Wanted ! Who has news about the claws ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bergeon

Babyface
A few months ago, the claws were on sale. What's new about the future of those extraordinary structures ? Where are they ? Do you have recent pictures ?

I think some kind of wrestling event tried to rent them to use in Brazil, but they couldn't get them shipped there. So they must be available to rent.

You can look here : U2 360 Tour Stage - The Claw
What memories...
Facts :
Footprint is approx 40m x 60m
Central roof area is approx. 23m x 16m
It is almost 22m to the bottom of the roof steel
4 day installation time
185 ton load bearing capacity
Anyone would be interested in it? The only small problem: it takes a fairly large garden...:sexywink:

And it's amazing to see what is able to do with the claw :
U2 360 Tour Stage - The Claw

my OH would LOVE it - he would think of something totally impractical do with it haha - he says he wants to take the brochure to the local mayor and ask for planning permission for it LOL

they should send it to Futuroscope - that needs seriously revamping! and i reckon it would fit in really well there with all the geometric designs!

they should send it to Futuroscope - that needs seriously revamping! and i reckon it would fit in really well there with all the geometric designs!

Seriously ? I live not far away from Poitiers. Do you have tangible informations about that ?

what? no, it's just an idea - i have no clue what they're doing with it lol

i meant "should" as in "ought to" (hypothetical), not "are going to" (definite)

The Claw :heart::drool::heart::lol::heart:

I hope it does get some great home or great rentals!!!\

STILL :angry: they didn't 360 Yankee Stadium!! !:lol:

will have to google this Future Scope too!

wait I've got it!!! :hyper:

thy caninstall it somewherer in Flushing Meadows Park!!!!
Site of the :heart: 64/65 World's Fair in Queens, nyc! :D

In fact, section off the catwalks and the outer ring and let fans buy tickets onto those. Turn a stadium stage into a medium sized venue stage. Raise the pit floor a bit. Bam, sick ass stage.

I think some kind of wrestling event tried to rent them to use in Brazil, but they couldn't get them shipped there. So they must be available to rent.

Yes, it was the UFC. President Dana White said in a press conference that they looked into renting U2's claw for the outdoor stadium event, but that it would be too cost/complicated to ship it all over. So instead they looked into designing their own smaller scale one. I bet they had to talk to Mark Fisher or other U2 associates about the logistics of that!

(Ultimately the stadium ufc fight got cancelled and moved to an arena, so its a moot point anyways)

Back
Top Bottom