What song does Bono pull girls up on stage for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oneu2fan

The Fly
I will see U2 twice in Toronto in September. I am curious what song is Bono pulling girls up on stage on the new tour?

None. He really hasn't brought anyone up. He brought up Melissa in Barcelona during Party Girl and a girl in Dublin who had a Chile flag at the end of Mysterious Ways. During With Or Without You he sings into that mic.

Its totally random, IF he does it, it can be any song ... From the Fly to WOWY:sexywink:

I think Mysterious Ways is your best chance.

If your close and have a sign saying something like you wanna dance with Bono,
Chances are pretty good he will pull you up onstage!

I asked this in another thread then forgot to look for the answer - and I'm not at all interested in dancing with Bono - just curious. Does he pull up girls with signs? Seems to me he'd pick someone less 'obvious'. But I'm totally guessing here, as I've never really paid attention to who he brings up with him.

He usually never picks people with signs. He just randomly picks someone if he picks anyone at all. I had a sign saying that it was my birthday for Dublin 2 and I put it up a couple of times, but I don't know if he saw it and people kept saying that he was looking over a Edge's side during WOWY and UV. They were wondering if Ali was over there and I was on the rail and didn't see her, but I was over there. In some of my pics it looks like he is looking right at me. :hmm:

He usually never picks people with signs. He just randomly picks someone if he picks anyone at all. I had a sign saying that it was my birthday for Dublin 2 and I put it up a couple of times, but I don't know if he saw it and people kept saying that he was looking over a Edge's side during WOWY and UV. They were wondering if Ali was over there and I was on the rail and didn't see her, but I was over there. In some of my pics it looks like he is looking right at me. :hmm:

Awww, be lovely if he did, on your BB aswell, maybe you could of took the camera up whilst he was with you and filmed being up on stage with bono, now that would be cool right :wink:

The people with signs I've seen him pull up were "safe", like repeat girls that didn't get all freaky or didn't just stand there embarrased. But then I've seen him reach a few rows in a grab someone totally random....

A sign *might* get you pulled up, but it also might hurt your chances. I saw a girl run around the ellipse in Buffalo, following Bono to each side, desperately holding her sign as high as she could to get his attention. He ignored her and I can't imagine she actually enjoyed the show. He seems to like pulling up girls who are just minding their business, having a good time, anyway :)

The people with signs I've seen him pull up were "safe", like repeat girls that didn't get all freaky or didn't just stand there embarrased. But then I've seen him reach a few rows in a grab someone totally random....

Yeah, he seems to have a good memory for some girls! What a lucky guy! :lol:

A sign *might* get you pulled up, but it also might hurt your chances. I saw a girl run around the ellipse in Buffalo, following Bono to each side, desperately holding her sign as high as she could to get his attention. He ignored her and I can't imagine she actually enjoyed the show. He seems to like pulling up girls who are just minding their business, having a good time, anyway :)

I seem to recall him saying in an interview once that he pics one of two kinds: either the sort of cheeky looking girl who's flirting with him with her eyes w/o being obnoxious or blatant or the shy type who never sees it coming. I thought that was cute.

Laura, was anyone behind/near you upset for you having a sign? Like did it block their vision at all. I'd imagine you'd want to hold it up when he's right there but that's when ppl want to really see him and take pics and stuff.

I'm sure it was an amazing b'day present, the show was, even w/o the Bonodance.

I was on the rail, so I held it there. I didn't put it up high in the air. He could look down at it. From what I remember on Friday night he didn't spend a lot of time on that side, but on Saturday he did. On Monday during Streets he was kind of waving his fingers at someone and he was looking directly at me. Maybe he remembers me and my sign. All of us standing there were trying to figue out who he was gesturing too.

I was on the rail, so I held it there. I didn't put it up high in the air. He could look down at it. From what I remember on Friday night he didn't spend a lot of time on that side, but on Saturday he did. On Monday during Streets he was kind of waving his fingers at someone and he was looking directly at me. Maybe he remembers me and my sign. All of us standing there were trying to figue out who he was gesturing too.

I'm sure he would have given you a big birthday squeeze if he hadn't been at work! :lol:

That would have been awesome. If I ever get to meet him again, I'll thank him for the shows and tell him it was my birthday and it was the best gift

Do you think that there are girls who go home and cry because that's what they want, like, most in the whole wide world?

That is true! I'm one of those girls (though I don't cry) I do fantasize dancing with Bono on stage as he sings to me and I hold him hoping it will never end and when it does I blow Edge a kiss (cause they are both my faves) and have a memory to last a lifetime ect ect ect.....
But if it never happens I have comfort in knowing that I already kissed/hugged Bono held his hands a few times (if even for a mila-second) as well as Edge Adam and even Larry!!
But good luck to any girl who gets pulled up this tour, don't give up because signs do work sometimes or you might get to meet him/them off the stage ;)

I'm still holding out for a Dance Off between Bono and I...

IT'S GUNNA HAPPEN GUYS, U'LL C!

Yeah, he seems to have a good memory for some girls! What a lucky guy! :lol:

I seem to recall him saying in an interview once that he pics one of two kinds: either the sort of cheeky looking girl who's flirting with him with her eyes w/o being obnoxious or blatant or the shy type who never sees it coming. I thought that was cute.
That sounds about right. I think he makes good choices, for the most part.

I remember him pulling up a drunk girl during a Vertigo show *he threw her back quickly*
Oh gawd, there's a clip of that on youtube. The girl kept man-handling him and whispering in his ear, and he kept saying, "No.. no" and trying to hold her hands and make her dance, but then she'd wrap her arms around him and her hands would wander down again :doh: Towards the end of the clip, you see her get yanked away by security, but Bono then tells them to be gentle. Oh, she was a hot mess. Apparently she had had a few..

I'm still holding out for a Dance Off between Bono and I...

IT'S GUNNA HAPPEN GUYS, U'LL C!
Do it :lol:

Oh gawd, there's a clip of that on youtube. The girl kept man-handling him and whispering in his ear, and he kept saying, "No.. no" and trying to hold her hands and make her dance, but then she'd wrap her arms around him and her hands would wander down again :doh: Towards the end of the clip, you see her get yanked away by security, but Bono then tells them to be gentle. Oh, she was a hot mess. Apparently she had had a few..

I saw that...I felt really awkward for her just watching it :lol:

If that clip is from a California show, than I was at that show too, but then it could happen anywhere :lol:

Back
Top Bottom