Adam Clayton: Album in 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shart1780 said:
Seriously, U2 albums will always sell. U2 will be able to release albums all their lives if they want to.
if it hadn't been for Beautiful Day ATYCLB hardly would have sold at all after Zooropa and POP

to sell a lot of albums you need luck
the time it takes U2 to finish an album the musical climate has changed about 3 times

Yahweh said:
You guys act like everybody on Earth has actually heard Mercy....the people that have actually heard the track are probably limited to less then 10 thousand...
and thank god for that :up:

The_Edge89 said:
At the recent Edun One-tshirt Event some members got the chance to meet with Ali and apparently she said the album should be out next year.

Does Bono's security guard John say the new album is immanent?

What about the bellhop at the u2-owned Clarence Hotel in Dublin?

I wonder if Chris Tucker has a scoop?

u2fp

^

what_a_dick.jpg

There's a big difference between the frontman's wife and the guy who cuts his neighbor's dog's hair.

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:

Does Bono's security guard John say the new album is immanent?

What about the bellhop at the u2-owned Clarence Hotel in Dublin?

I wonder if Chris Tucker has a scoop?

u2fp

Please...:rolleyes:

I just wanted to share some information, OK? You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. Ali should know at least as much about U2's work as their studio tech's, but since the band themselves aren't always reliable I guess no one can be.

U2place.com members met Sam o Sullivan at the studio and he said the band will reconvene in a week or so, and Larry was sighted.

U2girl said:
U2place.com members met Sam o Sullivan at the studio and he said the band will reconvene in a week or so, and Larry was sighted.

Aha, that will most likely explain the ''..in a coulple of weeks..." I heard the doorman at the studio say :)

U2girl said:

Good, maybe we'll get a little bit of real news next month. Maybe a little something to keep the endless "U2 needs a new sound even though I loved the last two albums" discussions and endless "Edge is on Fire" jokes at bay for a while. Probably not.

Though, I am still dizzy with anticipation as to what's to come.

U2log.com has a linkk to an interview with Corbijn, and he mentions U2 briefly:

Q: What about now? Do you shoot much of your travels on a publicity tour like this?

A: No. I’m not sure what I’m searching for at the moment. I do have a camera with me. At the moment I’m always taking pictures of the kids of my friends. I did some nice pictures of Brian Eno in Morocco recently. We were with U2 for a week in Morocco for a shoot, but I don’t know what ends up being used with that.

:hmm: Could this be a hint to a Spring release for the "Passengers part II" album with Eno/Lanois from Morocco ?

I don't think Corbijn taking pictures points to much
I think the band uses his pics to visualise a certain emotion they want their work to resonate

I think it's more to do with the band's creative process than anything else

Rich79 said:
Maybe a little something to keep the endless "U2 needs a new sound even though I loved the last two albums" discussions and endless "Edge is on Fire" jokes at bay for a while. Probably not.
I was thinking that discussions have been more along the lines of "U2 needs a new sound because they played it safe with their last two albums" vs. "U2 doesn't have to change their sound because the last two albums were great". :wink:

I don't think anyone has said they need it BECAUSE the last two albums were great. However, I am also guilty of perpetuating the discussions as well. I was just saying that I'm hoping for some more "concrete" news next month, so that we have something new to talk about.

I just feel like a lot of people who are saying the band needs a new direction, aren't really prepared for it. They enjoyed the last two "safety" albums, but want something new just for the sake of something different; but I think at heart, these are the same people that will be sad when the new album "doesn't sound like the classic U2 of yore."
If they experiment as much as they did on POP (which probably won't happen ever again), people will be yearning for those "safety" albums once again. At least that's my prediction.

Back
Top Bottom