Very Random U2 References in Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrARoundabout

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was watching "Knocked Up" today, look what I found:

U2OMG.jpg

(Durning the "I gave everybody Pink Eye" scene)

I saw this a while ago in "Ferris Buellers Day Off"
OMGAGAIN.jpg

And after I got home from Finals this year, I watched some obscure Freddy Kruger movie from 1989, some girl was getting killed in her bedroom, on the wall behind her was a "Lovetown" poster...I just thought that was kind of funny.

So, is there any other random U2 references in movies I have missed? LOL, I seem to have a gift at spotting them.

lol I noticed those too!!! It made me smile.

Right off the top of my head, I also remember the kids in Mrs. Doubtfire have an Achtung Baby poster. I can't remember anymore.

Not a movie, but in this advert for Cool Charm Deodorant over here, the girls in the apartment have an ATYCLB poster on their wall. Makes me smile :D

U2OMG.jpg

OMGAGAIN.jpg

And after I got home from Finals this year, I watched some obscure Freddy Kruger movie from 1989, some girl was getting killed in her bedroom, on the wall behind her was a "Lovetown" poster...I just thought that was kind of funny.

So, is there any other random U2 references in movies I have missed? LOL, I seem to have a gift at spotting them.

I spot U2 stuff also, and mostly when anything U2 is mentioned.

I was watching "The Brave One" with Jodi Foster the other day and there was an I-pod incident, a cop was going through the music and the i-pod contained Coldplay and U2..*LOL!! sounded like my i-pod :lol:

I remember a few years ago it seemed like every episode of Scrubs played a U2 song. I remember Beautiful Day was a big deal (it was almost part of the storyline), as well as Stuck when their car was flying through the air in slo-mo...for some reason. :crazy: :lol:

It's not a movie...but I was watching my DVD's of CSI:NY season 1 and at the beginning of the last episode Beautiful Day is the song that they are playing. :shifty: I played the beginning about 3 times before I watched the rest of the episode :reject:

In the fifth episode of the fifth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Vertigo plays at the begining :shifty: I love that episode :D

Beautiful Day plays at the end of the movie Almost famous and Light my Way at the end of Click.

Can't remember anyother right now :hmm:

U2OMG.jpg

OMGAGAIN.jpg

i have that poster from the top pic! i remember seeing it in the movie!

:lol: I remember the War poster from Ferris Bueller!

And Zoo Station in About A Boy! What a good movie that was! :drool:

This isn't from a movie either, but another US TV Show now cancelled; THE GILMORE GIRLS

I love that show! The writers were U2 fans ...

I think this was the beginning of season 3 or 4 after Rory graduated from High School and they went backpacking through Europe, including Ireland. They made numerous references in that episode about spending a whole day "Staking out the Clarence Hotel waiting for Bono to show up" hahaha!!
There are many other episodes with sly Bono references in them..like an imaginary list of rock stars Loralei wanted to marry and the B man was number 1. :)

I am sad it got cancelled :(

I just saw "Tropic Thunder" last night, and Matthew McConaughey's character was reading the Vanity Fair issue with Bono and Condoleezza Rice on the cover.

This isn't from a movie either, but another US TV Show now cancelled; THE GILMORE GIRLS

I love that show! The writers were U2 fans ...

I think this was the beginning of season 3 or 4 after Rory graduated from High School and they went backpacking through Europe, including Ireland. They made numerous references in that episode about spending a whole day "Staking out the Clarence Hotel waiting for Bono to show up" hahaha!!
There are many other episodes with sly Bono references in them..like an imaginary list of rock stars Loralei wanted to marry and the B man was number 1. :)

I am sad it got cancelled :(

You know, The gilmore girls was actually where I first really heard about U2 and what first made me check them out. At the time I was just getting into rock n' roll, and wondering which bands to check out. I remember thinking they all had really good music taste on that show, and of course U2 was always being mentioned, and the rest is history. An odd story indeed, but I really owe so very much to that show...

You know, The gilmore girls was actually where I first really heard about U2 and what first made me check them out. At the time I was just getting into rock n' roll, and wondering which bands to check out. I remember thinking they all had really good music taste on that show, and of course U2 was always being mentioned, and the rest is history. An odd story indeed, but I really owe so very much to that show...

Hey Rose! Oh my gosh, that is so funny! Wasn't the writing on GG's the best? I watch the re-runs on the Family Channel occasionally since it's on everyday still!It's really a shame that it went down hill after the original writers/creators left in the next to last season. That's why it got cancelled; it wasn't the same :(
Yes, Amy Paladino ( the creator/writer) was definitely a huge Bono/U2 fan! I loved the underlying music references too! Anybody looking for a gift to give a young girl in high school or college, the DVD's of this show would be perfect!
It's very empowering and funny and charming and very very smart! Good role models; such a rare thing.

I love Gilmore Girls, and it always made me so happy when they mentioned Bono in any fashion. I heard somewhere that in certain episodes there's a pic of Bono on their fridge, but I never saw it.

This isn't from a movie or TV show, but I love the book American Psycho, and there's a chapter where they go to a U2 concert and it's kindof hilarious...

Oh, I loved GG's :sad: Is so sad to know that the show´ve been canceled

And, as you know, Bono was quoted in The Simpsons movie
I can´t remember now but, I just have seen a movie that had a U2 poster of RAH in the wall, was an Edge picture

There are probably 7 or 8 Gilmore Girls episodes with references to U2/Bono.

Gilmore Girls :drool:

Don't get me started, please. Thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom