#U2ieTour Photos - TOUR TIME 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your pictures are amazing! Which Chicago shows are you going to? I'll be at 1 & 2 and my only camera will be my iPhone 5S so if you're going to be in GA for those shows that would be awesome for me. :flirt: Then I won't have to feel too bad for not getting around to buying a new camera for this tour. :)

I'll be at 1, 2, 3 & 4. I'll have my camera with me but for a few of them I'm lining up with friends who can't make it until mid-day so I might not be in quite as good of spots as I was for Vancouver & LA. I'll get some shots though either way :)

Justin, you have a gift. Thanks so much for sharing it. Maybe you'd like to start a thread of your own IE photos with your name in the title? It might help to permanently attach your name to the photos within the fandom--ie, years from now when people are requesting images, we get to say, "It's one of the Justin Kent photos. There's a whole series in his thread!"

thank you for the kind words!

Yeah, I might be up for starting a thread of images. Maybe after Chicago once I have a chance to edit some of those shots. I can do some kind of super post.

Also justin. Did you go for a mirrorless or not?

All of these are from a mirrorless, yeah. I have a 5DMkII for the professional gigs but I haven't bothered trying to get it into any of these shows. I'm just shooting with my Fuji x100t. It's a pretty amazing piece of kit but not at all something I'd recommend to people looking for a first or only camera. It is very limited in that it is a fixed 35mm lens and it has a ton of tech packed into it that would be wasted on people just looking for a quick and easy point and shoot. Personally I love the hybrid viewfinder and the ability to shoot with it like a rangefinder. I spent the first 5+ years of shooting concerts using nothing but a 50mm prime so the fixed lens is something I'm able to make work for me.

All of these are from a mirrorless, yeah. I have a 5DMkII for the professional gigs but I haven't bothered trying to get it into any of these shows. I'm just shooting with my Fuji x100t. It's a pretty amazing piece of kit but not at all something I'd recommend to people looking for a first or only camera. It is very limited in that it is a fixed 35mm lens and it has a ton of tech packed into it that would be wasted on people just looking for a quick and easy point and shoot. Personally I love the hybrid viewfinder and the ability to shoot with it like a rangefinder. I spent the first 5+ years of shooting concerts using nothing but a 50mm prime so the fixed lens is something I'm able to make work for me.

I don't even own a full frame... 7D, but work with prime lenses 80% of the time. I agree they work like a charm. I usually switch out between the 135mm and 50mm.

Your pics are making my hands itch to go and try some mirrorless since they are easy to take into venues. Thanks for being so honest and open about your gear! Your a cool guy!

I don't even own a full frame... 7D, but work with prime lenses 80% of the time. I agree they work like a charm. I usually switch out between the 135mm and 50mm.

Your pics are making my hands itch to go and try some mirrorless since they are easy to take into venues. Thanks for being so honest and open about your gear! Your a cool guy!

Hey no problem! I'm all about sharing info. I'm a firm believer in the idea that gear is incidental (to some extent) to the quality of photos you get. Just because someone goes out and spends $5000 on a DSLR setup with quality lenses doesn't immediately mean they will get great results. It still takes time and a lot of practice. I look at plenty of photos with sharp focus, solid exposure and decent composition and the actual moment that was captured is unflattering and makes the performer look old or awkward and I think to myself "that image would never go in my portfolio" It's not something I would say outloud unsolicited unless someone actually asked for my advice but critique is a really valuable tool and one of the best ways to improve. There were some shots earlier in the thread where the photographer captured some good moments but you can tell in editing they just buried the clarity slider for an "artsy" look. To me that's painful to look at and it's a sign of someone who is new to their trade.

Sorry, dunno where I was actually going with that ramble. All that I guess to say I'm all for sharing tips and gear openly, gear doesn't make the photographer any more than a sports car makes a racecar driver.

By Otto Kitsinger
mBblagQ.png

LLjXwxi.png

I'll be at 1, 2, 3 & 4. I'll have my camera with me but for a few of them I'm lining up with friends who can't make it until mid-day so I might not be in quite as good of spots as I was for Vancouver & LA. I'll get some shots though either way :)

thank you for the kind words!

Yeah, I might be up for starting a thread of images. Maybe after Chicago once I have a chance to edit some of those shots. I can do some kind of super post.

We met on Weds! I was with Lies and Phil looking and your amazing Roxy book....you took out pic for us! So good to meet you. Did you get a chance to give the book to anyone?

We met on Weds! I was with Lies and Phil looking and your amazing Roxy book....you took out pic for us! So good to meet you. Did you get a chance to give the book to anyone?

Hey Hey!

Good to meet you too! what was your name?

I got my book to someone who should be able to get it to the right folks, yes. Now I just get to wait and see if anything comes of it ;)

Can we start a Take the Polo off the Edge twitter account? And will everyone post a photo?

I'd take it a step further and make a twitter acount for Edge's not so rocknroll polo's :lol:

Will anyone but us post pictures here though. I feel kind off alone. :reject:

Can we start a Take the Polo off the Edge twitter account? And will everyone post a photo?

Everyone used to complain when he only wore tee shirts. Then he switched to the plaid shirts on the 360 tour and even more complaints and also requests to go back to tee shirts. Now it's the polo shirt. The poor man can't win. I'm not a fan of his leopard print red polo he wore the other day, especially after seeing in person. But really he looks great no matter what he wears! :heart: I do actually really like some of the polo shirts he's wearing so they don't bother me.

If you really want to start a page for him to switch a clothing item, let's talk about his new shoes :crack:

I have not noticed the shoes!

I was not around here for the T shirt era or 360 but I would definitely not be complaining. The tees show off his pretty neck, and the return of the low necked black undershirt from ZOO
which shows of so much of his pretty chest
are not things I could complain about.

I have not noticed the shoes!

I was not around here for the T shirt era or 360 but I would definitely not be complaining. The tees show off his pretty neck, and the return of the low necked black undershirt from ZOO
which shows of so much of his pretty chest
are not things I could complain about.

you haven't noticed he raided Larry and Bono's shoe closet and traded in his Cons for creepers? :sigh: Oy…don't get me started.

For the record…I like Edge in anything. I wasn't thrilled with that leather long sleeve shirt thing he wore on stage for 360 but other than that :drool: dude looks damn fine in anything he puts on. :heart:

I wonder though if Edge's red animal print shirt is a throwback to 1980's style, you know the Innocence Tour and all. I must admit, I had a shirt exactly like it in the 80's. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom