What Larry Did Next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Larry? I think he's the same Larry. :) Maybe a bit more open than usual in interviews [like the bits he told about his family in Q] but I saw him many times in public this charming, witty and genuinely nice. And in interviews he often jokes and smiles. So I don't think it's such a radical change. And I'm sure those who followed him more closely through the years and paid more attention to him can agree with me. :wink: People often misunderstand his shyness and his huge need for privacy and they tag him as the "always moody and grumpy one". If he feels in his element, then he will be more open, like any other person, really. And New York to him is "home away from home" as he put it. :wink:

Btw, he gave an interview to Larry Gogan back in 2004 too, quite a lengthy interview if I remember well. So no. I don't think he became "suddenly" chatty.

New Larry? I think he's the same Larry. :) Maybe a bit more open than usual in interviews [like the bits he told about his family in Q] but I saw him many times in public this charming, witty and genuinely nice. And in interviews he often jokes and smiles. So I don't think it's such a radical change. And I'm sure those who followed him more closely through the years and paid more attention to him can agree with me. :wink: People often misunderstand his shyness and his huge need for privacy and they tag him as the "always moody and grumpy one". If he feels in his element, then he will be more open, like any other person, really. And New York to him is "home away from home" as he put it. :wink:

Btw, he gave an interview to Larry Gogan back in 2004 too, quite a lengthy interview if I remember well. So no. I don't think he became "suddenly" chatty.

:up::up:

u've the point :D:D

harley The link you posted to the podcast doesn't work i get this. Can u rip it pm me the download please?
HTTP 404 Not Found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try one of the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Choose a link from the global navigation at the top or bottom of the page
Click here to try another link

Larry rules! The only diference now is that he seems to be more socially confortable this time around. Maybe it's the aging. Anyway, last tour it was Adam going all over the stage and cracking more smiles and now maybe it's time for our Lardence to be more open. Awesome.

New Larry? I think he's the same Larry. :) ... And I'm sure those who followed him more closely through the years and paid more attention to him can agree with me. :wink:

right on mg, twas nought but a joke, to see what peeps thought he could do next - a la judge american idol, sing the anthem at the superbowl, launch his own line of men's fragrance:lol: ... i too have had the pleasure of meeting larry and he is extremely charming! i think he (wisely) made the distinction b/w his personal and professional life and has kept the two separate. not that that stops us...:wink:

:applaud::bow:

^To paraphrase What MG said so eloquently... it's not really a "new" side to Larry to anyone who has paid much attention to him over the years! Perhaps it has shown more in the media spotlight this time 'round...

:heart:

right on mg, twas nought but a joke, to see what peeps thought he could do next - a la judge american idol, sing the anthem at the superbowl, launch his own line of men's fragrance:lol: ... i too have had the pleasure of meeting larry and he is extremely charming! i think he (wisely) made the distinction b/w his personal and professional life and has kept the two separate. not that that stops us...:wink:

Yeah it's all in good fun, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, was just ramblin on the fact that many people say he changed so much recently when in fact he isn't changed really that much, it's just not many people noticed his 'fun' side until now. :wink:

Launch his own line of men's fragrance? Now there's a brilliant idea :drool: :shifty:

just ramblin on the fact that many people say he changed so much recently when in fact he isn't changed really that much, it's just not many people noticed his 'fun' side until now. :wink:

true. but to me this fun side of his is now more "out there", more visible. and it's not a bad thing. in fact, I think it's charming.

I have also noticed that Adam's been the quiet one lately.

men's fragrance? interesting :hmm: didn't Larry mention somewhere that he may be setting up a charity? ;)

true. but to me this fun side of his is now more "out there", more visible. and it's not a bad thing. in fact, I think it's charming.

I have also noticed that Adam's been the quiet one lately.

men's fragrance? interesting :hmm: didn't Larry mention somewhere that he may be setting up a charity? ;)

:lol:

Yes, and he said it would happen right after he started smiling! :D

:lol::lol:

to be fair, he did start smiling. or was it smiling when playing... :hmm: no, he's not doing that yet.

wait. does this (incredible screencap from enajh) count?? :cute:
GMA_08.jpg

oh and the fragrance? eau de lars.

Did anyone happen to watch Letterman last night? There was a little clip of U2 hanging out in the Green room and when Letterman told them they did not have time for the band to perform, Larry got mad and threw his sticks on the floor. I died laughing :lol:

Someone needs to put this on youtube immediately. :lol:

I wish I knew how to upload from tivo, since I do not know how to do it, I did not even bother recording it. It looks like full episodes of the shows are online on David Letterman (CBS) website. The show from last night is not up yet, I will keep checking it and will post it on here when it is up. It is honestly like 30 seconds, but Larry's tantrum was worth it.

I wish I knew how to upload from tivo, since I do not know how to do it, I did not even bother recording it. It looks like full episodes of the shows are online on David Letterman (CBS) website. The show from last night is not up yet, I will keep checking it and will post it on here when it is up. It is honestly like 30 seconds, but Larry's tantrum was worth it.

I missed it.

Back
Top Bottom