A Poster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chill Mike D

War Child
I finally got around to taking a shot of it.

So far this is the only bit of promotion at all that I've seen for the album.

3259842678_72e7dca845_b.jpg

Wow, stealth promotion.

Almost like The Dark Knight.

Except without the organization behind it...
:sad:

I was hoping that with the very minimalist album cover, they'd do promotional posters with just the cover and no text for a few weeks, to pique people's curiosity. That poster kind of looks like my mom made it in Microsoft Paint. :(

I was hoping that with the very minimalist album cover, they'd do promotional posters with just the cover and no text for a few weeks, to pique people's curiosity. That poster kind of looks like my mom made it in Microsoft Paint. :(

It actually looks really cool in person. It's minimalistic, but in a good way. 'tis good design.

The local HMV has U2/NLOTH posters on the scanners (that make sure no one steals anything) at the entrance/exit of the store. They look generic though, its not in the art style of the Boots/NLOTH promo material.

Yeah, so far this is the only place I've seen it in New York. It's been up for a few weeks. This was on some scaffolding at the corner of 10th and 23rd.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a bunch of U2 posters downtown in the financial district and on campuses in Toronto. Theres a bunch of sections in the city where studios post posters for music/movies. But I don't frequent that area anymore.

I like the white and grey theme better of the album cover. I wish the poster was that scheme, instead of the black like one of the Boots album art too. Maybe they think black is more striking, but I disagree. Also I like the idea someone said of just having the picture of the sea/sky artwork as a display and nothing else (or if they desperately needed to, just the U||2 or simply a date in the middle or bottom of the picture)

I'm unimpressed by the poster itself. Minimalist or not, I think it's very unappealing.

But it's always a good thing to see U2 back in the spotlight. :)

A friend saw the same poster in town near George Washington University. Sent me a text with the picture. :drool:

This might be a stupid question but who puts these posters up? And if I saw on in my travels in N.Y, how would I get it off the wall! LOLOLO

Back
Top Bottom