Album released to Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The biggest radio station in my country (which is also the worst, imo :madspit:) never plays anything from U2 except the same 3 songs from the 80s. They premiered Boots and never played it again. They have a contest to win tickets for U2's gig in London on Friday (300 people in the audience, release party) and said they'll start playing songs from the album beginning on Wednesday :doh: They've had the album for a week now and haven't played anything from it, while all other radio stations have played those songs. I'm sure they give it a bad review, because it's not mainstream enough. In fact I hope I'll never hear any new U2 songs on that station.

They played the whole album, start to finish, on tripleM in australia on friday night 20th.

They played Crazy Tonight this morning Last Unicorn, and i think also a couple of other tunes last week and will continue playing a song each day till friday in the morning show (wecker :sexywink:)

:ohmy:

Really? When exactly?

I usually listen to only 1 or 2 hours of the morning show. Guess I have to listen again more closely in the next days. But I've heard the commercial about the U2 contest several times now.

I heard Crazy Tonight and Stand Up Comedy within the same hour yesterday on The Spectrum. And then MOS this morning! I love this station now :love:

Quote:
Really? When exactly?

I usually listen to only 1 or 2 hours of the morning show. Guess I have to listen again more closely in the next days. But I've heard the commercial about the U2 contest several times now.

It was on at about 7.20 this morning and now again about 1 1/2 hour ago. Go to their website and you`ll see which tracks have already been played.

I guess tommorow another new song, same time, same place!

Boots is getting very strong play on Edge (modern rock station). But on the top hits station, its not getting as much love although they did play it once so far today.

Quote:
Really? When exactly?

It was on at about 7.20 this morning and now again about 1 1/2 hour ago. Go to their website and you`ll see which tracks have already been played.

I guess tommorow another new song, same time, same place!

OK, thanks. Did they say anything about the album?

Sorry, but in the morning i just recognized the song when it was being played and after the song the mentioned the contest again; in the afternoon i didn`t hear it by myself but my co-workers told me that it was played.

Radio Hamburg played the whole album today....

Started off With the BOOTS, and I assumed it would be just that (after all, they play it every other day on the station) but then it continued on with every other track from the album. I was surprised.... but excited..

Back
Top Bottom