4th Single from NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New t-shirt a hint at the next single?

U2T47696.jpg

New t-shirt a hint at the next single?

U2T47696.jpg

So much for my white as snow theory then. It's gonna be stand up comedy isn't it? They're gonna bring it in to the american leg of the tour I bet. Probably not been playing it so far as they're saving it for this?

They're idiots if they release a 4th single from the album. There is nothing left on the album that has any chance of being anywhere remotely close to a radio hit. Anything they choose will bomb like Nagasaki.

EDIT: Wow, didn't realize I was bumping a thread that hadn't been posted in for 9 days. Saw it was on the first page and thought it was being actively discussed. WTAHAN is dead right now, huh? Haven't been here in a while.

I'm not sure if these have in fact all been released yet I think 3 at least have:

Magnificent
Get On Your Boots
Breathe
Crazy Tonight

Those are definitely single material.

Moment of Surrender and Unknown Caller, while brilliant songs, aren't radio length or friendly. And cutting them up to force them inside 4 minutes would be criminal.

Stand Up Comedy..while I don't particularly like it (or GOYB for that matter) does have a 'single' sound that could prompt them to think they might want to release it, but I think it would flop. Sticking with the above listed 4 would be the safest move.

I still say it: Moment of Surrender. The best song on the album, and the only chance to actually SURPRISE anyone.

It would be like when All I Want is You was released as the final, fourth single...

I'm not sure if these have in fact all been released yet I think 3 at least have:

Magnificent
Get On Your Boots
Breathe
Crazy Tonight

Those are definitely single material.

Moment of Surrender and Unknown Caller, while brilliant songs, aren't radio length or friendly. And cutting them up to force them inside 4 minutes would be criminal.

Stand Up Comedy..while I don't particularly like it (or GOYB for that matter) does have a 'single' sound that could prompt them to think they might want to release it, but I think it would flop. Sticking with the above listed 4 would be the safest move.

Magnificent
Get On Your Boots
Crazy Tonight

are the 3 official releases so far. Breathe seemed like the next sure bet, especially with them opening with it every show, at least til recently... but SUC has a chance I think if they start playing it live however we have seen no sign of that yet. And since 4 singles were planned since day 1 I don't know why they wouldn't still have one more to go, but who knows I guess. I just want that 4th vinyl single for my special NLOTH vinyl box. :love:

Considering how badly Magnificent and Get On Your Boots bombed, I can't imagine what you are imagining Moment of Surrender could do to hurt them!?!?!

:doh:

My post wasn't sarcastic. I love MOS... it is one of my favorite U2 songs, and is certainly my favorite of the decade. I'd love them to just say "fuck you" to the establishment and release MOS as the final single.

Interesting it was 20 years ago this week that U2 topped the charts in Australia (well #2 anyway) with 'All I Want is You' which weighs in at 6:30.

MOS isn't that much longer....

My post wasn't sarcastic. I love MOS... it is one of my favorite U2 songs, and is certainly my favorite of the decade. I'd love them to just say "fuck you" to the establishment and release MOS as the final single.

Ah! I read you literally! ;)

But I still say it's the only way this album will get noticed!

GOYB and Magnificent were terrible single choices! IGC is a great song, but not enough to catch attention this late... MOS is the ONLY way they can actually promoted the new album with the 4th single. Breathe is a masterpiece, but I promise that the public won't even notice it.... :(

Ah! I read you literally! ;)

But I still say it's the only way this album will get noticed!

GOYB and Magnificent were terrible single choices! IGC is a great song, but not enough to catch attention this late... MOS is the ONLY way they can actually promoted the new album with the 4th single. Breathe is a masterpiece, but I promise that the public won't even notice it.... :(

Yeah. As good as a song as Breathe is, I'm not sure the public will react well to yet another U2 mid-tempo rocker.

If Magnificent doesn't resonate with the mainstream, nothing will. So,yeah, no point in releasing any more singles from No Line On The Horizon.

Time to release Every Breaking Wave as the first single from Songs Of Ascent.

release MOS...no cuts

Should have been the first single as Bono said...I bet it would still being played on radios today

MOS would be a daring choice. I think it has about 5% of being a succes, maybe even less. But if it is a hit it has a big chance of becoming U2's next classic (for casual fans) like WOWY and One.

Back
Top Bottom