#U2ieTour Photos - TOUR TIME 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean I love Instagram for what it is, but a great concert photography tool it isn't.

Also last tour I got tons of my own great shots with my camera, but this time I think I had my settings set wrong because I used the same camera and got crap. :huh:

Agreed. Especially considering most people use instagram in combination with their phone cams ... For a "Look I was here and look how awesome my life is" - medium filled with not even half decent pics.

There are exceptions of course.
Some people DO take good pics with their phone. People who are passionate and clever with tricking out their phone for concert photography. But the framing/cropping limitation alone should make anyone serious about their pictures, consider a better platform than instagram to share their pics.

Flickr and 500p is not all that anymore either. It eats away some color data and quality of you pic but its still okay for passionate non-pros like myself.

Ew about the crap pics. :ohmy:

Agreed. Especially considering most people use instagram in combination with their phone cams ... For a "Look I was here and look how awesome my life is" - medium filled with not even half decent pics.

There are exceptions of course.
Some people DO take good pics with their phone. People who are passionate and clever with tricking out their phone for concert photography. But the framing/cropping limitation alone should make anyone serious about their pictures, consider a better platform than instagram to share their pics.

Flickr and 500p is not all that anymore either. It eats away some color data and quality of you pic but its still okay for passionate non-pros like myself.

Ew about the crap pics. :ohmy:

The thing about Instagram is that it is meant to be used with a phone camera. I mean I believe its purpose was for sending a quick "picture-gram" to friends. It's a brilliant app for just that. Of course there are many very creative picture takers and photographers out there who have perfected the art of "instagraming" and take some really nice shots. But still it was meant to be something fun and quick.

The thing I was getting at is that many are just using that now, instead of carrying around 2 cameras if you will (their phone and a regular camera) for sake of convenience. So I think that's why we see a lot more of that type around this tour. The photographers are still out there getting the good shots, but there is a much bigger influx of everyday joes sharing their phone pics now, as well as those who might have tried a bit harder with a camera, but don't because of the phone camera. Hope that makes sense what I'm trying to say. :wink:

uhs6Bof.png

cL3017D.png

dkNs6O7.png

LY18pKg.png

fNzIcOG.png

Back
Top Bottom