Alternate boots video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were stills of this released before the video released, by the art director. There were real rough cuts and everyone freaked out, they were so rough everyone thought they were fake. But I believe this is why the video release was delayed U2 didn't really like this version so they did other, which was leaked early, and then we finally got the finished product. So now that this is out, there are actually 3 versions floating around.

This one, the official(rough cut), and the official.

There were stills of this released before the video released, by the art director. There were real rough cuts and everyone freaked out, they were so rough everyone thought they were fake. But I believe this is why the video release was delayed U2 didn't really like this version so they did other, which was leaked early, and then we finally got the finished product. So now that this is out, there are actually 3 versions floating around.

This one, the official(rough cut), and the official.

What about the 'live performance video screens cut' which appeared on Amazon? Makes it 4 ;)

Read what I posted before. This was comissioned by U2, we had access to some of the stills before the official ever came out, so there is no way it's fan made, how would they have access to the band footage before the official ever came out.

I tried looking for the thread with the first stills but couldn't find it, anyone remember?

Now this is the first time I've seen the full video so it may have just been leaked I don't know but it was the first draft and U2 didn't like it.

I like it better - cleaner feel, less cluttered and random.

But not as kinetic - less stuff blowing up, cracking, etc.

Also, Bono smashing through the wall makes more sense in this one.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Adventures in green screens!

I want a high res version! :) I love the breaking through the words part, instead of breaking the bricks.

I prefer this version, though the one they actually used was way above par for the usual videos they put out anyway.

I thought the part of Linear that has Get On Your Boots and the women with the mustaches would make a great video.

Back
Top Bottom