Alan Cross interview with Daniel Lanois / 360 Degree Stage Set-Up / Updated 01-22-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This interview was posted somewhere before???

Everytime I read it I get a deja-vu feeling.

That's why it's weird. I never heard this interview either. But everytime I read it I feel like I saw somewhere the same interview. :ohmy:

I know many people assume the 'dallas' clip from the u2.com vids is White as Snow, but Lanois' comments in pt.3 lead me to believe it's MOS. in the video you see Lanois on the pedal steel and Eno on keys, they're clearly contributing. and, it's the sort of chord progression that could last 7 minutes.. it's sounds like a cyclical progression

I could be wrong of course

Except that MOS was a jam that was recorded in Fez and not messed with later so that would rule out it being something they were working on in HQ.

Dana

Except that MOS was a jam that was recorded in Fez and not messed with later so that would rule out it being something they were working on in HQ.

Dana

true.. but we shouldn't assume that all those videos were strictly behind the scenes, recording footage

it might seem unlikely, but maybe they arranged a mini performance of MOS for us.. edge on ebow/guitar, lanois on pedal steel, eno (and larry) on keys, dude on theremin.

this is one song we know features Eno/Lanois heavily, as they received composition credits. so who knows? I can imagine gospel style vocals over that arrangement.

or it's White as snow. :hmm:

side thought: I hope White As Snow never becomes an an acronym around here. WAS sucks

Dana
Are you sure that's the case? I thought it was more like "One" in the sense that it was roughly composed all at once, but in actuality probably required lots of refinement and rethinking.

Are you sure that's the case? I thought it was more like "One" in the sense that it was roughly composed all at once, but in actuality probably required lots of refinement and rethinking.

All I have to go on is the fact that in all of the interviews where the song is mentioned they say that it was from a jam in Fez and they have deliberately not messed with it. Now I don't necessarily take this to mean they have done nothing but whatever they did seems to me would have been more along the line of simple editing of the jam and not rerecording pieces of it.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom