A Mate Met Steve Matthews, MD of Principal Yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audience involvement meaning ?

We show up. :wink:

I think it's possible that Australia won't get the tour. Not for "they play there every second tour" but for the weak economy / weak Aussie dollar (the latter prevented Elevation down under).

I am thinking "family commitment" is related to Edge's daugther.

While the last two tours were nice for bringing more older/less known songs, the stadium Vertigo setup hinted the band wants to go big again. I wish it wasn't quite as "Zoo TV" inspired but actually something more fresh.

I think it's possible that Australia won't get the tour. Not for "they play there every second tour" but for the weak economy / weak Aussie dollar (the latter prevented Elevation down under).

The Aussie economy is more stable and faring better than most in the Northern Hemisphere, and the Aussie dollar is considerably stronger than it was in 2001-02 (though not as strong as it was in mid-2008, when it nearly reached parity with the US$).

The rest of the N. Hemisphere economy isn't so hot though.

They could skip the Northern Hemisphere.
waka.gif

Only Thursday, Friday, and Saturday shows???

I call bullshit on that.

This would be a nightmare!!!

All the Saturday shows are going to be sub-par due to a tired band.

If they are playing stadiums that means new city each night, so even if they have two stages moving the crew and band will be difficult, and then you have a paid road crew sit on their ass for 3 or 4 days?

I don't buy it.

They could skip the Northern Hemisphere.
waka.gif

I'm all about the 2009 NO NORTHERN HEMISPHERE ON THE HORIZON TOUR.

30 gigs in Australia. 5 in New Zealand. 15 in South America. 5 in South Africa.

Oh yeah, and 40 on Pitcairn Island. Come on people, it has a location called The Edge!

I'm thinking we shouldn't get too worked up just yet. Let's wait for the official tour announcement with dates (which I'm thinking should pop up shortly after the album is released). And then, if we see that the American dates are indeed only on Thurs, Fri, Sat, we can assume that the rest of what was said is true, including no Oz dates.
Which would F#@KING SUCK!
Vertigo in Australia sold more tickets than the Zoomerang and Popmart legs COMBINED. That said, I did have a feeling that we wouldn't see another full-blown stadium tour of Australia just 3 years after the last one.

"Let Me In The Sound Tour" would really be a good name for the tour...as somebody else already mentioned earlier

Only if Principal and / or Steve Matthews read this!!!

It's pretty clear that there are internet spotters monitoring the sites for them and by them I mean Universal. Your post has already been repeated on at least one other forum in another country. Won't be long before this story is posted on multiple fan forums in different countries.

"Let Me In The Sound Tour" strikes me as possibly being too long a name. I mean, look at the tour names since U2 stopped just calling them "[Latest Album] Tour": Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo.

I would be VERY surprised if they'll only play Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays...you know, this is their job and they have fans all over the world waiting for them to play, because that's the main reason we actually buy all their albums and so on. Furthermore They've said 2009 is gonna be U2's year...so why would they do like this then?:hmm:

15 in South America.

:cute:

Seriously, if they're not going to Australia cause they think it's not worth it then they probably won't go to South America either. Way to go U2, you... well, let's wait until there's official confirmation. Last time, South America wasn't confirmed until three months before the gigs.

The tour name will probably be something with FIRE, because that seems to occur a lot on the new album.

The WE'RE ON FIRE tour

or something.

They could have great pyrotechnics. Bono could jump through rings of fire. That will be a HOT show.

Seriously, if they'd only play Thu-Sat every week, the tour will last 10 years.

The "So Why Should I Just Let A Complete Stranger Into My Home, Would You?" tour.
Wow, imagine that on the t-shirts.
I can see that once the lyrics for NLOTH leak, there will be people scanning them for any and all possibilities for tour names.

springsteen did a similar tourning schedule for stadiums in the US, i.e. mostly just weekend dates... every date was thursday thru monday...

2/28 Hartford, CT HCC Arena Set List
3/2 Montreal, QC Bell Centre Set List
3/3 Hamilton, ONT Copps Coliseum Set List
3/6 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena Set List
3/7 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena Set List
3/10 Hempstead, NY Nassau Coliseum Set List
3/14 Omaha, NE Quest Center Set List
3/16 St. Paul, MN Xcel Center Set List
3/17 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center Set List
3/20 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse Set List
3/22 Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena Set List
3/24 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center Set List
3/28 Portland, OR The Rose Garden Set List
3/29 Seattle, WA Key Arena Set List
3/31 Vancouver, BC GM Place Set List
4/4 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena Set List
4/5 San Jose, CA HPPavillion at San Jose Set List
4/7 Anaheim, CA Honda Center Set List
4/8 Anaheim, CA Honda Center Set List
4/13 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center Set List
4/14 Houston, TX Toyota Center Set List
4/22 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum Set List
4/23 Orlando, FL Amway Arena Set List
4/25 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena Set List
4/27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcat Arena Set List
4/28 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum Set List
4/30 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena Set List
5/2 Ft Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center Set List
5/7 Red Bank, NJ Count Basie Theatre Set List

perhaps u2 is taking a page from bruce with this "weekend only" idea. so it's not as crazy as some may think it sounds... it's been done before. with all the health issues that various members of the e-street had, and bruce's voice, the kids, etc.

after the cancelations of the vertigo tour, moving of shows, etc. that stretched the tour out for so long... the stress on the families because of illness, etc.

they just don't want to get stuck in that situation again, and it's pretty easy to see why and would be pretty selfish of us to complain about it if this does, in fact, end up being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom