U2 smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirror Ball Man

The Fly
So, what about the bands smoking?
I smoke myself, so i was wondering:

Which members of the band smoke?
When did they start?
What kind of cigarettes do they smoke?

I know Alan and Bono smoke(d). Im just curious.

Alan? :eyebrow:

Adam started with smoking pretty early, in highschool. Now he's the only one of them who doesn't smoke. They all smoked cigs in the 80s, Bono smokes small cigars called cigarillios since Zoo era. He doesn't constantly smoke anymore because it damages his voice too much, but occasionally he can be spotted with a pack of cigs. Larry only smokes outside because his kids tell him off. As far as I know Edge still smokes as well, though I've not seen any evidence lately.

That's all I remember.

Oh and in every pic I've seen where you can actually see the box, Bono (and possibly the others if I remember right) seem to prefer Marlboro Lights.

I would think its highly unlikely that Edge still smokes. After all its been ages since there was any photographic evidence, plus all the drama him and his family have endured with cancer over the last few years.

Bono said he smoked for a while after his surgery and then I think he stopped again. It seems to be an off-and-on thing for him. Unfortunately, Paul McGuinness said all the band members smoke except Adam; but this was a few years ago when he said that, so I don't know if they still do. I just can't picture Edge smoking nowadays; I know there are pics of him smoking from the ZooTV era, but I always thought that Edge doesn't look right with a cigarette in his mouth.

more recent pic of Edge smoking a waterpipe in Istanbul:
waterpipeedge.jpg

well, I hope he has at least quit the cigarettes!!!
but maybe he is an occasional smoker? sometimes for parties only?
or perhaphs he just went along with local traditions for politeness? waterpipes, I think, are quite popular in Turkey
+ there's another discussion over the harmfulness of cigarettes VS waterpipes...

more recent pic of Edge smoking a waterpipe in Istanbul:
waterpipeedge.jpg

well, I hope he has at least quit the cigarettes!!!
but maybe he is an occasional smoker? sometimes for parties only?
or perhaphs he just went along with local traditions for politeness? waterpipes, I think, are quite popular in Turkey
+ there's another discussion over the harmfulness of cigarettes VS waterpipes...

Anyone know who the woman is next to Edge? I`ve seen her in a fw pictures recently :hmm:

I'm with you, Padj!

edgesmoke1.jpg

edgesmoke2.jpg

edgesmoke3.jpg

And it's weird - ever since I quit smoking myself (5 years ago next week. Go me!) I don't find smoking attractive on anyone but Edge. It's like he's being...naughty or something. Which of course, gets my motor runnin' :wink:

Have someone pictures of a smoking Larry? I know he's smoking, but I don't wanna believe.. there all stupid, 4 smokers... sniff :(

Grtzz.

Back
Top Bottom