4th Single from NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They mucked up the whole release schedule by starting with Boots instead of Moment!

But all the same, Moment of Surrender is the track on the album which will be most remembered 10 years from now. That means to me that it should be the single.

....even though Breathe is a better song than Magnificent, Boots, OR Crazy Tonight!

They released If God Will Send His Angels after they stopped playing it on the Popmart Tour...

Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was released as a single and other than a couple of acoustic versions after the release it was not played for the rest of the tour and had been dropped for the most part prior to those few acoustic performances.

So it IS possible, but I think unlikely.

Its funny people are saying Moment Of Surrender, I hear it a lot on the piped in radio music at work. I hear that and Crazy Tonight all the time on it.

My guess is No Line On The Horizon. I think its the best song on the album and the best new song live. I have played it for people I know that are not into U2 and its the track on the album that most of them seem to like the most as well.

i would be fine with either MOS or NLOTH being the 4th single. part of me wonders if they band will just go ahead and release EBW instead.

D'you believe that? I think it's pretty much the opposite. The public won't remember MOS as many people still remember "Kite", for instance.

I totally believe that. Is there any other song on the album that gets radio play already without having been a single? I've heard the damned thing on hold music!

And NO ONE outside of this board remembers Kite.

I totally believe that. Is there any other song on the album that gets radio play already without having been a single? I've heard the damned thing on hold music!

And NO ONE outside of this board remembers Kite.
Believe me, it does.
And MOS may receive airplay maybe in NA, but I travel a lot through Europe and I haven't heard MOS one sole time in Lisbon, Berlin or London.

We're trying to force MOS to become some sort of "Bad" for this album... but we won't succeed because this song, even though it's a great song, it's not as experimental as "Your Blue Room", not as epic as "Bad" and not as simple but touching as "Sometimes" is.

I haven't heard MOS a single time. :shrug:

It's not going to be a big song. It's not going to be a single. I really do not understand why so many people want this song to be a single. It has zero single potential.

It'll be Breathe. Only other song I'd see happen is NLOTH. I would've loved U2 to release Fez-BB or SUC as a single, but since they're not being played on tour I doubt it.

Unless U2 kick off the American tour with one of the songs in the list. Could be a surprise sort of thing.

We're trying to force MOS to become some sort of "Bad" for this album... but we won't succeed because this song, even though it's a great song, it's not as experimental as "Your Blue Room", not as epic as "Bad" and not as simple but touching as "Sometimes" is.

I'm not forcing Moment of Silence to be anything! It's my favorite song! :)

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I'll take it over Bad, YBR, or Sometimes any day! I'm sure many of you will disagree, but then again many of you think Magnificent was the best song on the album, and I always thought it was one of the least interesting tracks...... (And it was like the band's biggest ever flop as a single, wasn't it?)

I'm betting NLOTH and MOS are the 2 tracks which actually get played the tour AFTER 360! I mean, they are the 2 best songs on it....

I'm not forcing Moment of Silence to be anything! It's my favorite song! :)

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I'll take it over Bad, YBR, or Sometimes any day! I'm sure many of you will disagree, but then again many of you think Magnificent was the best song on the album, and I always thought it was one of the least interesting tracks...... (And it was like the band's biggest ever flop as a single, wasn't it?)

I'd take MOS over YBR and Sometimes easily... I'm not sure if I like it as much as Bad yet, but it's close.

It's got to be Breathe next...it's the best example of a pop song left. Bono loves it, they play it every night.

My chances for the next single:

Breathe - 60%
Moment Of Surrender -20%
No Line On The Horizon - 10%
Unknown Caller - 5%
White As Snow - 5% (inclusion on a film soundtrack soon)
Stand Up Comedy, Fez/Being Born, Cedars Of Lebanon - 0%

Probably about 50% chance that they forgo having a 4th single, concentrate on hyping "Crazy Tonight" and recording the new album, and release the first single from Songs of Ascent early next year.

It's got to be Breathe next...it's the best example of a pop song left. Bono loves it, they play it every night.

My chances for the next single:

Breathe - 60%
Moment Of Surrender -20%
No Line On The Horizon - 10%
Unknown Caller - 5%
White As Snow - 5% (inclusion on a film soundtrack soon)
Stand Up Comedy, Fez/Being Born, Cedars Of Lebanon - 0%

Probably about 50% chance that they forgo having a 4th single, concentrate on hyping "Crazy Tonight" and recording the new album, and release the first single from Songs of Ascent early next year.

I agree with this, although I'd probably put MOS and NLOTH each at 15.

I now think f*ck it...they should release MOS as the 4th and final single - full length version too

I'm sure it will go better than people think, on airplay etc.

I think the next single is going to be Breathe but I hope it's NLOTH. I think that NLOTH has the most chance of being a hit.

I think the next single is going to be Breathe but I hope it's NLOTH. I think that NLOTH has the most chance of being a hit.

Most chance? Compared to Breathe? I don't get that. How does NLOTH have more hit potential than the poppy Breathe that people on here despise because it's too happy clappy and mainstream?

I think it will be a radio edit of MOS. It would be great if RIM did a fillow up advert with cuts of MOS being performed live.

NLOTH is more poppy than Breathe (especially the chorus).

To me, this is the complete opposite. No Line.. breaks the most simple convention in the structure of a typical single. The verse is soaring and the chorus is tight. Singles tend to be the other way around. This isn't to say that No Line... can't be a single.

I've just had a thought... by the time the 4th single is out, it may be around December time. As as it's gonna be on a film soundtrack, 'White as snow' with 'Winter' as it's b-side could well be the 4th single.

I know that white as snow hasn't even been played on tour, but so what? How often was if god will send his angels played on the popmart tour? Not much, and yet it still ended up being a single.

How about a 1 December 2009 release including:

1. I Believe in Father Christmas
2. Disappearing Act
3. Unknown Caller (Live)
4. Moment of Surrender (Live)

:drool:

Including a hidden demo version of "Stop (The Poverty)" with Desmond Tutu on back up vocals singin' in falsetto "Why do they lie?".

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom