Old 03-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:58 PM
yeah

Old 03-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:58 PM
New Larry? I think he's the same Larry. Maybe a bit more open than usual in interviews [like the bits he told about his family in Q] but I saw him many times in public this charming, witty and genuinely nice. And in interviews he often jokes and smiles. So I don't think it's such a radical change. And I'm sure those who followed him more closely through the years and paid more attention to him can agree with me. People often misunderstand his shyness and his huge need for privacy and they tag him as the "always moody and grumpy one". If he feels in his element, then he will be more open, like any other person, really. And New York to him is "home away from home" as he put it.

Btw, he gave an interview to Larry Gogan back in 2004 too, quite a lengthy interview if I remember well. So no. I don't think he became "suddenly" chatty.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MullenGirl View Post
New Larry? I think he's the same Larry. Maybe a bit more open than usual in interviews [like the bits he told about his family in Q] but I saw him many times in public this charming, witty and genuinely nice. And in interviews he often jokes and smiles. So I don't think it's such a radical change. And I'm sure those who followed him more closely through the years and paid more attention to him can agree with me. People often misunderstand his shyness and his huge need for privacy and they tag him as the "always moody and grumpy one". If he feels in his element, then he will be more open, like any other person, really. And New York to him is "home away from home" as he put it.

Btw, he gave an interview to Larry Gogan back in 2004 too, quite a lengthy interview if I remember well. So no. I don't think he became "suddenly" chatty.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:

u've the point
Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #65
War Child

Local Time: 06:58 AM
harley The link you posted to the podcast doesn't work i get this. Can u rip it pm me the download please?
HTTP 404 Not Found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try one of the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Choose a link from the global navigation at the top or bottom of the page
Click here to try another link
Old 03-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Try here RTÉ - The Two Larrys Podcast
Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:58 PM
Larry rules! The only diference now is that he seems to be more socially confortable this time around. Maybe it's the aging. Anyway, last tour it was Adam going all over the stage and cracking more smiles and now maybe it's time for our Lardence to be more open. Awesome.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelives View Post
Thanks!

Larry said that if Bono does something wrong, he'll be the first to whack him with a stick!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
Thanks!

Larry said that if Bono does something wrong, he'll be the first to whack him with a stick!
That should be the next U2.com video, plz.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelives View Post
That should be the next U2.com video, plz.
I hope Adam reads this
Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #71
The Fly

Local Time: 06:28 AM

Quote:
New Larry? I think he's the same Larry. ... And I'm sure those who followed him more closely through the years and paid more attention to him can agree with me.

right on mg, twas nought but a joke, to see what peeps thought he could do next - a la judge american idol, sing the anthem at the superbowl, launch his own line of men's fragrance ... i too have had the pleasure of meeting larry and he is extremely charming! i think he (wisely) made the distinction b/w his personal and professional life and has kept the two separate. not that that stops us...
Old 03-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:58 PM
Quote:

^To paraphrase What MG said so eloquently... it's not really a "new" side to Larry to anyone who has paid much attention to him over the years! Perhaps it has shown more in the media spotlight this time 'round...

Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 AM   #73
The Fly

New Larry seems to have colored his hair a darker shade, maybe for his new persona.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:07 AM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarry View Post
right on mg, twas nought but a joke, to see what peeps thought he could do next - a la judge american idol, sing the anthem at the superbowl, launch his own line of men's fragrance ... i too have had the pleasure of meeting larry and he is extremely charming! i think he (wisely) made the distinction b/w his personal and professional life and has kept the two separate. not that that stops us...
Yeah it's all in good fun, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, was just ramblin on the fact that many people say he changed so much recently when in fact he isn't changed really that much, it's just not many people noticed his 'fun' side until now.

Launch his own line of men's fragrance? Now there's a brilliant idea
Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #75
Refugee

Local Time: 09:58 PM
Quote:
just ramblin on the fact that many people say he changed so much recently when in fact he isn't changed really that much, it's just not many people noticed his 'fun' side until now.
true. but to me this fun side of his is now more "out there", more visible. and it's not a bad thing. in fact, I think it's charming.

I have also noticed that Adam's been the quiet one lately.

men's fragrance? interesting didn't Larry mention somewhere that he may be setting up a charity?

Tags
larry, larry mullen, larry mullen jr