A Mate Met Steve Matthews, MD of Principal Yesterday - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 10:02 AM
Another 'zoo' type tour would have me

Please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne please play melbourne

please

BsB

Old 02-04-2009, 05:29 AM   #32
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcaster View Post
I second that, they cant miss us out again! why should the usa and europe get it every time and we miss out?!?!?!
I had the feeling we would miss out this time round. Its our turn again. They toured here with the last album and now its their turn to miss us with this new album

Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 AM   #33
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Napolean Tour

And then they imitate Coldplay with those stupid clothes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 AM   #34
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretFly View Post
I had the feeling we would miss out this time round. Its our turn again. They toured here with the last album and now its their turn to miss us with this new album
tits
Old 02-04-2009, 05:34 AM   #35
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
The Cockatoo Tour?
LOL

You can hardly call it the Cockatoo tour if you aren't going to come to Australia now can you?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:36 AM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry's drumstick View Post
LOL

You can hardly call it the Cockatoo tour if you aren't going to come to Australia now can you?
Gembrook tour ? Emerald tour ? FTG tour ?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There's no doubt the Australian audience is there to support touring a huge show - I believe Sydney had the 2nd highest Vertigo attendance of any city behind Dublin - but it's not about that. Mr Financial Meltdown looks at it all a little differently.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #38
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
The Cockatoo Tour?
The Cockatour.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:50 AM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 06:02 PM
ZooTV only made money when you looked at the final overall figures including merchandise. Merchandise sales are surely going to be down given the economy so that will surely affect where they play.

The other factor to consider is Sian's health. She may be fine now but you are looking at I think five years of remission before you can be comfortable and with a huge production like what this sounds like you can't really take a chance on having to cancel. Touring US and Europe is one thing but the travel times to get back from Asia/Australia are insane.

Dana
Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #40
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
I'd rather they toured everywhere and concentrated on the music than having another extravagant massive show with gazillions of effects. I want setlist variation and great Bono vocals. Please no more stupid costumes or visual overload.
Here's something rare: You and I in complete agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
There's no doubt the Australian audience is there to support touring a huge show - I believe Sydney had the 2nd highest Vertigo attendance of any city behind Dublin - but it's not about that. Mr Financial Meltdown looks at it all a little differently.
Yep, only two cities managed attendance above 200,000 - Dublin (just over 246,000) and Sydney (I forget the precise figure, perhaps around 205,000-210,000?). And I get the impression that Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Auckland all could have supported one more show than they got. Auckland definitely, though if transport costs are tolerable, a third gig would have been more sensibly located in Wellington or Christchurch.

I have trouble seeing how an Australian tour wouldn't be profitable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems U2's Australian tour dates traditionally are not planned at the start of the tour anyway. i.e. a similar contact in February 1992 or February 2005 would have said there are no Australian dates planned.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-04-2009, 05:53 AM   #41
Refugee

I wouldn't rule out a australian/asian leg just yet. Im pretty sure they will do that if the boys are in good health / the show is selling out like mad and making huge profits / their family's are in good health.

Then i won't be surprised if they would still go down there.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvox View Post
Steve is ex-Universal. I can't really say any more but it would be a fair assumption that my mate may work in Universal and / or have taken over Stev Matthews old job....
your mate is about to get the sack!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Australia will get the fourth or fifth leg. Just so we can get the tired, bored U2, ala Zoo TV.....
Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #44
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems U2's Australian tour dates traditionally are not planned at the start of the tour anyway. i.e. a similar contact in February 1992 or February 2005 would have said there are no Australian dates planned.
QFT, they will invariable see how it goes and add more dates legs accordingly. Announced first are normally 2 legs, EU and US. As for the audience interacting with the screens, Massive Attack did exactly the same thing about 5/6 years ago and it was fabulous, I had loads of messages on their screen at the Manchester show...
Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihannsu View Post
ZooTV only made money when you looked at the final overall figures including merchandise. Merchandise sales are surely going to be down given the economy so that will surely affect where they play.
Yeah, a tour like that in times of economic crisis

But of course I hope for the Australian fans that they will return there, after all the Australian/NZ Vertigo leg was amazing.

Closed Thread

Tags
u2 facts