13 (There Is A Light)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This song has grown on me a lot. At this moment it's my favourite song on the album. Especially hearing it through my headphone it sounds incredibly good.

This song has helped me a great deal in the passing of my mother in mid-Dec. I cannot hear it without crying. Thanks boys for coming along at just the right time with this song to help me through this terrible time. Little Things gets me every time too.

BTW, per liner notes, it's "done."

13 (There is a Light) is pretty terrific and works well as a closer. I understand those who wanted Love is Bigger to be the finale, but this song has to close if the band wanted it on the album.

I choose to ignore Bono saying the lyric is really "dumb" and not "done" as listed in the liner notes. "Done" works better in my opinion in the song alone and in context with the album. Love is Bigger says "when you think you're done, you've just begun." Why would Bono work against that theme? I thought these two songs were in lockstep based on this lyrical connection.

However, it was funny to hear Edge say he thought the lyric was "dark." Dark and dumb also work, but I feel "done" is the best choice.

I like SFS as well - it's not my favourite, but a bit of cheese and vulnerability never hurt anyone.

This song is a perfect expansion. And just like the other callbacks, it makes SFS a better song knowing the circle was completed.

I agree. SFS seems to be one of those songs that you have to live in order to understand, in some ways. I connected with it this past year having had an experience where I discovered what a relationship is all about and what that kind of love looks like. Many of those feelings are expressed very well in SFS, and it really characterizes the whole theme of Innocence and navigating the World.

Back
Top Bottom