Adam Clayton: Album in 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
http://www.u2place.com/newsdett.asp?idN=3039

Also, Bono said they will release Mercy.

adamlarrymaio2007.jpg

For non Italian speakers: all the band were in the studio at Hanover Quay, went in at 2 PM and left after midnight. This time Bono and Edge didn't stop for photographs, Larry only stopped for a photo and Adam talked to the fans. They're working on the new album, (a few new songs) and he confirms the album will be out in 2008. (as long as it's not 4 years again)

As for Bono news: he says Mercy will be on the new album, but he doesn't understand how it got out from the studio. :lol: With Bono were Edge, Adam and Larry, and surprisingly Daniel Lanois , and the guitar tech Dallas Schoo.

:hmm:

Last edited:
seems about right.

here's hoping its a spring release, not a fall release, with a US tour in the summer during election season. :drool:

U2girl said:

As for Bono news: he says Mercy will be on the new album, but he doesn't understand how it got out from the studio. :lol: With Bono were Edge, Adam and Larry, and surprisingly Daniel Lanois , and the guitar tech Dallas Schoo.

:hmm:

YES! The only thing that remains now is that every fan who meet them in the recordings times must say: keep Mercy as it is, do not overproduced it. Only masterd it! :)

:drool: oh sweet mama, Mercy! :love:

And technically 2008-2004=four years.... otherwise we could say that in 2002 there was the best of... so that's two years.... same schedule here...
thanks for the info!

OH MY *&(@#^$&*#%$^*#%$^*#%^$!!! They're releasing Mercy??? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:combust:

Phew...

So....

New album in '08, eh? Sounds good to me. :D

Irvine511 said:
seems about right.

here's hoping its a spring release, not a fall release, with a US tour in the summer during election season. :drool:

U2, release an album in a month that isn't October/November? I'll believe that one when it happens.

And let's hope they actually do some work on improving Mercy so that it becomes a worthwhile song. :up:

(My bet is that it will be the lead single's b-side, though. Or maybe a bonus track like Fast Cars.)

Paul McGuinness himself said they'll never release an album any time other than the fall in U2 by U2 ever again. That's fine, I can wait.

Larry is finally starting to look old.

Regarding Mercy already being leaked, I'm sure the version we hear on the album will be vastly different than the leaked version, and it may have different lyrics and a different title. Also, other than us diehards, most people have never even heard of the song mercy, so it's basically like when they released Achtung Baby after the demo sesions were leaked.

Things seem to be right on course. Strange to think I will be married by the time U2 release a new album/go on tour.

Axver said:

U2, release an album in a month that isn't October/November? I'll believe that one when it happens.

i know McGuinness is on record as saying that it should always be a 4th quarter release, but didn't someone else of importance say that the 4th quarter is so stacked with heavyweights, that if you want a #1 album and lots of attention, you might want to consider releasing in another quarter?

i do think Bono would be keen to tour the US during election season and make a big scene about electing the person (nice that one can no longer say "man") who will do the most for Africa/AIDS.

so i'm just saying that there's reason to think we might not have to wait until fall 2008.

Irvine511 said:

i do think Bono would be keen to tour the US during election season and make a big scene about electing the person (nice that one can no longer say "man") who will do the most for Africa/AIDS.

I thought Bono has said he didn't feel it would be right for them to influence an election because they don't live in the US.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Releasing Mercy on the album...unlikely...:sad:

I mean why would they release a song that has already leaked like 4 years earlier? :scratch:

what the hell?

why wouldnt they release it?! its not their fault it leaked. whos to say that was even the final version? everyone on here has this idea that oh since it leaked theyre gonna scrap it. why? that logic is retarded. i cant even begin to express how stupid that is. why should that make any godamned difference on whether or not they want to officially finish a song and put it out? first off, its just a fuckin song. secondly, it hasnt even been heard by anyone but some of the people on here, has never been on the radio, never been on tv, nobody in the general public has a clue about it but theyre just gonna scrap it and forget about it, right? :|

Chizip said:

I thought Bono has said he didn't feel it would be right for them to influence an election because they don't live in the US.

what did they do in 1992?

my guess is that it would be less an endorsement of a specific candidate and more of an imploring of your average American voter to take his concerns with you into the voting booth.

Irvine511 said:

my guess is that it would be less an endorsement of a specific candidate and more of an imploring of your average American voter to take his concerns with you into the voting booth.

I dont think Bono would mind. But I dont think U2 are going to rush out the album or even try to time the release of the album to try to be on the road specifically for the U.S. Election. Its just happened to work out that way in 1992. Nothing they planned specifically though. I just dont think U2 will be on the road again until 2009 at the earliest. Fall 2008 new album fits the timeline to me with a tour to follow starting in Spring 2009.

To the specific topic. Interesting that Lanois was there. Encouraging IMO also. I hope they do alot of work with him. U2's two best albums have had him involved heavily.

t8thgr8 said:

what the hell?

why wouldnt they release it?! its not their fault it leaked. whos to say that was even the final version? everyone on here has this idea that oh since it leaked theyre gonna scrap it. why? that logic is retarded. i cant even begin to express how stupid that is. why should that make any godamned difference on whether or not they want to officially finish a song and put it out? first off, its just a fuckin song. secondly, it hasnt even been heard by anyone but some of the people on here, has never been on the radio, never been on tv, nobody in the general public has a clue about it but theyre just gonna scrap it and forget about it, right? :|

If it had gone wider, eg onto radio, I'd bet they'd scrap it. From what they say, it doesn't seem like they've even been all that aware for that long that it's even 'out there' at all. Just this apparent comment from Bono and one from Edge fairly recently, they sort of have a "what the hell?" element to them.

My bet is that if it's on the album, it sounds dramaticaly different to what we have. Personally I hope so, the version we have, IMO, is ridiculously bloated and overblown.

Irvine511 said:

They danced around the line. They did stuff like lampoon Bush on ZooTV, and hang with Clinton, but were very aware and very wary of getting too close, being used, or being percieved to be in one corner or the other. They didn't want to cop the criticism of being a non-US citizen 'telling' US citizens how to vote.

I agree, I can't imagine them actually straight out backing someone, but I can imagine them pushing the issues they want people to think about as they head in to vote.

I think they'll be more careful now too. In 1992 they would have just been critised. In 2008, if Bono declares his love of a Democrat, he's going to have problems if he has to then go knock on a Republican Presidents door.

Axver said:

Has. War, The Joshua Tree and Pop were all spring releases. I seem to recall Zooropa was a summer release as well.

t8thgr8 said:

what the hell?

Damn right.

Back
Top Bottom