you notice or no?

sorry! didnt mean to sound rude, just wasn't sure if that was a band id never heard of (*wouldnt be a bad band name, especially in the current environmental climate!)

i don't hear much similarity though

That is a major thing nagging me about this album. Too many songs remind me of other artists or other U2 songs. I've never felt that way about any of their other songs. Why this album?
It's driving me nuts. I WANT to LOVE this album but I can't.

That is a major thing nagging me about this album. Too many songs remind me of other artists or other U2 songs. I've never felt that way about any of their other songs. Why this album?

???????

Like what? Because NLOTH (song) really doesn't sound much like Ultraviolet except the E chord. In that case Magnificent sounds too much like Stuck in a Moment.

The person that reviewed NLOTH for Pitchfork said the beginning of Unknown Caller sounded similar to Walk On...:hmm:

The person that reviewed NLOTH for Pitchfork said the beginning of Unknown Caller sounded similar to Walk On...:hmm:

Really, oh that's hilarious...

I'm convinced Pitchfork really doesn't listen to half the shit they review, they drool over the shit that will give them street cred and rip everything else...

I sat down tonight and listened to the album for the first time. I wrote little notes as each song played, didn't even know the tracklist. Just would write 1. blahblahblah, etc.

Ironically, I had written as 4. Guitar sounds like Walk On. Just read your quote and looked at the tracklisting, sure as shit, it's Unknown Caller.

Additionally, to BonoVox, open your ears and take off the rose-colored glasses. It's the same exact riff from the Fly, most objective people can hear it.

Also, anyone notice that track 5 sounds like fooking Journey's "Faithfully"? Also, White as snow is "Oh come oh come Emmanuel". So we have U2 sampling Journey, Escape Club, religious songs, and themselves all on one album. Some times truth is stranger than fiction.

Nloth sure as heck reminds of previous u2 tracks, the culture show version starts exactly like the sountrack version of UTEOTW.

Also, anyone notice that track 5 sounds like fooking Journey's "Faithfully"? Also, White as snow is "Oh come oh come Emmanuel". So we have U2 sampling Journey, Escape Club, religious songs, and themselves all on one album. Some times truth is stranger than fiction.

Yeah and Plant/Krauss got Grammy's after recording 13 cover songs. :shrug:

Please tab out the two riffs and show me.

Thank you.

Do you listen to the album with a cup and a string? Seriously, it's not very hard to hear. Pay attention around 1:10 and listen to the beginning of the riff at 1:14. It's the main riff from the fly period.

It really doesn't matter to me as, personally, I think NLOTH is over-hyped rubbish anyway.

Do you listen to the album with a cup and a string? Seriously, it's not very hard to hear. Pay attention around 1:10 and listen to the beginning of the riff at 1:14. It's the main riff from the fly period.

It really doesn't matter to me as, personally, I think NLOTH is over-hyped rubbish anyway.

It's too bad you couldn't tab it out for me, I was really looking forward to you finally backing up one of your claims.

FAIL

you're being an ass.

plus, it's more like ultra violet than the fly.

It's too bad you couldn't tab it out for me, I was really looking forward to you finally backing up one of your claims.

FAIL

I have to tab it out for you now? We're in music class now? You have got to be kidding me. I think you argue on here for arguments sake. Anyone with an ear can hear the riff.

They're similar but hardly the same. You could take most bands and find riffs that are similar. The problem is when it's exactly the same.

Of course U2 could do some random jazz music that no one will listen to.

YouTube - Coldplay - prospekt´s march

Check 3:27. It sounds like the guitar from this song:

YouTube - Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (live at Later...)

Back
Top Bottom