Alan Cross interview with Daniel Lanois / 360 Degree Stage Set-Up / Updated 01-22-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The music will be dark and dreamy, and hundreds of "magic" hookahs will be passed around the audience. No video screens needed. :drunk:

Well, if they did play arenas in NA, then they could just rig it all to the roof. I used to work in IATSE and it can be done. Well, depending on the venue.

SMB

Well, if they did play arenas in NA, then they could just rig it all to the roof. I used to work in IATSE and it can be done. Well, depending on the venue.

SMB

Yeah but the fact that Lanois mentions that there will be no pillars automatically suggests that he's talking about a stadium show. I think the US will be getting it as well...

hmmm well they'll need something pretty amazing for the stadiums in that case- it's easily enough done in an arena but difficult to see how they could do something like this at a place the size of Croke Park- they can hardly put great big girders from one side of the stadium roof to the other

still it should ease the gold circle pressure because you'll be close to the stage anyway

I honestly can't imagine how they are going to manage to get "...all the artillery...out of the sight line" in a stadium setting.

All I can think is that they could try hanging everything from wires supported on the stadium structures themselves.

But surely every date would have to have a different version of the solution depending on the structure of the stadium... it'd never work!!

intriguing! :hmm:

it worked for def leppard............not feeling the stadium thing.......much prefer arenas

Are they going to use that spotlight sound system this tour?

That's my guess. If you have a few hubs set around the stadium & use those to direct the sound wherever you want, you probably don't need massive speakers anywhere.

I'm also one to prefer arenas. Being in the round in a stadium kind of makes it like a Super Bowl performance, though, doesn't it? :yuck: It'll be interesting to see what they do for decorations, etc.

if they are playing here in los angeles..........the rose bowl and coliseum wouldn't work. dodger stadium probably wouldnt work either.

Back
Top Bottom