And it is a Milan DVD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:

oots and miss sarajevo are musts.

:drool: Agreed.

Though I'm a little nervous about OOTS.....I think it's curious that it wasn't on U2.Communication.....:hmm:

from the audio i had a while back zoo station was one of the best songs i heard from that night

It's only a rumor

Ok guys take this with a grain of salt , myself took it , Before anything , it's not somethin I came up like I had info inside or somethin , this is not credited for me

So today I was chatting with a old mate who lives in the UK , who apparently has a friend that is a trainee at Universal ..... Anyway , this could be nothing , this could be my british mate tryin to poke fun at me ....

I won't write it down , I will show for u to take ur own conclusions ....

porj.jpg

I Will Follow, The Electric Co., I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own/A Torna Sorriento, Love and Peace or Else, Miss Sarajevo and Yahweh. I'm assuming 'Zootv' is Zoo Station, no idea what that word below 'Lookin for' is, dunno what orchestra is and can't figure out B.E. -> tick either.

What's wrong with that?

Orchestra = Original of the species.

Below I still... I think that's "Lights" = Streets?

B.E. = Bono and Edge (on the ellipse)?

Lights = City Of Blinding Lights. It wouldn't be Streets, as that set J_NP posted is in the order the songs were played on the night. COBL is the only song between ISHFWILF and SYCMIOYO that fits what's written below "Lookin for".

I took the "B. E. tick" part to mean it had been given approval by Bono and Edge, but that's just a guess.

"Lights" is for sure COBL. So we have:

1. I Will Follow
2. Electric Co.
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4. COBL
5. Sometimes/A Torna Sorriento
6. Love and Peace
7. Miss Sarajevo
8. ZOO TV ( :scratch: )
9. OOTS w/ orchestra
10. Yahweh

The only unsure thing is number 8. described only as "zoo tv". Does it mean it's the whole zoo tv encore containing Zoo Station AND The Fly? Or are we getting perhaps only zoo station? Otherwise, if this will turn out to be true, I'll be really satisfied!

Last edited:
Probably Zoo station alone as the official reports say 10 songs from Milan.

:hmm: good point on Lights. It would fit in the set plus we saw a clip of that song already.

Perhaps some Easter eggs? For example, where is the "Michael, Mikey...Andy...Allright fellas, let's go!" Vertigo?

<<B E --> V>>

Bono and Edge walk back from the catwalk and perform the encore Vertigo? Perhaps as the credits roll?

I just can't see the band release a Vertigo related tour DVD without Vertigo being seen in some form. Vertigo, the song, was also released to hardcore fans earlier this year.

What's cool about the napkin list is 3 songs are not on Chicago, OOTS has an orchestra/Edge on guitar, Yahweh has new screen animation, the first couple tracks are with daylight and there's a fresh snippet on SYCMIOYO.

That would be perfect if only they would kick I Still Haven't Found out and put The Fly in (if ZooTV means Zoo Station only).

U2FanPeter said:
What's cool about the napkin list is 3 songs are not on Chicago, OOTS has an orchestra/Edge on guitar, Yahweh has new screen animation, the first couple tracks are with daylight and there's a fresh snippet on SYCMIOYO.

Wow, you're right. That's just pathetic. That's seriously all U2 can do? Most other bands I follow manage to put a bit more variety on their live releases.

Though on the tracklisting's merits itself, removed from comparison with the Chicago DVD, I'd be somewhat satisfied by it. ISHFWILF, SYCMIOYO, and Yahweh I could do without, but the others are good choices.

Zooropean103 said:

1. I Will Follow
2. Electric Co.
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4. COBL
5. Sometimes/A Torna Sorriento
6. Love and Peace
7. Miss Sarajevo
8. ZOO TV ( :scratch: )
9. OOTS w/ orchestra
10. Yahweh

I noticed something very very interesting my friends :shocked:

I Still Haven't Found and I Will Follow are the only songs that could be included on U2 18 Singles :hmm:.I don't see the other ones being included on the compilation...

So, Are U2 going to release U2 18 with different songs than the DVD?. If so, the tracklisting could be something like this (Notice the absence of hits like Beautiful Day, Vertigo, and classic songs like Where The Streets Have No Name, One, Pride, All I Want Is You, Sunday Bloody Sunday, etc on DVD)

1. New Year's Day
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. Pride (in the name of love)
4. With Or Without You
5. Where The Streets Have No Name
6. Desire
7. All I Want Is You or Angel Of Harlem
8. Even Better Than The Real Thing or The Fly
9. Mysterious Ways
10.One
11.Stay (faraway so close)
12.Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
13.Discotheque
14.Beautiful Day
15.Elevation
16.Vertigo

:hmm:

What do you think my friends?. Now I'm pretty sure the tracklist will be something like this

:wave:

I'm not expecting the Milan dvd to be a reflection of the songs on U2:18. The deluxe version of the album, generally, is for non-casual fans---it's a bonus reason for diehards to bother getting the album. As such, I expect that they'll have more variety on the Milan dvd...especially since they're also giving us videos of all the U2:18 songs on the videos dvd.

Axver said:

Wow, you're right. That's just pathetic. That's seriously all U2 can do? Most other bands I follow manage to put a bit more variety on their live releases.

So you say you really would prefer to get All I Want Is You rather than Electric Co. and WOWY instead of Zoo Station for example? Variety, that's what it's all about, isn't it? :wink:

Axver said:

What single disc releases, with a "free DVD" by other bands have better content? So I can make a trip to my local HMV.

The only ones I can think of are Neil Young's 100 minute solo acoustic set of the full Greendale and the St. Anger Metallica that had the band doing the full 75 minute(plus) album during a band rehearsal.

I'd like to see anybody get through those 2 above listed "free DVD" more than a handful of times duinrg a one week period. I think the Milan DVD has a high replay value.

Other "free DVDs" I have are full music video collection of Sloan and Bif Naked videos that each came with their respective "best of" compilation. Good as they are you find they are kinda just cheap canada only content.

u2fp

MMMmmm .....

The Info I had

Follow
Electric Co.
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
COBL
Sometimes/A Torna Sorriento
Love and Peace
Miss Sarajevo
ZOO TV
OOTS w/ orchestra
Yahweh

Real thing :

Vertigo
Follow
Elevation
ISHFWILF
All I Want Is You
COBL
Sometimes
Sarajevo
OOTS
WOWY

Either the source of my info , was kidding me and had some pretty good guests , or the whole band wasn't happy with that set , or just wasn't the final thing

Back
Top Bottom