What's their kind of movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus Annie

Refugee
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxar
As I have too much time on my hand, i have compiled a list of films that have been referred to from interviews I can remember by the band.

I know they like Wenders, Scorsese and Crime Thrillers. I've gathered they also enjoy Sci fi and the odd horror flick. I've also noticed some influences from some of their video's. For example:

All I want Is You (bears a strong similarity to a 1930's horror film called Freaks. Still highly controversial and shocking. I've got it on DVD and in the commentary a man from Warner Bros said how the studio edited some scenes that were deemed too degrading)

Electrical Storm (with Samantha Morton as a mermaid there is a resemblance Minority Report, which she stared in at that time. I love that film)

Bono and Gavin Friday also did a version of Children Of The Revolution on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack (another favourite of mine).

Also, when U2 allow their songs to be played on trailers and in film & TV shows, could it be a possibility that they like it? Last year they played All I Want Is You during the ending of a tram crash in the British soap opera Coronation Street. There are currently running a trailer for period drama series Downtown Abbey with a choir singing WOWY. I hate period drama's

Cactus Annie said:
As I have too much time on my hand

I assume the other one is gripping something potentially dangerous?

U2 seems to like pretentious character studies, generally bad ones. I wouldn't trust their taste in movies.

Back
Top Bottom